Waterproofing Boots

ollie

What info I was after is how much Wool fat, how much bees wax and how much olive oil. Ta

The tubs were 500g, only got one left. Bees wax is just what I can scrounge of my mate, about 100g. Never measured the olive oil. Its good stuff, it would be good enough without the beeswax. Boots chemists is where I got my last woolfat, lanolin from. The store bought stuff don't come close!

U.

The tubs were 500g, only got one left. Bees wax is just what I can scrounge of my mate, about 100g. Never measured the olive oil. Its good stuff, it would be good enough without the beeswax. Boots chemists is where I got my last woolfat, lanolin from. The store bought stuff don't come close!

U.

TA. Will nick some of OH's beeswax out the workshop (he only uses it for making wood polish) :whistling: . Will have a look for the pure lanolin. Have Olive oil in the kitchen.

Well my third pair of wellies leaked this morning! Now it may just be me but I assumed wellies are for keeping feet dry but I may have that wrong!

So tonight I will be mixing dubbing!

My four year old brashers are dryer with no dubbing!

My other boots never let in and are still coated in dubbing from last winter.

U.

Renapur is very good as it feeds the leather too and goes into it whereas something like dubbing seems to sit on top.

This stuff is amazing, their office is only a 10 minute drive from my house by chance.

Not sure if it'll be any good for these boots though as they look like they have a suede type finish for the most part?

This stuff is amazing, their office is only a 10 minute drive from my house by chance.

Not sure if it'll be any good for these boots though as they look like they have a suede type finish for the most part?

Is there anything you would suggest for this type of boot?

Do you want waterproof boots or nice looking boots ???

I warm mine up in the oven (Mrs doesn't know lol) then give them a good soaking with a mixture of bee's wax, lanolin, grangers waterproofing and melted down bits of old shoe polish. Water does not attack my socks one little bit. :-)

Do you want waterproof boots or nice looking boots ???

I warm mine up in the oven (Mrs doesn't know lol) then give them a good soaking with a mixture of bee's wax, lanolin, grangers waterproofing and melted down bits of old shoe polish. Water does not attack my socks one little bit. :-)

Certainly want waterproof boots. So you would suggest warming the boots before I apply the mixture that I use? I assume this helps the mixture to soak into the boots?

Is there anything you would suggest for this type of boot?

Sorry no, only what I've read on Amazon reviews.

This gets very good reviews http://www.amazon.co.uk/Collonil-Waterstop-heavy-leather-waterproofing/dp/B001O5O4L6/ref=sr_1_8?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1415622265&sr=1-8&keywords=suede+waterproof+spray

And also I've found most products by Nikwax are great too.