How many have caravans

delburt0

I have been caravaning since before I can remember. Me and the mrs bought out first one when we were 18 as we spend a lot of weekends at steam rallies with out family steam roller. It was an old 1980s little monza which was fun then upgraded to a lot newer van with hot water and a shower!!. Mrs got pregnant so we sold it as only a 2 berth and the money disapperead on a wedding, so downgraded to an early 90s abi from my brother. We were gonna keep it as worked fine but after a holiday to Cuba in a 5 star resort realised travelling with a small children is terrible and with another one on the way the thought didn't bare thinking bout, so virtually month after got home went and bout a big twin axle van with all the bells and whistles. Have To say it's best thing we ever bought to and perfect with two small kids. No messing about packing for hours just pick the van up Chuck a few clothes in and were off.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a classic Rapido Recordmatic folding caravan. Foods down into a trailer about 7 feet long, 5 feet wide and 3 foot high. Folds out into a 12 foot by 7 foot solid caravan. Weighs in at about 500 kilo so can tow it with a 1.2 engined car or even a classic mini 1.0L. We are currently restoring the front box, and I plan on building a car port of sorts to store it. We have been all over in it. Most recently to the Cotswolds and towed it with the 1.3 Wagon R+.

Thanks I'll have a look will try to get out next year.

The problem is getting the weather right lol

Muffies Platt Farm, near Fleetwood. August 2014 £12 per night with electric hook up all in. Field, water, toilet and shower if you want it. See the cows being milked etc lovely farmer and family.

If you stay away from the big sites with club/pub shop etc it needn't be expensive.

Thanks I'll have a look will try to get out next year.

The problem is getting the weather right lol

I think you might have to be a member of the Caravan and Camping club to use this site, but once you join they have loads of small CL sites all over the country. CL sites just have a few pitches and basic facilities and often on farms. They have bigger club sites with more bells and whistles too. Worth having a look at the website. It lists facilities and often has photos too. Some sites are open all year others have a March to October season etc.

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/siteseekersearch/aspx/search.aspx?radius=20&location=Fleetwood&listViewPageSize=10&siteTypes=1,2,3,5

This is the site search around Fleetwood.

Edited by loriusgarrulus

Our first caravan was a Rapido pop top 4 berth. Really nice caravan. We only changed it because we wanted the luxury of indoor toilet and shower.

This is our recordmatic! Real handy packing away so small as I need no towing mirrors, and get no problem with cross winds etc! Takes about 20 mins to erect.

2014-09-04_13_48_14.jpg

2014-09-04_06_26_24.jpg

2012-08-08_18_11_07.jpg

2012-08-08_18_11_31.jpg

had vans for years, I hate going on holiday without the dogs,

once or twice on a CL I have got chatting to the farmer who has lent me a shotgun and a few cartridges to have an hour shooting the pigeons/crows etc.

when we go back I make sure a gun is stashed in the car, :lol:

We have a caravan. Belong to the Caravan and Camping Club as most of their sites allow dogs. We have a 5 berth tourer with all mod cons, shower, toilet which we use, full cooker, full heating etc. Lots of room for me and OH, with room to take the dogs as well. Can take my Daughter and Two Grandkids too. We put a sectional fence round the inside of the awning to keep the dogs in works a treat.

We used to go camping, but decided we wanted a bit more comfort now were older, can't beat it.

i have a caravan too but belong to the caravan club,

i fine the caravan and camping club is more for the commoner's lol

Colin

As I have 120 miles round trip to our shoot I got a 1994 van to take on to the shoot to stay inn overnight cos getting to old to kip in the truck . B&B in the area don't care for lads with guns etc :no: and those that do cost the earth :oops: so if I use the van 12 times I will be into pocket.Got both types of gas and regulators one for normal weather the other is ok to use when colder propane and butane I think can't remember but you get the picture .Anyway I will try it out and see if its worth keeping cos it just for trips up to shoot as wor lass don't want to know :sad1: she likes her creature comforts to much :lol: .Might get a few pics up and tales to tell in the future . :rolleyes: