are your lights out

remmy1100

it is amazing how many cyclops cars are driving around at night oblivious to the fact theyve only one headlight on including a police car,even saw couple without lights on this week surely they cannot see there speedo ect. was a time you would get a rectification notice that had to be stamped by mot station(which was a hassle as they started charging) ,and loads with a rear light/brake out which is harder to spot unless someone tells you .i followed a landy one night on motorway which had intermitent lights when he braked they all went off sometimes returning I followed him and managed to make him aware could of been a different story if someone had ploughed into back of him though.so get someone to stand behind you and check your lights out guys.

I notice a fair few police cars with faulty lights! Some even flash a funny blue colour! But yeah, seriously I have seen a few police cars with headlights out, so much for the first use checks! Also see a LOT of people driving around town in the dark with no lights on ??? But the BEST was a BAD santa in Dudley today! Came off the new road through the business park at Cramlington on a Harley! Pillion on too, squirted away from the roundabout and completely ignored the 30mph and went through +40? Set an example Santa you naughty boy :lol: how are the kids supposed to be good when your a rouge :D

Edited by Lord Geordie

It is my pet hate, each night I see that many, I winds me up no as I have to check my lights before I set out I even do it on the car,

I must see at least 100 cars a week either front or rear lights out, but the worst for me is main beam cars coming at me with main beam on they must think it's ok he's a trucker! Soon turn em off when I turn on all my lights must blind them as it looks like daylight when I use all the lights together

Part of the problem is just how difficult it is now to change a head lamp bulb on a modern car, on some you have to remove the bumper or get the bulb out under the wing arch or have very small hands and remove air intakes, batteries etc etc not so easy for the old or non technical driver. so a £8 bulb can be £40 plus for the labour.

So I blame the car designers who over the years have changed a simple job to a pain in the .... job.

It is my pet hate, each night I see that many, I winds me up no as I have to check my lights before I set out I even do it on the car,

I must see at least 100 cars a week either front or rear lights out, but the worst for me is main beam cars coming at me with main beam on they must think it's ok he's a trucker! Soon turn em off when I turn on all my lights must blind them as it looks like daylight when I use all the lights together

Its no big deal checking all of the car lights on your own. I can obviously see the rear and front side lights also the head lights and indicators. Brake lights are little harder but again straight forward. I just check the reflections from either a wall, another car or a shop window. Its never failed me yet. I also usually carry spare back/brake light bulbs and front side light and headlight bulbs. They are cheap enough from Lidl or Aldi.

Is it coincidence that a lot of people in town who have no lights on are maybe going home after a night out. Even flashed one woman over a 500 yard stretch, she took not a blind bit of notice and carried on.

Part of the problem is just how difficult it is now to change a head lamp bulb on a modern car,

My previous van (Citroen Dispatch) was flaming awkward to change a headlamp bulb. You needed a Jeremy Beadle type of hand to get into the tiny gap. Now i have a Transit which is old skool and could do it eyes shut wearing boxing gloves.

Part of the problem is just how difficult it is now to change a head lamp bulb on a modern car, on some you have to remove the bumper or get the bulb out under the wing arch or have very small hands and remove air intakes, batteries etc etc not so easy for the old or non technical driver. so a £8 bulb can be £40 plus for the labour.

So I blame the car designers who over the years have changed a simple job to a pain in the .... job.

Fortunately I have mastered the art of changing my Megane nearside headlight bulb without having to go through the wheel arch. My hands are not that small but if anyone has hands like a gorilla............forget it. Not had to change a fog light bulb yet, believe the bumper has to come off. If one ever goes it can stay gone, never use them anyway

Its no big deal checking all of the car lights on your own. I can obviously see the rear and front side lights also the head lights and indicators. Brake lights are little harder but again straight forward. I just check the reflections from either a wall, another car or a shop window. Its never failed me yet. I also usually carry spare back/brake light bulbs and front side light and headlight bulbs. They are cheap enough from Lidl or Aldi.

Is it coincidence that a lot of people in town who have no lights on are maybe going home after a night out. Even flashed one woman over a 500 yard stretch, she took not a blind bit of notice and carried on.

Very true a few minutes at the start of a drive could end up saving your life!

My new scania topline has a button inside that lights all my lights up so as I walk round to check unit and trailer

if I get pulled by the now dvsa (vosa) and found that iv not checked lights etc I face loosing my job and then house etc etc, yet a car driver police mostly turn a blind eye, case point last thurs police were doin spot checks in Grantham this corsa tore past me headlight out round past asda Mr police waves me in, so I stop on the road get out to him telling me park in there please! It's 44foot mate I ain't getting in there trust me,

10 minutes later breath test passes driving cards all checked have to carry 3 cards!!!!! Last question any firearms in the cab!!! ****

Yes your car may let you know if a bulbs gone but if aint going to be to change it if you don't carry a spare. I have spares for all mine including indicators. ;-)

me too full set headlight to side light bulds also spare fuses full first aid kit ,puncture seal and jump leads ect

Fortunately I have mastered the art of changing my Migrane nearside headlight bulb without having to go through the wheel arch. My hands are not that small but if anyone has hands like a gorilla............forget it. Not had to change a fog light bulb yet, believe the bumper has to come off. If one ever goes it can stay gone, never use them anyway

there, fixed it for you!

I have been thinking when I go out in daylight 2pm and it seem that most cars have there headlights on are they automatic or is everyone going blind I put my lights on when the light starts to fade not just for the fun of it I have also go a horn but I do not go around blowing it all of the time just so that everyone nows that I have got one. :sad1:

there, fixed it for you!

Thank you Geordie you mags are so helpful, shame for y'all re todays derby. Reckon the score should have been 5-3 to the mackems but no finishers and some of the passing was so bad neither team should have won. 0-0 would have been equitable. Still a win is a win.

Thank you Geordie you mags are so helpful, shame for y'all re todays derby. Reckon the score should have been 5-3 to the mackems but no finishers and some of the passing was so bad neither team should have won. 0-0 would have been equitable. Still a win is a win.

I get the last laugh! I HATE football :lol: :lol: can't be bothered with the sport :D

It annoys me when I see other drivers with lights not working or just not on greatly, as it poses a substantial safety risk to them, others on the road and myself. However, it amuses me greatly when an over exuberant fellow motorist tries to persuade me I only have my side lights on when I have my full beams on, or when someone tells me my rear lights are wired wrong as my brake lights flash rather than (non-existent) indicators. I check my car for full functions every time I go out, as its much more likely to have a mood over something than a modern car.