two and a half hrs on topped maze yesterday 30/1/2015

Guest stevo

evening all.

well its been a while since I did a video so here is my latest foray on some topped maze yesterday afternoon . I got a call on Wednesday saying it had just been topped so I have been keeping an eye on it since , but the birds seem to struggle finding it , to be honest I thought this one would just miss them by as on the otherside of the woods your see in the video is approx. 10 aches of maze that was also topped ( not my shoot ) where as mine is a mere 2 acres of topped cover , so mine to be fare would be just a starter for them . That's if they ever find it .

anyway like I said I have been watching with interest , I decided to take a spin out there yesterday afternoon about 12.30 pm and BINGO there was around a 100 I walked off so I thought its got to be worth a go , so buy the time I got set up and sorted it was around 1.30 pm . it weren't too long before they started to track back onto the cover , all I can say is HOW COLD IT WAS !! I just could not warm up at all haha

in the video your see the magnet out at 30 yrds and the edge of the cover is 35yrds from my hide , I was using all sorts of cartridges , all the odds and **** in my bag , I was also trying out my new KICKS "smoke " ported full choke .

RC sipe 32grm #5

gamebore steel 28 grm #7.5

power pigeon 29 grm #6

I bet you cant tell the difference in kills , I couldn't really .

I packed up at 4 pm with a total bag of 78

68 pigeon and 10 crows/rooks

hope you enjoy

ATB stevo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JBpQT-H5TY

Edited by stevo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good afternoon. My youtube version of your video was blurred which is a pity.

change the youtube video setting bottom right of screen , it will go all the way upto 1080HD as it was recorded in HD Jdog

I had to let a couple fly . As i said i was using a few small steel loads as well as game loads . So i had to pick my bird and watch my range too .that said i was impressed with there performance . I know the choking makes a world of difference but still ...

Good shooting and video again Stevo no snow were you are fields fill off it here but thowing out now so mite get out tomm ?

thank you mate , yeah Im hoping to try again tomorrow afternoon for a few hrs depending on weather , I set out this morning with the intention of having a full day at it however the snow downpour put an end to the , so fingers crossed .

Bloody hell if they gave you a spud gun you'd still knocked them down,brilliant vid as usual.I sat in the hide for 3hrs on Friday not a shot fired but downed 1 last of teas ,1 snickers bar, and bagged half a packet of hobnobs.

nah , just a lucky shot davyo ,

I have got a thing for breakfast bars when im in the hide , I just cant stop eating the ******* haha

I noticed them , give yourself a slap :lol: well shot I am feeling quite envious .

haha even the wife watched it and said , " what a ****** for missing them "

Where do you find the time to eat lol

normally scoff them all on the way to shoot haha

Most refreshing!I could almost feel that wind going through my bones as I watched it in a warm office.Once again you were in the rhythm with those birds & managed to avoid 'peppering' the house infront of which they all wanted to exit.Keep posting those videos as it seems to be the nearest I get to getting out in the hide these days.

Some great shooting and an enjoyable watch, as usual. :good:

If it was possible to show your hide,that roof system at the back would probably interest some members.

You appear to be using cross poles.

I will post some picks up next time ,

Some great shooting and an enjoyable watch, as usual. :good:

If it was possible to show your hide,that roof system at the back would probably interest some members.

You appear to be using cross poles.

That did interest me,I think he always uses 3 poles with a pointed front to the hide.I think he's inspiring a few me included.