Diver wanted!

Dekers

I need the hull of my boat cleaned, only the area below the water line, it is only river so just a bit of light weed, it was also out of the water and cleaned thoroughly only 18 months ago so it will probably only need a light cleaning.

Boat is on the Thames near Henley, on a private mooring with a private landing stage.

Money is available for this task, or perhaps a contra deal of a day out on the boat, or perhaps a diving trip on the boat.

If you are up for it, or know someone who may be, please PM and we can discuss details.

Cheers

post-20848-0-72073300-1427025828_thumb.jpg

Very nice Deckers old bean, I can't help with the diving,

But I can help you catch fish off it if you like? I'll also help you to supp some pimms / single malt on deck if you like?lol,

Very nice mate,

Atb

Flynny

Edited by flynny

But I can help you catch fish off it if you like? I'll also help you to supp some pimms / single malt on deck if you like?lol,

Very nice mate,

Atb

Flynny

:lol::lol:

Certainly need some help catching fish on the Thames, I'm more into Lakes/Carp/Cats etc., and those skills haven't transferred well to the Thames!

Pimms I'm pretty good at though! :good:

i am a diver, its very risky for you to offer money as it falls within the Health and safety regs and becomes commercial. A completely separate set of skils and quals from recreational and technical divers. If it all goes well then no harm no fowl, but if there is an accident then its very bad. And with diving, one breath from death all the time.

Very nice mate,

Atb

Flynny

Hi Flonny, it's Dekers! :lol:

Book me a place and I'll pour the drinks. :)

Regards

Tommytree

i am a diver, its very risky for you to offer money as it falls within the Health and safety regs and becomes commercial. A completely separate set of skils and quals from recreational and technical divers. If it all goes well then no harm no fowl, but if there is an accident then its very bad. And with diving, one breath from death all the time.

fairly common practice for recreational divers to scrape boats, done many many not as easy as people think once did a 70ft yacht that had so much growth on it,it literally listed when one side was cleaned ( did one side and turned the boat away from the jetty and into the sun much easier to work), as a little aside whilst you are on about commercial divers and sport divers, I was diving the port napier used to spent a week on on it every year for nearly 2 decades, and the commercial lads that were working on the the bridge being built at kyle lost some gear and it was to deep for them to get, believe it exceeded their remit and insurance on air? anyway they asked if we could retrieve it for them which we did.

Got a nice meal and a nights drink for the effort and a chance to have a look inside the chamber they had on site.

KW

Edited by kdubya

Nice birchwood 31, I have a lot of old stock parts for them if you ever need anything.

That's worth remembering! :good:

They are cracking boats, and it's in good shape now, in the last 18 months I completely refitted the saloon, rewired the boat, added new 12v and 240v fittings, installed an inverter, immersion heater, custom electric flush loo and stainless tank etc, added headlights, a new sound system, new fuel pump, new internal lights, got all the navigation lights working, etc etc etc etc.

Oh yes, and the Fridge/freezer works as well now so the Wine/Pimms can be served nicely chilled, or with ice as required! :):good:

fairly common practice for recreational divers to scrape boats, done many many not as easy as people think once did a 70ft yacht that had so much growth on it,it literally listed when one side was cleaned ( did one side and turned the boat away from the jetty and into the sun much easier to work), as a little aside whilst you are on about commercial divers and sport divers, I was diving the port napier used to spent a week on on it every year for nearly 2 decades, and the commercial lads that were working on the the bridge being built at kyle lost some gear and it was to deep for them to get, believe it exceeded their remit and insurance on air? anyway they asked if we could retrieve it for them which we did.

Got a nice meal and a nights drink for the effort and a chance to have a look inside the chamber they had on site.

KW

I know its common, but still fraught with "Official" ramifications and red tape.

I'm with Rupert on this

Any paid work for commercial diving , picking golf balls out of a pond to prop clearance jobs or the odd spool tie inn to a jacket , all come s under the umbrella of the HSE

Them the rules , sorry

true but its begger all to do with safety is it? 30 years ago I used to get a LOT of work on everything from lifting boats cars and vans etc to searching for lost objects, or recovering pot strings, then the commercial lads started "reporting issues" or more to the point wanted their own pockets lined .

KW

Regards the H.S.E. And payment, surely don't pay, do it for free........ However giving petrol money as a gift is seperate.......

once used to get a few bottles of whiskey for work on one particular boat, came to the local docks every year and had the same inspection done, one year I got the phone call so thought here's another drop of the hard stuff, did the job only to be presented with a framed picture of the boat, surprisingly enough declined the call after that!

KW

once used to get a few bottles of whiskey for work on one particular boat, came to the local docks every year and had the same inspection done, one year I got the phone call so thought here's another drop of the hard stuff, did the job only to be presented with a framed picture of the boat, surprisingly enough declined the call after that!

KW

:) perhaps the skipper saw the light and tried to save you from yourself

Taken from HSE diving FAQs page

What if I dive at work under yachts and small vessels to clean hulls and carry out minor repairs?

This type of diving falls under the Diving at Work Regulations, and would come under the Inland/inshore ACOP. You will need to notify HSE that you are a dive contractor PDF, have an adequate team size and ensure that the divers and supervisor have the appropriate diving qualification PDF.

KW, been there and have had the very sad task of recovering cars,aircraft and all the other very sad tasks that go along with this type of work whether it be river a lake or offshore,and I for one would certainly not go out of my way to look for this type of work.but you now days need some form of professional diving qualification to deal lawfully with any type of underwater work from clearing a blocked culvert in a dry suit to a full saturation dive spread offshore.