Easter Sunday

den5008

For me Rob, it's just a matter of respect for my god, no connection to anything being killed. I wouldn't clay shoot either.

Gents i have no problem with your religions or beliefs,but the eating lamb just seems a strange thing to do to celebrate the rising of someone.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point was as i said how do you round the argument that you do not want anything killed on sunday but you eat lamb, even it it has been killed before you are still celebrating the rising from the dead by eating something that has been killed

As for MR T and not shooting i have not argued with the fact that he chooses not to shoot on that day,so why bring it up with me?

I'm not fella, I'm not religious, I just don't know why you're questioning his rules on his land.

I bet big J nommed some lovely meat when he realised he was alive again.

Point out to me where i have questioned his rules on his land?

Crikey, you questioned his rules by stating that pigeons would rape his land like locust, and the vulpine species will commit genocide on his first born poultry if no one shot on Easter Sunday.

Maybe I was out of context eh? I'm not up for an argument, sorry if you took my post a bit awry.

That is your option, not all of us buy into the fairy tale of easter.

The pigeons will still eat your crops and foxes will kill your chickens,no one told them about easter

Crikey, you questioned his rules by stating that pigeons would rape his land like locust, and the vulpine species will commit genocide on his first born poultry if no one shot on Easter Sunday.

Maybe I was out of context eh? I'm not up for an argument, sorry if you took my post a bit awry.

Read back a bit ,i told him it was his option,The chicken and fox statement was light hearted banter i thought the bit on the end about them not being able to read might have been a clue,seems some of us have a sense of humour bypass today.

None taken :rolleyes:

Beat me to it, if any testing is required for future batches, choose me!

still half of it left just in case you're in the area keg. :good:

Any chance of the recipe please. :)

sure, the wife uses a sponge flan case, for one pack of orange jelly, use 13FLOZ orange juice instead of water, set the jelly in a flan dish the size of the flan case (separate to the sponge) then place on the sponge, for the gnash... melt 275g plain chocolate with 350ml double cream allow to cool then plaster over the top, then sit it in the fridge to set :good:

At a guess I would say it's more about disturbance than anything being killed.

The point was as i said how do you round the argument that you do not want anything killed on sunday but you eat lamb, even it it has been killed before you are still celebrating the rising from the dead by eating something that has been killed

As for MR T and not shooting i have not argued with the fact that he chooses not to shoot on that day,so why bring it up with me?

I think that would certainly help both retail and tourist industries.

Does Sunday opening cause an increase in spending? I thought I saw some research that was done when Scotland trialled Sunday opening before England that showed it didn't. On the basis that if somebody has a pound to spend then opening on a Sunday doesn't give them more to spend, just more days to spend it. It does, however, increase the cost to shops having to open on a Sunday.

Does Sunday opening cause an increase in spending? I thought I saw some research that was done when Scotland trialled Sunday opening before England that showed it didn't. On the basis that if somebody has a pound to spend then opening on a Sunday doesn't give them more to spend, just more days to spend it. It does, however, increase the cost to shops having to open on a Sunday.

You are 100% right. All the evidence shows that Sunday opening costs the retailers more to stay open than they would take in six days

You are 100% right. All the evidence shows that Sunday opening costs the retailers more to stay open than they would take in six days

Lol. But sainsbury, tesco, and every high st retailer just do it anyway, to provide a public service, even though it's costing them money? Or they haven't done the sums?

Of course they make more money being open Sundays. Why else do you think they do it?

Gents i have no problem with your religions or beliefs,but the eating lamb just seems a strange thing to do to celebrate the rising of someone.

I thought the lamb tradition came from the fact that easter coincides with passover. The israelites were instructed to slaughter a lamb, eat it and strike its blood above their doors. The angel of death then passed them by a took the first born male in each egyptian family. The lamb is also the symbol of sacrifice, hence the phrase lamb of god.