Shooter's Birthday Presents!

Brixsmaid

OK - this could turn into a long thread - I hope :lol:

What do I buy my more senior shooting colleagues, they seem to have acquired any and everything to do with shooting over their extensive shooting years, and before anyone suggests a matched pair of Purdeys or the like, they are only friends :) so will have to settle for less, but I would like something that they can appreciate and will last a while, so not bottle of something that will probably not survive passing around on the shoot!!

Sensibly priced (say £50 to a few hundred pounds tops) suggestions looked forward to :good:

I have this problem every year and it's getting worse, as we all acquire gear and get older to boot!!

Thanks

A nice print of a shoot or dog scene of the type of shooting they do.

A nice bronze of game.

Some nice Purdey or similar cuff links or tie etc.

Leather or canvas gunslip.

The list is endless. The easiest folk to buy for a country sports people.

Start making thumb sticks! A personal, unique and hand made gift is so much better than a shop bought pressie!

+1

or buy them a experience.

I have to be the worst person to buy for, but the good lady managed to find the perfect gift for me last Christmas with the help of a few PW member's. This was my experience and a day very similar is available in the PW Charity Shoot Raffle, so sign up for the shoot and buy some raffle tickets :good:

Edited by shoot and be safe

Your name says it all ;):lol:

To answer you two questions:

I'm buying my mates birthday presents because they are mates and some of them have been for 30 years plus - I'm guessing you're struggling with idea of real genuine lifetime mates - try getting some!

Yes - I think you can say 'gay' particularly as you user name says a lot!

Hi

Nice stick always goes down well

And for the better freinds special birthday

A bit more money gets a bespoke one

All the best

Of A1C16CED-911F-4963-B09F-72031571D6CC_zps

That is a brilliant idea and one cracking stick OF not sure it would every get used though - far to good to get dirty!!

Edited by Brixsmaid

I think your having a laugh given the majority of folk cant afford 50 on their wifes bday never mind spending a few hundred on mates

don't worry about me got plenty of lifetime mates and lovers :good:

I don't understand the username reference- maybe my age!

I only quoted a price, because it helps people to give a range of answers, and to put it in context, I also give the keepers I beat for pressies at Xmas and ob special birthdays - just for the pleasure of beating for them - strange I know but that's the way I tick! The better end presents folks are suggesting wouldn't be for every birthday but special one ending with a 0!

Have a think about your username - who or what is the rimmer bit about :no:

my mate Outlander off here got me a stick for my birthday last year but rather than buy it he made me one which means more than any amount of money very much appreciated.

colin

he done a great job of it too

That's exactly the thought behind the ideas for a present to special mate(s) on a special birthday - I'd have to buy one though - dangerous from the elbows down me, when it comes to making something like a cracking stick as per OF's picture - I only wish I could make something like that - I could mess up paint by numbers me!

Agree with Old farrier, a good stick with something your friend can relate to on top

Stick is definitely a strong possibility I hadn't thought about, as most of my mates are working dog folk (that's the canine version Robbietherimmer :)) - so need to suss out a Labrador/ESS/Cocker stick maker then - they've each got different dogs!

OK - this could turn into a long thread - I hope :lol:

What do I buy my more senior shooting colleagues, they seem to have acquired any and everything to do with shooting over their extensive shooting years, and before anyone suggests a matched pair of Purdeys or the like, they are only friends :) so will have to settle for less, but I would like something that they can appreciate and will last a while, so not bottle of something that will probably not survive passing around on the shoot!!

Sensibly priced (say £50 to a few hundred pounds tops) suggestions looked forward to :good:

I have this problem every year and it's getting worse, as we all acquire gear and get older to boot!!

Thanks

Come on let's face it,it's a bit weird isn't it.

How about a signed photo of you in your undercrackers?

Come on let's face it,it's a bit weird isn't it.

How about a signed photo of you in your undercrackers?

Sorry I thought this was a thread about buying some old and dear friends a gift. If he can afford to spend a few hundred quid so what, it's his money and his friends. Don't see anything weird in it unless he is dressing as Santa and asking them to sit on his knee.

nothing wrong with buying a mate a birthday present , im guessing that most of us would gladly buy a mate a pint on his birthday , its the same thing , just a little more expensive and with a little more thought involved :good: .