Soggy century

WelshMike

Friday afternoon I got a call to say that one of the farms had recently reseeded a grass field which was being plagued by crows. I was expecting the actual numbers to be far less then I was told (pessimistic as I am ).

Nice 4.30 a.m saturday alarm clock and all set up by 5.30 a.m. Unfortunately the weather was not at all kind and despite waterproofs I got a little wet. Set up with a few full bodied flocked decoys (12) and the corvids came in well for the morning with 70 by 12.00. As usual it slackened off for a while and then they came in slowly for another couple of hours. At 84 down and despite changing the pattern a few times all went quiet. As I have never achieved a century I decided to have a wander down to the rather noisy rookery at the bottom of the farm and see what was what. A few adults and branchers later I finished the day on 102. The farmer was very happy, I was happy and soggy...all round a great day despite the weather. Finally managed to get the hang of my new Winchester SXP (3" version so no recall worries) shooting the 102 for 146 shots. To be fair the last 18 or so were virtually stationary so no excuse to miss these.

102%20crows%2002.05.2015_zpsxhdjw2dg.jpg

After getting soaked the weather looked a bit kinder for monday so yet again out of bed at 4.30 am and all set up for 5.15 on another permission. I have shot the crows a fair bit over the last few months so was not hopeful. Mix of full bodied and a few rag decoys saw the corvids coming in well for a few hours. I decided to move about 1.00 as all had gone quiet after 44 in the morning. As usual I found a fair few in one field in front of the barns but I never seem to have any luck here but thought I would have a try. I managed to get one of the barn doors open that looks out onto the field and set up just inside the barn. Unfortunately there is a set of power lines in front of the barn so a case of choosing shots very carefully. Had another few hours managing a total for the day of 70, some enjoyable shooting and the nice weather helped. The photo shows the mornings tally.

70%20crows%2004.05.2015_zpsf73unmld.jpg

Brilliant stuff matey.

Now you have passed the wet test you can now move up to real guns lol :-;

I shouldnt ask but lets have your definition of "real guns"...I know if it was rifle shooting it would be a .22lr but I would like to be educated on this matter. :)

A front loader of course! :-)

No use to me mate...my shooting is that bad I had to get a 3 shot :lol: The one advantage of a muzzle loader would be that i could have a few seconds where I believed I had shot one..until the smoke cleared and then disappointment

Great shooting fella, well done. :good:

cheers bud