SK .22 rounds

I bought a box of SK .22 sub rounds from the agricultural merchant today to try them out in my CZ. Fantastic rounds, I was getting hole in hole groups at 50 yards. The 20 or so I fired were very consistent. £6 for 50 so not too bad.

Anyone else tried them?

Yes,when I can get them,very accurate through my CZ452.Very oily,don't seem to expand as much as Eley,Winnies or RWS but better accuracy.My Brno 581 struggles with them: "light strikes/FTFs" yet is OK with CCi/RWS/Eley/Winchester.

I bought a box of SK .22 sub rounds from the agricultural merchant today to try them out in my CZ. Fantastic rounds, I was getting hole in hole groups at 50 yards. The 20 or so I fired were very consistent. £6 for 50 so not too bad.

Anyone else tried them?

I can only answer for my rifle but the consistency is probably down to the fact that I found the SD to be virtually zero when I put them through the chrono'.

Yeah looking at prices on the internet. They are maybe at the top end of subsonic prices. But if I have to pay a bit more for much better accuracy so be it. I guess you get what you pay for. I might see if they will do a deal if I buy 1000 or so.

Any idea who make the "Value" .22 rimfire cartridges that Kranks sell and has anyone tried them ?

Don't know who makes them but I have tried them and they seemed ok. It was back in the days when my sons would trash a brick of 500 in an evening just for the fun of it so maybe not the most definitive accuracy test yet devised.

Any idea who make the "Value" .22 rimfire cartridges that Kranks sell and has anyone tried them ?

They were the old Eley 36 gr SSHPs when I bought some maybe 5 years ago. I had a semi at the time that loved that round and would not cycle its 40gr replacement.

A

I tried them in my Sako Quad for the first time Monday night and I thought they were great. £30 for 500 seems very reasonable. Odd that they come in a Pringles tin but whatever!

The Hunting Lodge East Peckham & East Grinstead guns stock them if that's any help to anyone.

Having just treated myself to a new Browning T-Bolt and trying to find its favourite diet of .22's I bought a selection on Saturday consisting of CCI, RWS and a box of SK to test against the Remingtons I previously purchased with the rifle,

Well the SK's win hands down with keyhole/cloverleaf grouping at a zero of 50yd, need to test on longer ranges now but up against the wind again late yesterday which might give me an excuse to get out later :)

Just need to sort out the diet for the HMR now then will be set .....

RFD mentioned that there should be no noticeable difference as both made by CCI

I understand that that may well be the case but I tried various - possibly all made by CCI - and in my rifle the Remingtons grouped much better AND they were faster. I'm wondering if as CCI make for other brands, whose spec' to they load to - theirs or the customer?

Very similar occurs with airgun pellets, same manufacturer in different tins and also different standards and quality, never used to believe different ammo would provide different results until getting deeper involved with that side of things and now doing the same with rimfires...

Very similar occurs with airgun pellets, same manufacturer in different tins and also different standards and quality, never used to believe different ammo would provide different results until getting deeper involved with that side of things and now doing the same with rimfires...

You can't believe anybody. Winchester 40gr subs have an advertised MV of 1065. The SK, 1034. In my 14" barrel the SK shoot 1043, close enough to the nominal but the Winchester shoot just about the 1034 - can't remember the exact figure but it's within +/- one or two ish.

The SK's are superb rounds .... but rarer than hens teeth. :unhappy:

Possibly not good news. My oppo just checked on our order for some. Our local RFD does not normally stock them but had had an order for a load of target ones and was going to add our subs to the list. It now transpires that he is not expecting the target ones until November with no idea about the hunting subs. Fortunately, we've now got some from another source but it means a half day trip.