Now they want to CAP motorcycle speeds

Lord Geordie

I agree with you LG, however on a Sunday morning having the "tupperware torpedos" bombard you at horrendous speeds and doing daft overtaking etc does not help their case.

Nothing against bikes at all, but agree that lunacy seems to take over the minds of normal everyday car drivers at weekends when the sun is shining and they get on a bike, all thoughts of family, kids, penalty points and next years insurance premium go out of the window.

Do what speed you "think" your capable of on unrestricted roads, but obey the speed limits in the villages.

Better still get a track day, show off to to your mates to your hearts content it wont cost us the ambulance then :D

:/ D2D

To be fair the British people will support this in their droves. The motorcyclist is just another 'baddy' that needs taking care of.

When the government take this recommendation on there will be absolutely nothing that you or anyone else can do to stop it: conformity is the only option.

Labour are slowly controlling every aspect of life, leaving nothing to chance to make Britain a utopia where even falling and hurting yourself will be a thing of the past.

Its heading in more restrictions anyway.

• The are going to put a black box in your car for 'road pricing'
  • They are going to introduce tough system for obtaining motorcycle licenses
  • They have put up speed cameras for ages all over the place with no opposition.

However, I imagine that this will only effect new bikes :/

ps. I'm absolutely sure I seen something about a limited bike in Motorcycle News last year that was apparently dangerous and got a right good old slagging off.

In a way I can see motorcyclists would hate this but in another car drivers suffer, we've certainly got a piece of road bikes use for "speed testing" and statistically its one of the most dangerous roads to drive in the country because bikers keep falling off and killing themselves happens every summer. Knowing people who ride it and hearing of speeds up to 170mph makes you realise maybe speedlimiters wouldn't be such a bad thing and they'd definitely lower the accident rates. Depends what speed they limited them to 70 would be ridiculous but 110 or so may not be. It'll never happen though

"However, I imagine this will only effect new bikes"

That's not good! Remember how old vehicles used to get tax exemption, then it was changed. People probably said the same thing then, but how many pre 1972 vehicles are left? These rules spoil it for our kids, and it's a very sneaky way of letting the public think they're clever because they've found a loophole. When it's too late in years to come, people begin to realise they've been conned, again! I think the 125cc thing could be a laugh. Imagine all those fat hairy Harley riders wobbling around on mopeds :D:/

Here is the MCN article: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/new...dlimitersshock/

Yeh, I totally agree its like when they introduced helmets in Italy. At first they only made children wear them (who can't vote) then they made everyone wear them. There was no opposition. Its good tactics.

However, if or when they bring this in, its the only way round it because you can't oppose them once they bring the law in unfortunately.

I agree though, they should limit all vehicles to 70mph top end. Its not fair just to limit powerful bikes but I guess life isn't fair eh.

With NO disrespect to the people complaining about speeding bikers there are MORE speeding CARS than bikes and when you get a car in a 40mph zone doing 50mph then the chance of survival is about 0% if your hit head on.

A bike or a Car If your hit head on there will be little difference.

My greivance is WHY limit Bikes to 60MPH (about the average from a 4 stroke 125 other than the Mito) and allow Lotus Porche Lambo bently or any other car manufacturer to make CARS capable of more than the 70MPH speed limit?

The major part of idiots are Young bikers and drivers with balls as big as fists taking crazy chances. The more mature you get the majority is more responsible.

So effectivley limit people under 25 to 800cc to 1000cc cars and a 125cc bike but to cap ALL bikes is a flagrant p*** take :oops:

LG

If you reckon the older you get the more sensible you want to try driving out of London in the evening, mostly middle aged guys riding bikes who seem to be the cause of the rising death statistics. They can afford fast bikes rode bikes in their youth and had a break and have gone back to them

:oops:

It's not the speed that causes most crashes for bikes, it's the "old" guy coming back to biking from when he was younger, as Al4x said, because they can afford it.

They charge up to corners, can't get round them, (when in fact they could most probably very easily do so!), and end up going over a hedge/into a wall/lampost etc.

Limiting bikes is ridiculous, the bloody nanny state is taking away so many freedoms from everyone it makes my blood boil :P

As for the "tax payer" forking out for the ambulance thats a load of cods as well, the victim pays for that, (although I'll agree, not the care afterwards).

Why not ban alcohol, that kills thousands every year !

Of course not - the w****s get a huge amount of tax revenue from it :lol:

I admit to breaking the speed limit on my bike, but only in the nationals and only when I know it's safe to do so. What may look like a dodgy overtake to a car driver could in fact be as safe as houses because of the acceleration fcators, manouverability and size of a bike.

This has been put forward by people who've never been on a bike and haven't a clue how they work.

I suspect there's been a massaging of figures as well because there are so many new people to bikes that the overall accident rate compaired to riders on the road must have dropped.

Rant over.

P.

That's just how the country works, and it's never going to make sense to normal people. A road I drive every day had the speed limit cut from 60 to 50 due to the number of victims of RTAs. The funny bit is, the crash that had the limit changed was 4 JOYRIDERS, doing 90MPH and coming off the road. The mother of the driver thought THEY'D HAVE BEEN OK IF THE LIMIT WAS LOWER?:oops:? WHAT?:P? One less idiot in the world was my opinion. He's not going to hurt anyone else now he's dead so what's the problem? I don't ride a bike, but if a biker wants to ride too fast and crash the chances are he will only kill himself. How is that a problem? All this stuff being done for our own good is a waste of time, if you come off a bike at 70MPH and hit a tree, it's still going to hurt isn't it!

With NO disrespect to the people complaining about speeding bikers there are MORE speeding CARS than bikes and when you get a car in a 40mph zone doing 50mph then the chance of survival is about 0% if your hit head on.

A bike or a Car If your hit head on there will be little difference.

My greivance is WHY limit Bikes to 60MPH (about the average from a 4 stroke 125 other than the Mito) and allow Lotus Porche Lambo bently or any other car manufacturer to make CARS capable of more than the 70MPH speed limit?

The major part of idiots are Young bikers and drivers with balls as big as fists taking crazy chances. The more mature you get the majority is more responsible.

So effectivley limit people under 25 to 800cc to 1000cc cars and a 125cc bike but to cap ALL bikes is a flagrant p*** take :oops:

LG

Isn,t everyones balls as big as fists?

There,s me thinking I was normal!!! :P:lol:

:lol::no::no:

:lol: D2D

:oops:

It's not the speed that causes most crashes for bikes, it's the "old" guy coming back to biking from when he was younger, as Al4x said, because they can afford it.

They charge up to corners, can't get round them, (when in fact they could most probably very easily do so!), and end up going over a hedge/into a wall/lampost etc.

Limiting bikes is ridiculous, the bloody nanny state is taking away so many freedoms from everyone it makes my blood boil :P

As for the "tax payer" forking out for the ambulance thats a load of cods as well, the victim pays for that, (although I'll agree, not the care afterwards).

Why not ban alcohol, that kills thousands every year !

Of course not - the w****s get a huge amount of tax revenue from it :lol:

I admit to breaking the speed limit on my bike, but only in the nationals and only when I know it's safe to do so. What may look like a dodgy overtake to a car driver could in fact be as safe as houses because of the acceleration fcators, manouverability and size of a bike.

This has been put forward by people who've never been on a bike and haven't a clue how they work.

I suspect there's been a massaging of figures as well because there are so many new people to bikes that the overall accident rate compaired to riders on the road must have dropped.

Rant over.

P.

dont be saying that, you just maid my blood run cold BAN ALCOHOL :lol::lol::no:

statistics like 569deaths /6.000injuries could be made up with riders being knocked off by or having to avoid gormless car drivers .speed limiters wont reduce those figures .i beleive if it is introduced it should across the board eg all vehicles

I beleive the guys nickname was Ghost Rider and he is serving time from what i hear for his stunts.

He might be a total loony, but he can ride. Seen all the DVD's - check this one out - incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1Y4kcpm6nM

The video mentions 300km/h and yes the readout hits that - hard to see on this smaller clip but watch the rev counter, it winds on at least another 1k revs in top gear while the display is maxed out - by my reckoning thats got to be upwards of 200mph.

I beleive the guys nickname was Ghost Rider and he is serving time from what i hear for his stunts.

He might be a total loony, but he can ride. Seen all the DVD's - check this one out - incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1Y4kcpm6nM

The video mentions 300km/h and yes the readout hits that - hard to see on this smaller clip but watch the rev counter, it winds on at least another 1k revs in top gear while the display is maxed out - by my reckoning thats got to be upwards of 200mph.

Impressive BUT my pizza was cold when he arrived......