E Cig Bans

Twistedsanity

Passive smoking isn't addiction; until you've actually craved for a fix to the point where it interferes with everything else, then with all respect you have no idea.

I have known countless people whom have died through smoking related diseases, and even some of those craved the very thing that was killing them right to the end, so 'feeling' their addiction doesn't quite cut it I'm afraid.

If your friend REALLY wants to stop smoking then they could try reading The Easy Way to Stop Smoking by Allan Carr. Hundreds of thousands of people have successfully stopped smoked after reading this book, as have many others after vaping, but you still HAVE TO WANT TO stop. There is no miracle cure (although Allan Carrs book felt like it to me) and despite all your good intentions, THEY have to do it.

bang on the money imho! :good:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this is the issue i have.... not one conclusive and impartial study has been done that proves that there are actually harmful toxins in 'vapour' that is given off from E-cigs.

and yet, people believe there is.

yes- lots of studies have been carried out, both for and against, but they are either backed and funded by the tobbacco companies or the vape machine manufacturers (both of which have a vested interest for money reasons)

i have stumbled accross a few tests carried out by healthcare 'officials/proffesionals' but on further digging they always semm to be affiliated to one or the other sides of the fence.

i do firmly believe that a full and impartial study needs to be carried out, but i have a suspicion that this wont happen for a while...

to quash any questions, i smoked for 15 years and switched to vaping just over 3 years ago. this wasnt because i wanted to give up, it was because i enjoyed the art of smoking but didnt want the 1000 chemical a puff stigma that went with it.

my opinion, and that is what it is, is that vaping is a darn sight safer than smoking conventional cigarretes. the health benefits are noticeable almost from the get go.

within a week of switching i could smell again, taste again and after a few weeks my chest cleared. no more coughing for 10 minutes every morning!

my stance on vaping in public is this,

i dont vape in bars or restraunts, i go out with the smokers. its just good manners.

i do however, vape at my desk at work. enclosed office with the window open. my productivity rate would probably drop by about 5% each day should it be banned indoors...

that may not sound like alot but 5% every day for a year makes a hefty dent!

there needs to be a common sense approach by vapers, or they will lose their right to vape, the same way smokers did with smoking.

A sensible post.

I worked in a smoking office in the late 1980s and stank of the stuff every day.

this is the issue i have.... not one conclusive and impartial study has been done that proves that there are actually harmful toxins in 'vapour' that is given off from E-cigs.

and yet, people believe there is.

Until it is proven one way or the other - I don't want anyone taking a risk with my health. It isn't theirs to do with as they please.

http://www.ucanquit2.org/HowToQuit/ResourceLibrary/ElectronicCigarettes/WhatsTheHarminVapor.aspx

http://www.webmd.com/smoking-cessation/features/electronic-cigarettes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-31146418

The issue that I have is that some people still believe they are harmless.

Until it is proven one way or the other - I don't want anyone taking a risk with my health. It isn't theirs to do with as they please.

http://www.ucanquit2.org/HowToQuit/ResourceLibrary/ElectronicCigarettes/WhatsTheHarminVapor.aspx

http://www.webmd.com/smoking-cessation/features/electronic-cigarettes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-31146418

The issue that I have is that some people still believe they are harmless.

the links you have provided are typical of the people writing them, non conclusive at best.

but,

you do have a right to not have it 'blown in your face', so to speak.

im sure there are as many people that belive they are harmful as those that belive that they are harmelss.

once again, it down to the manners of the user, as i stated at the end of my previous post. i certainly wouldnt knowlingly blow the 'toxins' in your direction....

We don't shoot under others noses.....

There us no evidence vaping is harmful for even the user let alone a passive 'smoker'. So it doesn't affect you in any way. Yet you own a firearm where there is a huge potential risk to others in your hobby.

So sure ban vaping, then hand in your fac. Unless your a massive hypocrite that is? I suspect you are. Like others here.

Edited by srspower

I am amazed how many people here have the attitude 'i don't like it so ban it' yet are shooters! Hugely hypocritical. If you don't support the liberty of others then you should hand in your fac as you don't deserve liberty either ...

Whats even more hypocritical is the idiotic weak willed ***** who have their meal, smoke / vapour free, then start their impression of an Arbroath kipper house whilst you have yours, if you want to vape (even the name is stupid) clear off outside its easy enough and funnily it has a name its called consideration.

KW

I disagree strongly with anyone claiming there is a toxic element to vaping clouds as even the BMA and Cambridge Uni Tobacco study group (yes that really exists) could find absolutely no evidence of anything toxic in the water vapour cloud

I whole heartedly agree with not vaping in restaurants etc where smoking is not permitted as it can be seen as highly antisocial, I will make passing mention to the other antisocial things i don't like including rowdy drunks and feral kids but lets fight one battle at a time.

I am an ex smoker who currently enjoys his vaping a lot!!

Not indoors in public places please. If you want to vape, smoke or otherwise pollute the air you breath that's fine, but don't foist it onto others. That is unless your perfectly happy for me to keep cracking one out of my back end whilst I stand closely next to you.

Same deal.

Not indoors in public places please. If you want to vape, smoke or otherwise pollute the air you breath that's fine, but don't foist it onto others. That is unless your perfectly happy for me to keep cracking one out of my back end whilst I stand closely next to you.

Same deal.

Couldn,t agree more think these are as bad a habit as smoking especially given the habits of the ******** who stand in the entrances to places bowing all their **** into your face as you go in!!

I know its an addiction as my Father tried to give up for 5yrs and I helped him as much as I could as I wanted him to give it up more than he did. He failed but at least he tried. By ignorant, I mean don't care or bothered where they smoke or light up or where it is or who is there or affected. I also think 25yrs of serious passive smoking in the house I was brought up in doesn't mean I've never smoked. I cant stand in that persons shoes and actually feel their addiction but I think I'm in a position to judge as in my family there have been 3 heroin addicts and a few alcoholics and unfortunately I could see what they couldn't.

I work every day with a very good friend of mine who I'm helping to quit cigarettes but he is smoking e-cigs inside at his desk and then going outside for a real cigarette:

Has anybody any suggestions?

tell him he is a weak willed idiot and send him to the nearest morgue to see what smoking does

that will stop him

Passive smoking isn't addiction; until you've actually craved for a fix to the point where it interferes with everything else, then with all respect you have no idea.

I have known countless people whom have died through smoking related diseases, and even some of those craved the very thing that was killing them right to the end, so 'feeling' their addiction doesn't quite cut it I'm afraid.

If your friend REALLY wants to stop smoking then they could try reading The Easy Way to Stop Smoking by Allan Carr. Hundreds of thousands of people have successfully stopped smoked after reading this book, as have many others after vaping, but you still HAVE TO WANT TO stop. There is no miracle cure (although Allan Carrs book felt like it to me) and despite all your good intentions, THEY have to do it.

I didn't say passive smoking was addictive. Years ago they suggested that it was worse than smoking but who knows. I've seen serious craving with 3 cousins who were Heroin addicts that craved it right to the end.

I agree with what you say that they actually have to want to stop themselves or they probably wont. I've passed your book on and I hope it does him some good. Back to the original question I believe it should be the same restrictions as cigarettes

I didn't say passive smoking was addictive. Years ago they suggested that it was worse than smoking but who knows. I've seen serious craving with 3 cousins who were Heroin addicts that craved it right to the end.

I agree with what you say that they actually have to want to stop themselves or they probably wont. I've passed your book on and I hope it does him some good. Back to the original question I believe it should be the same restrictions as cigarettes

nope no point in putting restrictions on em or trying to ban them people can make their own juices and buy the refilable devices from overseas so how could you enforce it. apart from that any changes are not going to be for health reasons but to raise revenue for the government and tobacco companies. sod em

Edited by overandunder2012

Bloody stupid, smokers pay more tax than any other individual in the country so why if you are trying to give up should you be taxed on vaping. If they banned smoking full stop then there would be a bloody big hole to fill tax wise, hence the reason it will never happen, government are on a nice little earner. This really is nothing to do with vaping being better for you its all about the stigma that's attached to smoking full stop. Nobody likes to see people puffing out smoke even though it's just vaporised water. It's ironic really that the same people complaining are more than likely driving around vehicles emitting God knows what chemicals and causing air pollution but because you can't actually see it then no one really cares. As for pubs and restaurants who cares, if the licensee permits it then that's fine by me, if you don't like it you know where the door is, leave and go somewhere were they don't allow it. The whole situation is a joke, of course smoking is bad for you as is drinking and being obese to name a few but they don't seem to get the abuse that smokers seem to suffer.

Bloody stupid, smokers pay more tax than any other individual in the country so why if you are trying to give up should you be taxed on vaping. If they banned smoking full stop then there would be a bloody big hole to fill tax wise, hence the reason it will never happen, government are on a nice little earner. This really is nothing to do with vaping being better for you its all about the stigma that's attached to smoking full stop. Nobody likes to see people puffing out smoke even though it's just vaporised water. It's ironic really that the same people complaining are more than likely driving around vehicles emitting God knows what chemicals and causing air pollution but because you can't actually see it then no one really cares. As for pubs and restaurants who cares, if the licensee permits it then that's fine by me, if you don't like it you know where the door is, leave and go somewhere were they don't allow it. The whole situation is a joke, of course smoking is bad for you as is drinking and being obese to name a few but they don't seem to get the abuse that smokers seem to suffer.

All but one of the ingredients (that I know of) for vaping can be purchased on line or from High Street Stores, the odd one, nicotine, can be bought on line. All, but one, nicotine, are used in food, medicines and cosmetics, and I am told nicotine is being used for dementia, Parkinsons, alzheimers etc. If they ban or tax the ingredients there's an awfull lot of price rises on the way for every one.

I cant get excited about it, much more important things in the world to get excited about..... LIke vehicle air pollution!

I dont drive and all you ******* are ruining my air, giving my kids lung disease and contributiig to global warming.

Driving should be banned in public places and tax on anything car ish should be doubled...atleast!