how do i sort this out

viking

Epoxy resin,

To do a proper job drill a hole in the middle of both peices and resin in a bit of 5mm bar, and then use resin on the joint

I'm sure someone will be along to tell you the ins and outs of a cats arisj hole on how they would do it better though lol,

Or just buy a new one?

Atb

Flynny

Edited by flynny

I would drill a hole in either side and glue in a Dowel rod or Steel rod to give it strength. I like to use fast Araldite for the glue and clamp it together and leave for 24hrs. I'm not up on glues and there could be a lot better out there especially for stone. I would price a new one first incase the glue is more expensive.

I would drill a hole in either side and glue in a Dowel rod or Steel rod to give it strength. I like to use fast Araldite for the glue and clamp it together and leave for 24hrs. I'm not up on glues and there could be a lot better out there especially for stone. I would price a new one first incase the glue is more expensive.

As above. Drill holes in both sides, Use Araldite to set rod in the holes, and then more Araldite to glue the two pieces together.

All good advice above, but I reckon that your biggest problem will be in establishing an accurate centre for both halves.

I would drill one hole tight for the dowel size and the other maybe 2mm wider to allow some lining up wiggle room, taking up the slack with the araldite.

It's the pestle that you are repairing.

All good advice above, but I reckon that your biggest problem will be in establishing an accurate centre for both halves.

I would drill one hole tight for the dowel size and the other maybe 2mm wider to allow some lining up wiggle room, taking up the slack with the araldite.

+1

Thats what i was thinking.

Try drilling, but I doubt you will get it accurate enough to be spot on. A bit out will look awful, if it's out don't use a rod, but still fill the holes with resin when it all hardens the resin will act like a rod.

Edited by tonker

Couldn't of said it better myself.

A wise man speaks because he has something to say.

A foolish man speaks because he has to say something.

This, or get another like your landrover that doesn't belong to you.

No worries if it breaks then :lol:

Use a thin covering of Gorilla Glue and wrap with electrical tape - this way it's air-tight and can't expand. Wet one side before attaching and leave for 24 hours. Did this on a broken 4ft marble column on Monday and it it's held strong. You can colour it in, too.