WATCH your backs

Topgunners

Well, as you can ALL see.

I have let this topic run for a couple of days now and the culprits have not been on to defend or apologize for their actions.

So, be it. THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE, and if they choose to remain GUTLESS that is their prerogative.

As you all know we have been on this forum for a long time now and have done many favours to members of this forum from here and overseas and also assisted many members with our advice and knowledge on pest control, shooting, tactics and the like.

We must be active as often as possible, and ALWAYS are.

We put in many hours and miles and ££££££££££££'s EVERY week of the year to pursue our job, sport, whatever you wish to call it. We don't just shoot weekends but are also about through the week and at night also.

What we loathe are the "glory hunters" who mooch about only when the drilling and combining is being carried out by the farmers and then you don't see them through the wet,cold,icy months of the year.

NOW once bitten, we will be DEFINITELY twice shy.

Dave K

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as you can ALL see.

I have let this topic run for a couple of days now and the culprits have not been on to defend or apologize for their actions.

So, be it. THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE, and if they choose to remain GUTLESS that is their prerogative.

As you all know we have been on this forum for a long time now and have done many favours to members of this forum from here and overseas and also assisted many members with our advice and knowledge on pest control, shooting, tactics and the like.

We must be active as often as possible, and ALWAYS are.

We put in many hours and miles and ££££££££££££'s EVERY week of the year to pursue our job, sport, whatever you wish to call it. We don't just shoot weekends but are also about through the week and at night also.

What we loathe are the "glory hunters" who mooch about only when the drilling and combining is being carried out by the farmers and then you don't see them through the wet,cold,icy months of the year.

NOW once bitten, we will be DEFINITELY twice shy.

Dave K

there's not many lads on here from cov, Dave best name them before you give the rest of us a **** name :rolleyes:

Just read through this and can sympathise to some extent as I have had the same thing done to me. I agree that the farmer can give shooting to anyone who turns up on a regular basis to shoot and if he chooses to give your little shoot to another “Gunâ€, then you can’t complain because you don’t own anything.

However! If you take someone under your wing, or perhaps show a friend your little bit of paradise, and then find that they are worming their way into the farmers good-books so that they can steal your shoot………that is unforgivable.

The trouble is it will now spoil things for any newbie shooter who wants to learn the ropes, because many of us will now be very reluctant to take anyone out with us in case they are the people mentioned, and who then poach the shoot behind our backs. :good:

G.M.

The reason I have submitted this post is because I had a tear up this week with a Father & son team who shoot some of the ground I shoot. Cos they only shoot one day at the weekend every other week and I am in attendance 2 & 3 times a week they seemed to think I was spoiling their shooting. They were foolish enough to make this statement to the farm manager, who in return replied-

'What you think the control of pigeons on this land is here for you exclusively? I tell you what, I'll make you right- if I dont see you at least one day during the week as well as the one day at the weekend you're not coming at all- and thats fact- Oh and thats starting this week like it or not.

Be careful fella's, remember you only have exclusive rights if you own the land you shoot on!

Regards Starlight32

It's a very good point you make .

There is still a need for conduct like a Gentleman which is Topgunners point has these fella's are,nt strangers .

No doubt he'll Pm certain folks informing them on who the culprits are .......Would'nt mind knowing myself :good:

I share my shoot with some other guys, and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. That said if I was to shoot on someone elses permission as a guest, I wouldn't turn up on my own the next day and try to get it for myself. Having another shooter you get on with to share your permission is a good thing, it halves the chances of you not being around when the birds are doing the damage and the farmer stays happy. It's pretty rude that this guy went behind your back to shoot though, he could have asked if he could shoot with you and got the same result in a more polite manner.

The farmer has the right to let who he wants on his land , BUT it is not pigeon shooters etiquette to step on a fellow shooters toes and go behind his back and contact the farmer himself. Yes it has happened to me and i know how Topgunners feels , very disappointed.

:good: I have had the same thing happen to me,some one i used to take and got him a shotgun on my ticket and helped him get his sgc went and got permission off the farmer him self, and now takes others along with him on MY permision as i have stated times before on here bewear who you take with you, so if i think its the same people as in your photo TOPGUNNER then i am afraid i have no simpathy but there again i would not do it myself as ALL THE PERMISSION I SHOOT IS MINE and i have shot it for 5years plus

The Dirty B**tard :good: , Was it someone from PigeonWatch???

:good: Dont know but TOPGUNNERS( photo-aviator) the person on the left looks like the same person i used to take, he also had a black & white spannel called BOW a black lab called bracken and ripped an 83year old farmer off for £20 for dog food he was surposed to get for him

You clearly haven't seen that pic up close Winchester.

LB

Dave your gonna to have to sort something out mate no one is talking to us Coventry folk its like we are in exile :lol:

What? Like SENT TO COVENTRY? :)

As a matter of interest where do you send people FROM Coventry? :lol::lol:

Dave your gonna to have to sort something out mate no one is talking to us Coventry folk its like we are in exile :(

What? Like SENT TO COVENTRY? :)

As a matter of interest where do you send people FROM Coventry? :lol::lol:

to a lovely little place called wood end people are cuing up to get in there EVEN THE POLICE :lol:

WELL, as I have just got back from my holiday I went out yesterday and whilst sitting watching some pigeons flying over the fields a man approached me with 2 springers and started to read me the riot act as he seemed to be the local cleaner-upper? /shoooter.

and related to me that over 78 pigeons had been dumped in the ditch by the lazy shooters in question and the land owner and the local council and Police Department have been informed.

So I am now going out today to have a word with the farmer's in question and tell them what has happened and to apologise.

And we hope the two mis-fits are really proud of their ****HOLE actions

^&^(^%%^^%O^^&^^&^&%$£$$$U((*((*)()(

:lol::angry::angry:

Dave K

sorry to hear that dave :lol:

but on the bright side i don't think they will be shooting your land for much longer?

also farmers spread the word around quite quick so they could lose all they have .

just clear your own name the rest will fall into place :angry:

Give them enough rope to hang themselves,doesn't sound like you have got to wait long for them to be hung.I had a similar problem just make it clear to the farmer it wasn't you,he will work it out for himself who is to blame :stupid:

WELL, as I have just got back from my holiday I went out yesterday and whilst sitting watching some pigeons flying over the fields a man approached me with 2 springers and started to read me the riot act as he seemed to be the local cleaner-upper? /shoooter.

and related to me that over 78 pigeons had been dumped in the ditch by the lazy shooters in question and the land owner and the local council and Police Department have been informed.

So I am now going out today to have a word with the farmer's in question and tell them what has happened and to apologise.

:stupid::blush::good:

Dave K

Did he really stand there and count out 78 pigeon carcasses, methinks there may be more to his involvement in this?

I personally sometimes leave the slain to charlie and come back later :yp: , well out of anyones sight though.

:oops: D2D

:stupid::blush::good:

Dave K

All the more reason to name & shame them now.

BJ.

:blush::good::oops:

Dave K

All the more reason to name & shame them now.

:stupid: go for it don`t be shy :yp:

:blush: Dave k if the PW MEMBER has done this you think he/she would have the guts to admit it ,if not NAME THEM YOURSELF as i think this has gone far enough now and its makeing us all look like school kids haveing a squable in the play ground :stupid:

If anyone wants to know who it is suspected the individual(s) involved is/are, then contact Topgunners.

Most people are only interested for salacious reasons and would have no knowledge of the individual(s) if named.