Weather Report

Whitebridges

It's a bit toasty over in Iran at the moment, 72c. Baghdad has declared a four-day “heat holiday”.

I can't imaging anything like that can you? Anyone experienced such a temperature?

I can recall about 38c in the Nevada desert and that was plenty warm enough thank you.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/08/03/searing-164-degree-temps-in-iran-as-heat-dome-traps-middle-east/

Edited by Whitebridges

I was in Marmaris in Turkey a few years back when it reached 50c , people were walking onto the beach , then running off again screaming as the sand got into their shoes :lol:

Sister in law has some houses out there and has been there a few times when its been 50+ but 72 that must be enough to melt the soles of your shoes !

I was in Marmaris in Turkey a few years back when it reached 50c , people were walking onto the beach , then running off again screaming as the sand got into their shoes :lol:

Sister in law has some houses out there and has been there a few times when its been 50+ but 72 that must be enough to melt the soles of your shoes !

That just reminded me of when I was in Icmeler, not far from Marmaris. It must have been the same time, as the sand was scorching, and the tarmac on the roads was melting. There was a shortage of cold drinks in the local bars, and we all suffered for a few days until the temperature dropped back to around 35c

Never heard of heat index before. Sorry.

A little bit of homework revealed this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_index

So 164 seems to be off the charts. Maybe there is some sort of equivalent Centigrade / Fahrenheit conversion?

The calculus further down from the tables looks a bit um interesting. :ermm:

Edited by Whitebridges

It's a bit toasty over in Iran at the moment, 72c. Baghdad has declared a four-day “heat holiday”.

I can't imaging anything like that can you? Anyone experienced such a temperature?

I can recall about 38c in the Nevada desert and that was plenty warm enough thank you.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/08/03/searing-164-degree-temps-in-iran-as-heat-dome-traps-middle-east/

Fox News :rolleyes: reading the comments it's clear they're catering to a fairly low iq audience. Iran is a vast country with the central desert parts almost unpopulated, major cities close to the Persian Gulf do experience very hot climate but it's a dry heat so doesn't necessarily make you break out in a sweat instantly, plus people avoid the sun and mid day heat and everywhere is air conditioned, offices, homes, shops, etc.

The same news agency would of course hesitate to run an article about the near dozen ski resorts in the same country. :yes:

Fox News :rolleyes: reading the comments it's clear they're catering to a fairly low iq audience. Iran is a vast country with the central desert parts almost unpopulated, major cities close to the Persian Gulf do experience very hot climate but it's a dry heat so doesn't necessarily make you break out in a sweat instantly, plus people avoid the sun and mid day heat and everywhere is air conditioned, offices, homes, shops, etc.

The same news agency would of course hesitate to run an article about the near dozen ski resorts in the same country. :yes:

Thank you Hamster. IQ ? Last time I was done i can't remember the score. It was up there though.

I am aware that Fox news is the Daily Mail equivalent. So the heat is what the temperature is out there. Or are you a political points scorer?

Edited by Whitebridges

the comments are best ignored, the OP is about if anyone has experience of this temp,

Thank you Hamster. IQ ? Last time I was done i can't remember the score. It was up there though.

I am aware that Fox news is the Daily Mail equivalent. So the heat is what the temperature is out there. Or are you a political points scorer?

I do once recall walking out into the street and feeling as though someone had switched on a giant hair dryer :yes: but it isn't exhausting like the humid weather you get by the Caspian holiday region where despite often being much cooler, you feel like doing nothing all day. I do love a bit of point scoring :) some of the chit you read and hear ranges from funny to diabolically misinformed.

According to my sister who lived in the Emirates for more than 20 years mostly Dubai), it officially never reaches 50 C. Reason being, if it does a heat holiday has to be declared and the 'official' temperature is the deciding factor. She told me that their personal thermometers were reading close to 60 but officially it was only 46C

According to my sister who lived in the Emirates for more than 20 years mostly Dubai), it officially never reaches 50 C. Reason being, if it does a heat holiday has to be declared and the 'official' temperature is the deciding factor. She told me that their personal thermometers were reading close to 60 but officially it was only 46C

+1

I was just about to say that !

In Dharan the offical temp was always 49.8 C but we had 60 C thermometers explode

Being close to the sea the humidity was usually high as well which didn't help .