land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i tried it on there but it was asking for supplier details, not sure if im the supplier as i own the vehicle, or whether its the bloke i bought it off, of if its the bloke in guernsey or the shipping company, so thought it best fill in the form and write a letter explaining whats happened.might take a bit longer but its for the best,

with regards to the possible fine for not registering it with nova, would that not fall at the feet of the guy who imported it?? or am i just begging :lol::lol:

well, filled forms in and sent them off just over a week ago now, so hoping for a reply some time soon, please let there be no mention of a fine :no::no:

and as iv not really been in the garage for 3-4 weeks, tomorrow sees the return for the big finish, not much to do now :good::good::good:

BOOOOOOOOOOM.

vat paid, and no fine :yahoo: :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I bet that coming through the letter box was as good as your gun licence hitting the door mat ...........................well done on the refurb I really did enjoy following it and must admit I was a little on tender hooks waiting to see the outcome of the registration process

now get it registered and go enjoy all your hard work :yes::yes::good::good:

As I only dip into this every now and then where did the truck come from then if its not being nosy.

i bought it off a bloke from Southampton,and it was him who imported it from Guernsey, he bought it to do up himself but soon realised it was going to be to much work, (amateur) :lol::lol:

what now................... :hmm:

my life has come to an end................i be bereft............ :sad1:

its not over just yet ditchie,

I love this thread.....so much attention to detail for the little things, many of which no one else will ever see.

I've just bought my fourth Defender, and though I love it as I finally have little luxuries like central locking, AC etc....I still hanker after a series.

Me too. :good: Looking forward to the sale :lol:

I love this thread.....so much attention to detail for the little things, many of which no one else will ever see.

I've just bought my fourth Defender, and though I love it as I finally have little luxuries like central locking, AC etc....I still hanker after a series.

im of the thought, if a jobs worth doing, its worth doing right :good::good:

Me too. :good: Looking forward to the sale :lol:

so am i :good::good:

just been looking at my front carpet set and realised how **** it is, nothing seems to fit as it should and if i start cutting it to fit then it will lose its nice edge and i wouldnt be able to send it back, it was only £70 from paddocks so i shouldnt of expected much really, i did originally look into one of theses one piece rubber jobs but they were £500 so didnt bother, but looking at the bit that i have that came out of it it should be like a big thick rubber thing, so just been having a search and came up with this,and as its from exmoor it should be ok and its not that expensive,

http://www.exmoortrim.co.uk/our-models/series-iii-40/series-iii-1971-to-1985/floor-matting-floor-covering/original-style-hardura/right-hand.html

I may have some thin 'exhibition carpet' left over from a conference that may well be the same colour (or not far off) as the grey fleck one. Its thin enough to work with a pair of scissors but ideally needs to be stuck direct.

I probably have enough for you to cover the entire inside including the back! its not too heavy and creases tend to flatten out so should post ok.

If you PM me your number i can send you a picture over.

Edited by ph5172

I may have some thin 'exhibition carpet' left over from a conference that may well be the same colour (or not far off) as the grey fleck one. Its thin enough to work with a pair of scissors but ideally needs to be stuck direct.

I probably have enough for you to cover the entire inside including the back! its not too heavy and creases tend to flatten out so should post ok.

Cracking Offer.

Blimey half of PW must have shares in that Land Rover :lol:

a very kind offer indeed mate, but the back is all done and iv just ordered the rubber set for the front, but thanks for the offer :good::good:

Cracking Offer.

Blimey half of PW must have shares in that Land Rover :lol:

they have indeed, :lol::lol:

well my new hardura kit came today, it looks very good, on a quick inspection it looks like im going to have to take the sound proofing off that i have put on otherwise this new stuff wont fit, and cant really be trimmed to fit as it all has finished edges, but will maybe attack that on wednesday when my mate comes, two heads are better than one so they say :good::good: its all there apart from where the mats should go, but they sell some really good ones at exmoor for £40

post-9513-0-38419100-1496667650_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-78205900-1496667658_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-02575300-1496667730_thumb.jpg