Dreamliner Aircraft

steve_b_wales

I've booked a holiday for next year, flying in the above aircraft. We'll be travelling in 'cattle class', as premium class was unavailable, even if we wanted to pay the extra £400 (approx) each!

We would like a seat/s by the window, so this would be A/B or H/J, and don't want to sit 'on the wing'. We have paid to choose our seat numbers, although this cannot be done until December 30th this year. We are not fussed on sitting in the middle isle. Has anyone flown on this aircraft, and if so, could they recommend a particular seat number?

Thanks. :good:

Window seats just in front of the wing, no engine noise and less rotation than the other seats.

I know this from my fear of flying course!

Looking at the seating layout, it starts at row 10 for economy, but these are on the front edge of the wing, and then from row 11-26, these are actually on the wing. Only from row 30 back, is off the wing.

Any !!!!. It is a beautiful aircraft, the best engineering money can buy. Sit anywhere and enjoy the whole experience. I build a major component of that aircraft, if the buyer has specified our parts, but it is a fantastic thing.

I am looking forward to it, to be honest. Most of my flying has been in Boeing 737's or similar, apart from when I flew to Doha which was on a huge aircraft.

I am looking at booking a holiday and the flight is on a Dreamliner, I have been lucky enough to upgrade on a few flights to Premium and I find it is worth every penny. As the Dreamliner is meant to be so good in economy is it worth the price of an upgrade which I have be offered at about £220 per seat?

I am looking at booking a holiday and the flight is on a Dreamliner, I have been lucky enough to upgrade on a few flights to Premium and I find it is worth every penny. As the Dreamliner is meant to be so good in economy is it worth the price of an upgrade which I have be offered at about £220 per seat?

I spoke to a Thomson rep' earlier, and she told me that in her opinion, the extra cost for a premium seat, which gives you extra leg room, and a better meal, is not worth paying for. And she has travelled in both.

I spoke to a Thomson rep' earlier, and she told me that in her opinion, the extra cost for a premium seat, which gives you extra leg room, and a better meal, is not worth paying for. And she has travelled in both.

Thats interesting, I normally upgrade for a few reasons. I do like the bigger more reclining seat but the quicker check in, separate security entrance, boarding first, getting off the plane first can get you to the front of the customs line is all part of it as well as the pre flight drink and proper knife and fork.

i do not know the seating plan steve but i have flown malaysian airlines dreamliner (dont laugh i didnt get lost or shot down) quite a few times and found the plane good with plenty of leg room not worth upgrading in my opinion

Malaysia airlines don't have the 787.

i do not know the seating plan steve but i have flown malaysian airlines dreamliner (dont laugh i didnt get lost or shot down) quite a few times and found the plane good with plenty of leg room not worth upgrading in my opinion

Thanks. The seating plan is: Premium 1-7, Economy 10 -39. Premium have 2-3-2 seats, Economy have 3-3-3.

best seats in the house are the two at the front

ahhhh those were the days when you could ask for your kids to be taken up to the cockpit and see how it all works both my children have been up front with me in tow in the past just a shame it has all gone to the dogs

i would get arrested at just the words i would like to get in the cockpit please now

I have used Qatar Airways Dreamliner several times. Lovely aircraft to fly in, very quiet and reasonable room in cattle class although not as good as you might expect for such a large aircraft. I was a bit disappointed in the exit row seats as felt they were very narrow, although clearly extra leg room is a bonus if you are 6ft 2" like me! Business class is amazing in the Dreamliner (well it is with Qatar) if you can get that for 450 return snap it up as its worth that on a decent length route.

I always avoid the centre section and if possible I always choose an isle seat. Not sure of any of this help you? Enjoy and keep your fingers crossed they have resolved the long standing battery issue lol ;-)

Oh and the Dreamliner seems like a toy next to the 380 ;-)

We flew on a Thomson Dreamliner in the premium cabin when we went out to Orlando on our familymoon.

I have got to say that I was dreading the journey with 2 young children but turned out to be an excellent experience. I always choose window seats and we had basically taken up the left hand side window aisle with the family. The seats were like sitting in executive recliners and there was loads of leg room. The cabin felt light and airy with the electronic windows a revelation, no more pulling blinds down and it gave the children something to do.......apart from the excellent entertainment system. We had our upgrade really cheap and IMO was worth it, food was excellent and the staff treated you like you actually mattered.

The mood lighting is really helpful to the body clock and my 2 children fell asleep easily giving some much needed respite to us. The pressurization system is also much improved, I had no problems with my ears and usually suffer a bit.

The aircraft is quiet in flight and seemed smooth in the air + plenty of power on take off.

Thumbs up from me.

Edited by Livefast123

Update: I contacted Thomson regarding upgrading my booking to Premium, and was told that there was a 'bar' placed on the system, owing to an upgrade system going on.They also said that it's a possibility that we will not be able to have a Premium seat, because owing to the problems with Tunisia, it's caused a backlog with their current system. We will be notified asap should a premium place be available. At the very least, we have paid to choose our seats in Economy.

The Dreamliner fly's with a pair of rolls Royce Trent 1000 engines, or the equivalent **** and Witney,and The a380 flys on 4 rolls Royce Trent 900 engines. Both the 900 and 1000 are the pinnacle of large civil engines. These British built, and designed, engines are the most fuel efficient aircraft engines in the world. British engineering at its very best. Something to be proud of.