Speeding ticket-----Speed awareness course.....

Dekers

I thought you didnt have to declare a fixed penalty notice, only if it went to court?

You have to declare ANY and ALL convictions, no matter how minor or how old. My last speeding ticket was in 1973 and yet I still have to declare it

I had a friend lost his FAC for parking tickets. The fact was he had over 100 of them, and they not only took his FAC away, but his driving licence too and he had to resit his exam which was also extended.

Having so many clearly showed a "lack of respect for the law" was the reason given on both

Edited by Redditch

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get the ones I have. £20.00 off ebay, just takes a mini SD card. No speed or other data, just date and film :) if they crash that's all you need, stops YOU getting in the ****, and maybe get you out of some ****

I have one fitted front AND rear (after a woman reversed across the road onto my side of the road into me, then she drive back across the road, parked and claimed I had reversed into her. Took a court case before she finally admitted it)

Which one? Do you have an eBay number I can look at. I think they're a good idea if they don't end up being the instruments by which one blows ones own feet off

You have to declare ANY and ALL convictions, no matter how minor or how old. My last speeding ticket was in 1973 and yet I still have to declare it

I had a friend lost his FAC for parking tickets. The fact was he had over 100 of them, and they not only took his FAC away, but his driving licence too and he had to resit his exam which was also extended.

Having so many clearly showed a "lack of respect for the law" was the reason given on both

The licence application form clearly states fixed penalty notices do not have to be declared.

Which one? Do you have an eBay number I can look at. I think they're a good idea if they don't end up being the instruments by which one blows ones own feet off

The ones I have don't appear to be listed anymore, but similar are available from about £15.00 to around £40.00

The nearest I could find to what I have was one about £17.00

Just out Dash Cam into the ebay search bar, and then ensure it lists cheapest including p&p first.

That way you are almost sure it doesn't have speed and gps.

Also you WILL need to order a separate mini DVD (most take 32gb max) as those aren't in the deal :)

This is the nearest to mine eBay item number:301042725960

Edited by Redditch

The licence application form clearly states fixed penalty notices do not have to be declared.

Hmm, maybe because he lost his driving licence as a result of the parking offences, as he lost his FAC after that.

I know it was stated that he had displayed a total disregard for the law, and hence was unsuitable to hold a licence.

And that was given as the reason for taking his driving licence as well as his FAC

Just so you are aware, some of the money raised from speed awareness courses goes towards funding more cameras.......you may also need to tell your insurance company come renewal time.

We don't have any cameras in Northamptonshire, well we do but they don't work.

Often wonder which is the safer-a driver staring at the road doing 35mph or a driver staring at his speedo making sure he stays below 30?

:yes::lol::good:

On a similar note, a pal had a Saab restricted to 155mph, he was speaking to the dealer and said he couldn't get the speedo to quite register 155, the dealer reply, "at that sort of speed you should be looking out the windscreen not at the speedo"

:good:

I got pulled today by an unmarked car, 63 in a 50 (4 lane dual carriageway with full central reservation, nobody else around, yes I know that's no excuse but the law is sometimes quite an ***!)

So I'm now waiting to find out if it's to be a fixed penalty or whether I'll get a reprieve and be offered the course.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone, I've got the course and my fee is £95, looks like a 4 hour course.

I'm booked in already, and I have a feeling I'm going to have to do a lot of lip biting during the 4 hours!

:good:

Yes, but mostly from the other attendees who will amaze you with their total lack of knowledge about anything motoring related. there were 22 of us on my course and 8 didn't know the speed limit for a car on a motorway. . :mellow:

There was one guy n my course who had a major issue with lorrys and tractors not pulling over and letting traffic go past. The instructors were calm and told him the majority do where possible but he kept getting worked up and F-in and blindin. They actually kicked him out because he was acting like a knob.

Yes, but mostly from the other attendees who will amaze you with their total lack of knowledge about anything motoring related. there were 22 of us on my course and 8 didn't know the speed limit for a car on a motorway. . :mellow:

It's actually quite scary the number of people not aware of the speed limit. Part of the ring road here in Leeds has two lanes going downhill and one uphill. Those of you who know Leeds, it's between Rodley and Owlcoates roundabout.

As I was coming down the hill, a lady braked to 40 every time she came to a speed camera. This was despite the white circle with a black diagonal line signifying the national speed limit showing every so often.

When I overtook are still going under 60, she flashed her lights and gesticulated at me, pointing to the camera.

Mate of mine, a maxillofacial surgeon, had to go on a speed awareness course. He left Theatre, after repairing a major facial fracture, only just got to the course in time and was immediately quizzed by the course presenter, something along the lines of " Have you ever seen what an accident can do to the human face?"

He decided that " er...yeah, it's what I do for a living!" would either sound facetious, and prejudice his case, or else would warrant an even bigger lecture. He did his best to seem suitably penitent and kept schtum!

There was one guy n my course who had a major issue with lorrys and tractors not pulling over and letting traffic go past. The instructors were calm and told him the majority do where possible but he kept getting worked up and F-in and blindin. They actually kicked him out because he was acting like a knob.

And hopefully reported for not completing the course and getting his 3 points,

We all speed at some point,

If you get caught and go on the course then just accept it, do as your told and complete it.

If your going to act like a knob and act up then why go on the course in the first place

:shaun:

There is ABSOLUTELY NO patronising... no humble pie... no making you feel like a naughty school boy having his wrist slapped...

Everyone on my course arrived expecting just that and soon realised that isn't what it's about at all... It is a bit like the current theory exam... on steroids... hazard awareness and the effect a small increase in speed can affect the outcome of such hazards... It also covers some sections of the highway code and I'm not ashamed to admit... I thought I knew it all..... I really didn't!!!

I learned quite a lot, it was incredibly informative, if a little boring at times, and my take on it after it was all done and dusted was that EVERY driver should have to do one every 10 years or so... you just don't realise how much you forget!!!!