Wildfowling season 2015-2016

silver pigeon 3

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best posts of the current season up to now , both you and anser2 make us feel we are there with you :good: ., as for leaving a blonde in bed at that unearthly hour of the morning must have took some doing , and all I hope she was still there when you got home :lol:

Also a big well done to all the chaps who made the time and effort to take Paul out on two successful flights on the Wash .

Well done Penelope - Must have been hard staying awake for all those miles...

Reading this at midnight + 30 having just got back from depositing The Memsahib at the local hospital for a stay of a few days. No fowling for me at the moment but it is nice to read of others banging away in my old stomping grounds. Keeps a bloke sane when he is housebound.

My best wishes to you and your good wife.

Well done Penelope - Must have been hard staying awake for all those miles...

Reading this at midnight + 30 having just got back from depositing The Memsahib at the local hospital for a stay of a few days. No fowling for me at the moment but it is nice to read of others banging away in my old stomping grounds. Keeps a bloke sane when he is housebound.

Well it was certainly breezy this morning , things we perhaps slower than expected but I managed foreshore ducks number 42 and 43 with a pair of mallard , I have not shot many mallard this season so they were most welcome.

Back out tonight to see what the evening flight brings.

IMAG0390_zps61ojtvhm.jpg

Well it was certainly breezy this morning , things we perhaps slower than expected but I managed foreshore ducks number 42 and 43 with a pair of mallard , I have not shot many mallard this season so they were most welcome.

Back out tonight to see what the evening flight brings.

<script pagespeed_no_defer="" type="text/javascript">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=1bd9a1c6dc0054d5652b42cbd5010a74&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=319833&p=2949739&md5check=c18dffd3721436ceee47a4f3d5852ccf&isRte=1,B6nXayd9mu,true,false,iaApTsT3L_E');//]]></script> IMAG0390_zps61ojtvhm.jpg&&0

Your gun fenboy look in showroom condition , how on earth do you keep it that clean ? Poor old Big Mats gun isn't as clean as yours as he dropped his in the mud just as a bunch of duck went over him :no: Can you lend him yours ? :lol:

A nice pair of duck there in full condition , I tell yer , you boys up North live well , having said that , one of my jobs tomorrow is to dress a Mallard out for tea , one of a pair of Drakes I got last week. I went last night and despite it being a bit on the rough side I never had a shot and only saw a few duck , the only bit of luck I had was it stopped raining just as I parked my motor going down the marsh and started raining hard again a couple of minutes after I got back , so although I went home with a empty bag at least I kept dry .

Your gun fenboy look in showroom condition , how on earth do you keep it that clean ? Poor old Big Mats gun isn't as clean as yours as he dropped his in the mud just as a bunch of duck went over him :no: Can you lend him yours ? :lol:

A nice pair of duck there in full condition , I tell yer , you boys up North live well , having said that , one of my jobs tomorrow is to dress a Mallard out for tea , one of a pair of Drakes I got last week. I went last night and despite it being a bit on the rough side I never had a shot and only saw a few duck , the only bit of luck I had was it stopped raining just as I parked my motor going down the marsh and started raining hard again a couple of minutes after I got back , so although I went home with a empty bag at least I kept dry .

I really don't look after that gun as much as I should marsh man.

It only gets a proper strip down and clean every few months same with the plastic once it gets filthy it just has a scrub up in the sink

All I really do is give the barrel and bolt a wipe over with a oily rag after each trip , touch wood three years on and the gun has not had one jam.

marsh man, you need to move to North Wales there's plenty of mallard and teal this year, me and my shooting buddy shot a little inlet last night and had sixteen mallard and three teal and there were plenty pouring in that's me and family sorted for Christmas duck, best of luck to you.