Jeremy Corbyn

Guest stevo

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a wise post.

I suspect now that he has been sworn into the privy council and as leader of the opposition he will be exposed to all sorts of information that he was happily ignorant of in his role as an MP and that will cause him to challenge his ideals. He may well harbour dreams of making a difference in pursuit of his ideals and I daresay that he will continue to chase after a few of them, but reality will bite hard.

I also think that JC is going to be left much poorer for his turn at the wheel, he will be stripped bare of many of his principles which will cost him the respect of his fellow idealists and ironically what principles he manages to retain will deny him the ability to make hard and unpleasant decisions which will leave him looking weak in the eyes of others.

I fear that his lasting reputation will not be flattering or reflective of the man he really is.

And this too.

The Byn-man is doing his utmost to remain true to his principles, but the realities of leadership are getting in the way.

I am sure that if King Nige had formed a sizeable parliamentary party, he would find his principles similarly squeezed, and we might be debating how weak the realities of leadership were making him look.

Compromising is hard. Sharing is hard. Democracy is the worst political system, apart from all the others (as was once said famously).

LS

Many seem to consider that Corbyn has lost what little integrity that he had left with his recent comments. Pushed on more complex foreign affairs and national affairs issues, it's growing increasingly clear that he lacks any real grounding in subjects that he should be well versed in for a person of his position. That is what will ultimately make him unelectable, and not necessarily his far left views. He just seems to spout the same old rhetoric without a clue how the world really operates around him.

I can understand his feelings about arming the police and it perhaps being a slippery slope to a paramilitary force but peacekeeping and security are what they need to be for the time they are in. The issues of shoot, but don't kill also demonstrate a gross lack of knowledge, not just by JC but by a lot of leftist and liberal followers who fail to grasp that all shots be that to the arm, leg or torso can prove fatal, and to stop someone in their tracks who is clearly a danger to society, then shooting to kill is the only way to use a weapon. Anything else is chance or risk taking on a number of fronts.

His indecision has also been clear for all to see as well as his lack of foreign policy know how, historical grasp, and his persistence in voicing strong plans if he does ascent to power to weakening our ability to defend ourselves. That, and the lack of thought for the victims of recent atrocities where keeping one's gob firmly shut would have been better than the weak and clouded messages mingled with a denial of the reality of the situation Europe and the UK find themselves in have effectively ended his career. His own back bench are now in open revolt and even members of his cabinet are baying for his blood. He ought really to do the decent thing and step down before he makes a further fool of himself and further weakens the UK. He has already damaged trade relations abroad at a time when we can ill afford that, and now he's pouring flaming oil on troubled waters because he really doesn't have a clue how the world works.

I admire the man for his peace-orientated thoughts. That is laudable. However, the reality of the world we live in dictates that we need to be in a much stronger position to defend ourselves against the inevitable onslaught of continued terrorism. It isn't going to go away and you cannot reason with suicide bombers and lunatics.

Good post, what I find most alarming is his apparant lack of any grip on reality, its like he is living in a parallel universe, how has he managed to live as an MP much less a prospective PRIME MINISTER?

Maybe I should start reading those books on Aliens taking over people's bodies..........

11027959_470323183155884_531162372959831

I do appreciate what you are getting at with that post, but perhaps Jezza is such an easy target for a very good reason. He is fundamentally unsuited for the post he holds. It matters not a jot that he was elected into that post, that doesn't establish suitability, just popularity at a point in time.

Besides if he does indeed slurp his tea then he deserves all that is directed at him :)

I do appreciate what you are getting at with that post,

I just think that it is ridiculous that the trash printed media has started this relentless smearing campaign against him and accuse him of all sort of things. Some of the things they accuse him are laughable, or even I would go as far as to say commendable. Yet, the spin is such that they portray a demonised figure who is hell-bent on destroying everything and everyone. Such a coordinated and sustained character assassination campaign makes one think that perhaps the said media does have a vested interest in quashing the threat they clearly believe he represents to their and their masters' interests. I did not know the man prior to running for his post, but a lot he says makes sense. The same stuff some here have decided mounts up to treason, wizardry and God knows what...

P.S: if you remember, when he did announce he was running for leadership it was the same media that tried to portray him as a caricature type of person, a joke with no chance of winning etc. Well, look who ate their words...

Psyxologos, you are of course correct that he receives the sort of mocking in the press that is normally reserved for a failing/failed English football manager.

He is cast as the pantomime villain and is afforded the same level of respect.

It could possibly be that the press feel threatened by him and so have launched a character assassination campaign against him, or I may suggest that they also look at him as being so unsuitable as the leader of the opposition that they are just trying to swiftly facilitate his demise as an act of good public service.

I have no doubt that he is/was a really good local MP, he was prepared to fight against his party whips and be the rebel and I wish that so many more MP's had that level of courage, but rebels rarely make good leaders as they have nothing to rebel against. They are great change agents and Labour certainly needed a disruptive force so in that respect I think he will be hugely successful, but the man is just not fit to be in the position he is.

It is difficult to succeed in the full onslaught of a campaign of ridicule, but if he was strong enough he could, if our press have no respect for him then what would a rival at the top table of global politics think?

I just think that it is ridiculous that the trash printed media has started this relentless smearing campaign against him and accuse him of all sort of things. Some of the things they accuse him are laughable, or even I would go as far as to say commendable. Yet, the spin is such that they portray a demonised figure who is hell-bent on destroying everything and everyone. Such a coordinated and sustained character assassination campaign makes one think that perhaps the said media does have a vested interest in quashing the threat they clearly believe he represents to their and their masters' interests. I did not know the man prior to running for his post, but a lot he says makes sense. The same stuff some here have decided mounts up to treason, wizardry and God knows what...

P.S: if you remember, when he did announce he was running for leadership it was the same media that tried to portray him as a caricature type of person, a joke with no chance of winning etc. Well, look who ate their words...

Would you vote for him?

Psyxologos, you are of course correct that he receives the sort of mocking in the press that is normally reserved for a failing/failed English football manager.

It could possibly be that the press feel threatened by him and so have launched a character assassination campaign against him, or I may suggest that they also look at him as being so unsuitable as the leader of the opposition that they are just trying to swiftly facilitate his demise as an act of good public service.

I have no doubt that he is/was a really good local MP, he was prepared to fight against his party whips and be the rebel and I wish that so many more MP's had that level of courage, but rebels rarely make good leaders as they have nothing to rebel against. They are great change agents and Labour certainly needed a disruptive force so in that respect I think he will be hugely successful, but the man is just not fit to be in the position he is.

It is difficult to succeed in the full onslaught of a campaign of ridicule, but if he was strong enough he could, if our press have no respect for him then what would a rival at the top table of global politics think?

Or it could just be that he really is a plonker and its as simple as that. The last one was. You have to remember he was elected from a shortlist of four candidates, three were so bland they were instantly forgetable. He was different, not for the right reasons, but he was different.

Its really a sad reflection on the state of the Labour party that those four were the best they could muster. Which ever one had been elected would be facing ridicule now because they would all deserve it for differing reasons.

Or it could just be that he really is a plonker and its as simple as that. The last one was. You have to remember he was elected from a shortlist of four candidates, three were so bland they were instantly forgetable. He was different, not for the right reasons, but he was different.

Its really a sad reflection on the state of the Labour party that those four were the best they could muster. Which ever one had been elected would be facing ridicule now because they would all deserve it for differing reasons.

See my previous post :)

Would you vote for him?

I am not sure. Perhaps I will, perhaps I will not. We have a long, long way to go until the elections...

Of course this can be the case. I do doubt though that what I have highlighted in your post is the case. When was the last time they ever did something that was of good service to society?

Just how bad would Dave and his buddies have to be for that to happen?

Or more to the point, just what will labour offer the wilfully unemployed and the "families" with large quantities of children (and still multiplying). There's a lot of them about.

This is interesting outside the world of PW the rest of the UK have a very different view

//<![CDATA[

(function(){var g=this,h=function(b,d){var a=b.split("."),c=g;a[0]in c||!c.execScript||c.execScript("var "+a[0]);for(var e;a.length&&(e=a.shift());)a.length||void 0===d?c[e]?c=c[e]:c=c[e]={}:c[e]=d};var l=function(b){var d=b.length;if(0<d){for(var a=Array(d),c=0;c<d;c++)a[c]=b[c];return a}return[]};var m=function(b){var d=window;if(d.addEventListener)d.addEventListener("load",b,!1);else if(d.attachEvent)d.attachEvent("onload",b);else{var a=d.onload;d.onload=function(){b.call(this);a&&a.call(this)}}};var n,p=function(b,d,a,c,e){this.f=b;this.h=d;this.i=a;this.c=e;this.e={height:window.innerHeight||document.documentElement.clientHeight||document.body.clientHeight,width:window.innerWidth||document.documentElement.clientWidth||document.body.clientWidth};this.g=c;this.b={};this.a=[];this.d={}},q=function(b,d){var a,c,e=d.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");if(a=e&&!(e in b.d))if(0>=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c<d.length;++c)a=a.concat(l(document.getElementsByTagName(d[c])));if(0!=a.length&&a[0].getBoundingClientRect){for(c=0;d=a[c];++c)q(b,d);a="oh="+b.i;b.c&&(a+="&n="+b.c);if(d=0!=b.a.length)for(a+="&ci="+encodeURIComponent(b.a[0]),c=1;c<b.a.length;++c){var e=","+encodeURIComponent(b.a[c]);131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0<a.width&&0<a.height&&0<a.naturalWidth&&0<a.naturalHeight||e in b&&a.width>=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=ajax&section=topics&do=quote&t=324853&p=2943749&md5check=badf11fb02356a7c9d74242317441bc7&isRte=1,B6nXayd9mu,true,false,8Ev8ikMP-qc');

//]]>12239930_10206654633462731_4266090328168

There are two issues with this survey

1) the increadibly small sample size

2) the answer regarding JC will always be skewed. The average Libour voter will always say that they are satisfied, the average Tory will say that they are satisfied (because he will keep Libour out of power for as long as he is around).

There are two issues with this survey

1) the increadibly small sample size

2) the answer regarding JC will always be skewed. The average Libour voter will always say that they are satisfied, the average Tory will say that they are satisfied (because he will keep Libour out of power for as long as he is around).

Indeed.

A YouGov/Times survey today shows 52% dissatisfied with Corbyn with only 30% saying they think he's doing well.

I think the last election shows how accurate or not the polls are.

The best marker for his performance will come at the Oldham by election in December...real people, real votes.

It should be a shoe in for Labour so any significant drop in their vote will not bode well for the old tramp.