Explosions and heavy gunfire were heard in Paris

old'un

A large number of shots fired is far more likely to reflect difficulty in surpressing the enemy than people during wildly, especially in an urban setting.

I've a few friends who have worked in private security and they have spoken of expending very high volumes of ammunition just extract from dodgy situations where they didn't need to fight their way any closer to the people shooting at them.

Zapp can you confirm what you meant to say please.

Thank you

Did anyone hear that bloke on Any Answers last weekend. I'm sure he must be a Pigeon watch member. He was saying we should commandeer one of those God forsaken islands off Scotland and turn it into a concentration camp for anyone suspected of ISIL sympathies, and anyone who knew them and should have realised they were sympathisers to be thrown into. His closing comments were "And we will force feed them pork". I was laughing my head off.

Having lived in London and the Islands I know which is Godforsaken, perhaps you should start praying ;)

I guess the French authorities demand very quick results and within reason "any means necessary" and lots of rounds become fair game. I suppose they were issued (counted) and left-overs returned (counted) then deduct one figure from the other. The high 5000 number also sends a message of "no messing about".

Could the reason for the high number of shots fired be the unleashing of months of training (dry runs) then when the opportunity comes for firing live ammo at real live terrorists (not cardboard cut-outs) they just let rip.

A friend of mine was in the royal marines and we talked about his training, he told me that the training takes you to such a heightened state you cannot wait to get into the thick of it and let some rounds off, just a thought.

Cameron is a Wally, What’s the point of spending money bombing a bombed out city of rubble? He stands in the house pleading to be allowed to send in our planes. You can hear it. It’s like a little kid “ Me, Me. Me. I want to go and play with the big boys”. What good would it do to bomb a city that is just rumble where there are no people and no isis fighters just bombed out buildings. The Americans have off loaded three times more bombs that the Russians, the French and us and all of the other countries put together. There are plenty of targets to take out in Iraq, which would help to stop the advance of isil and assist the allies that we do have there. The Americans are getting near to $1 Billion dollars on this campaign in a short period. Did any of this stop the misery of the refugees or the continued loss of life of those innocent civilians in Paris. At the moment it is all panic and stress for the lives that have been destroyed and bent by the events in Paris on both sides of this. The total waste of the lives. And in Africa you have Boko Haram who have killed more people than Isis and about which not a lot is done to stop it. So how is the bombing of a bombed out city going to help in the slightest when the ringleader can move from country to country and walk the streets without fear. Every day illegal immigrants are coming across from France to Dover and after registering them they are let go into this country. How do groups of Muslim fanatics operate, Who funds and arms them, Who is promoting these evil ideologies that is promoting people like the 26 year old woman who blew herself to pieces today. What a waste of a life. And for what? They are never going to beat us into submission. But we need to fight these lunatics at ground level cutting of their sources of funds and support.