Vectan as

Hi guys i got given a couple of homeloads which i really like. There using the vecatan as powder

Now i i have wieghed the powder the shot i.d the wad and its using a cx2000 primer.

The load is for a 28gram load.

Which is great for pigeons.

But what i have been thinking is if i use the same brand of wad and load that with 34-36 gram of lead and add say 24-26 grain of powder instead of the 21.3 grain thats in these loads would it work?

Or would i be best getting medium burn powder for this type of load?

Hi guys i got given a couple of homeloads which i really like. There using the vecatan as powder

Now i i have wieghed the powder the shot i.d the wad and its using a cx2000 primer.

But what i have been thinking is if i use the same brand of wad and load that with 34-36 gram of lead and add say 24-26 grain of powder instead of the 21.3 grain thats in these loads would it work?Or would i be best getting medium burn powder for this type of load?

As stated numerous times, stick to proof tested or/and published formulas! ........asking advice from anyone you don't know or/and guessing how much powder and shot and what wad is a recipe for disaster!

Guest cookoff013

But what i have been thinking is if i use the same brand of wad and load that with 34-36 gram of lead and add say 24-26 grain of powder instead of the 21.3 grain thats in these loads would it work?Or would i be best getting medium burn powder for this type of load?

Do no fudgeing with loads.

Get solid info.

That's the hard part

Your suggestion probably wouldn't fit in the hull for a start. More importantly, you are dealing with explosives so DON'T fool around with the recipe unless you know exactly what you are doing. Your suggestion indicates that you don't and you are asking to injure yourself badly as well as destroying your shotgun. If you want to go for a different load then get a recipe for that load.

But what i have been thinking is if i use the same brand of wad and load that with 34-36 gram of lead and add say 24-26 grain of powder instead of the 21.3 grain thats in these loads would it work?

Or would i be best getting medium burn powder for this type of load?

For my 28gr loads i use super fast cases (free from clay ground ) it consists of rio primer 18.6 gr vectan AS and 28-29 grams lead.. nice smooth round and kills not just the clays but pigeons and crows as well

in fact this load is used for everything...

I started using 21 gr but was getting muzzle flip so reduced bit by bit till i got a nice smooth cartridge..

Yes the bore is cleaner than when i use factory loads the wads cannot remember the name but get them from clay and game they are £63 for 5,000...

think these are them..

12GA CGR BUDGET H-12 WAD 12ga CGR Budget H-12 Wad. These wads will hold 28-30 grams in lead shot in a 70mm PT case.

Thanks, I have all those components and was going to start on 28g loads next so will give some of thee a go.