Lorry driver snaps

ferguson_tom

Aah, splendid.

This video doesn't really show the full story. Two nuggets in charge of vehicles, one loses his temper and does something daft. How anyone can condone 'ramming' a truck into a car on a busy motorway, though, is frankly ludicrous.

He didn't exactly "ram" him, it was a gentle move over or get tapped. He still wouldn't move over so got a very gentle nudge.

More to the point, WHY didn't he move over ? He was determined to make a mountain out of a molehill and to his own benefit.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just seen the video on face book and fair play to the lorry driver i say, people like this plonker in the car is the reason why i believe all transits should be fitted with stinger missiles for middle lane sleepers

the fact that a lorry in the right hand side mirror did not wake this person up is the first warning he was fast a sleep as for even thinking he is going to stand his ground against a 40t lorry is even more he was fast a sleep

sorry but as you can see

lorry 1

car 0

He didn't exactly "ram" him, it was a gentle move over or get tapped. He still wouldn't move over so got a very gentle nudge.

More to the point, WHY didn't he move over ? He was determined to make a mountain out of a molehill and to his own benefit.

Did the lorry driver know the car driver was also the owner of a dash cam company? You reckon the lorry driver knew what his game was?

Any idea how easy it is to lose control of a vehicle travelling at 60ish mph, surrounded by traffic?

Take the car driver's perceived motive out of the equation for a moment.

If it was a little old lady instead, not very confident of night driving, should we all 'nudge' such people out of the way?

Really?

I did not hear any collision on the recording, were the scratches there beforehand. Now back to the car drivers Dangerous driving he can get banned for that, driving more than 10 % bellow the prescribed speed limit would be a fail in a driving test and unless there are mitigating circumstances it could easily be considered as driving without due care and attention.

Did the lorry driver know the car driver was also the owner of a dash cam company? You reckon the lorry driver knew what his game was?

Any idea how easy it is to lose control of a vehicle travelling at 60ish mph, surrounded by traffic?

Take the car driver's perceived motive out of the equation for a moment.

If it was a little old lady instead, not very confident of night driving, should we all 'nudge' such people out of the way?

Really?

I honestly don't think many lorry drivers would go to that length unprovoked. There will be more to this than we can see at the moment. Unfortunately the car will not have filmed that bit, lets just hope the truck carried a camera as a lot do nowadays.

I have seen video before off live view cameras that was recorded back at the traffic office, the car driver got done for provoking an indecent. This strikes me as being another one of those incidents, time will tell.

I honestly don't think many lorry drivers would go to that length unprovoked. There will be more to this than we can see at the moment. Unfortunately the car will not have filmed that bit, lets just hope the truck carried a camera as a lot do nowadays.

I have seen video before off live view cameras that was recorded back at the traffic office, the car driver got done for provoking an indecent. This strikes me as being another one of those incidents, time will tell.

Absolutely. The report, i'm sure, didn't tell 100% of the story.

Roads are dangerous enough without idiots.

Btw, i've never said the car driver was an innocent party, just that the physical response cannot be condoned IMO. Just for clarity.

Yep, realise that :good: All I'm saying is that scenario could have gone on for miles. And, as the trucks limited to 56 but passed the car reasonably quickly just how fast was the car going ? 50mph, 45mph ? I can see why the driver did it, and it was just a gentle nudge. And, as has been said, did the truck actually hit it, or did the car do a little "wobble" just for the camera ?

Video shows another truck in the inside lane, fairly close behind. Standard recommendation is to leave a two second gap between vehicles. I dont know the actual speed, but if it was 56mph (=82ft/s) and the car had pulled into the left hand lane leaving less than a 164ft gap, he would certainly have failed to comply with those recommendations.

Lot of people don't like leaving a two second gap, but the logic is simple. If a vehicle travelling at 56mph does an emergency stop with 100% braking efficiency, it needs 105ft braking distance. If the one behind has brakes that only just meet the MOT standard (50% efficiency), it will need 210ft braking distance, plus a thinking distance (56ft would be the Highway Code figure). In that situation there is no possibility of avoiding a collision without a separation distance of at least 161ft (=105ft + 56ft).

But there is one thing I am certain of in this case -- I only know part of the story.

Flash!

Edited by secretagentmole

After spending what probably Amounts to a sizeable portion of my life stuck behind morons in HGV's in the middle lane bacause they are doing a teenth of a mph more than the other Lorry so spend 20 mins hogging the middle lane (they would call it overtaking) whilst causing huge tailbacks I hope they do throw the book at the idiot concerned, absolutley no sympathy whatsoever for him, but I agree they should also prosecute the other muppet as well

That pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter to....

Yep, deliberate provocation for advertising purposes and a spurious claim for "injuries". Give the truck driver a warning and throw the book at the car driver for causing a serious hazard on the motorway.

But being a copper the car driver will get away with it and the truck driver will lose his job. be interesting to see if this one goes the way of the usual "Boys club" cases ??

"Boys club" cases"

Some people still live in the 1970's........ :rolleyes:

Edited by jam1e

Typical ignorant bullying lorry driver thinking he has some authority to police the roads just because he's in a big truck.

Or typical lorry driver who's trying to work to a schedule but is being held up by a selfish idiot illegally, and probably deliberately, blocking the OVERTAKING lane.

"Boys club" cases"

Some people still live in the 1970's........ :rolleyes:

Really,? Wasn't it published not too long back (in a paper) how many police staff were let off with speeding offences ? They also did a percentage comparison of "civvies" compared to police let off. Yep, the old boys club is still alive and well :good:

Or typical lorry driver who's trying to work to a schedule but is being held up by a selfish idiot illegally, and probably deliberately, blocking the OVERTAKING lane.

And who generally couldn't give a toss about everyone elses schedules as they block the A14 for miles performing one of their 10 mile overtaking manoeuvres to gain about 50 feet.

Hogging the lane or not the lorry driver is at fault , wot if he had clipped the car and the car crashed into a family car killing every one , massive pile up ,

Lorry driver deserves the book thrown at him , car should have fine

Just a thought wot if your doing 70 in middle lane are you still lane hogging , wot about wen the lorry over takes his mate and can't get passed and your stock behind them for miles waiting for the idiots to get them sorted

Edited by imissalot

"This guy is hogging the middle lane. I'm gonna ram his car with my 20 ton truck..."

Oh yep, totally reasonable.

Yep, totally. Ricks like this guy boil my urine and it's a shame the truck didn't crush him.

Picture the situation. The truck was harassing him? So he's in the middle lane of the motorway, doing a lower speed than an artic can muster up, with nobody in front of him. The video shows the truck in the third lane which I believe is illegal, but how hard was the trucker pressed before he took that decision. He makes the poor call to go into the third lane to then (assumption here) be held out there by the car driver who probably decided to match his speed just to annoy him? The truck then fish tails his trailer to give him a warning and clips his car.

If at any point in this situation the car driver felt threatened he had his right foot at his disposal. He could so easily have pulled away from the truck and got himself to safety without even breaking the speed limit. But no, he was an *** pure and simple. That point is proven by the fact that 14 minutes later, he was still within reach of the angry trucker. If he was so scared by the whole incident, why didn't he remove himself? He had plenty of opportunity to do so.

My conclusion - Don't play games with the big boys, you will get hurt...

Yep, totally. Ricks like this guy boil my urine and it's a shame the truck didn't crush him.

Picture the situation. The truck was harassing him? So he's in the middle lane of the motorway, doing a lower speed than an artic can muster up, with nobody in front of him. The video shows the truck in the third lane which I believe is illegal, but how hard was the trucker pressed before he took that decision. He makes the poor call to go into the third lane to then (assumption here) be held out there by the car driver who probably decided to match his speed just to annoy him? The truck then fish tails his trailer to give him a warning and clips his car.

If at any point in this situation the car driver felt threatened he had his right foot at his disposal. He could so easily have pulled away from the truck and got himself to safety without even breaking the speed limit. But no, he was an *** pure and simple. That point is proven by the fact that 14 minutes later, he was still within reach of the angry trucker. If he was so scared by the whole incident, why didn't he remove himself? He had plenty of opportunity to do so.

My conclusion - Don't play games with the big boys, you will get hurt...

Exactly, but some just don't care, they think it's their right to do as they please whether it's illegal or inconvenient for other. The car played silly bu***rs with 44 tons of artic, and lost ........... tough.

Exactly, but some just don't care, they think it's their right to do as they please whether it's illegal or inconvenient for other. The car played silly bu***rs with 44 tons of artic, and lost ........... tough.

That's strange, I thought it was the road raging lorry driver who lost, his job, the car driver has come out smelling of roses. Bet that muppet isn't so hard without a truck to hide in.

Having just seen the footage on the TV I will reserve judgement and hope the results of a Police investigation are published.

Whatever happened the lorry driver was in the wrong to intimidate him and contact the car.

Rather disappointing the 3 Police forces failed to respond to six 999 calls.