Smart Meters

magman

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do they want to fit them ?

supposedly so the consumer knows how much they are using ,

The energy companies save a shed load of wages but I don't think the average consumer will get a penny off their bill

I already have a monitor the lecky used and solar generated so I don't need one more.

Edited by wascal

Don't want one ain't getting one. There's a big movement in America raising concerns about these devices constantly emitting micro waves, kinda like having a mobile phone attached to your ear constantly.The jurys out as regards long term affects but as far as i'm concerned unless they make it law i'm not getting one.

Don't want one ain't getting one. There's a big movement in America raising concerns about these devices constantly emitting micro waves, kinda like having a mobile phone attached to your ear constantly.The jurys out as regards long term affects but as far as i'm concerned unless they make it law i'm not getting one.

The tin foil keeps me safe.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2768405

Please consider the content.

What has not been addressed is the woeful security that is used on the meters.

It is possible to remotely monitor the electricity being used, when it is lower, it signifies the house is unoccupied and burglaries are less likely to be detected.

It is possible to remotely shut off the electrical supply, so a hacker can turn your lights off!

You do not have to have one, so we are not!

Edited by secretagentmole

What has not been addressed is the woeful security that is used on the meters.

It is possible to remotely monitor the electricity being used, when it is lower, it signifies the house is unoccupied and burglaries are less likely to be detected.

It is possible to remotely shut off the electrical supply, so a hacker can turn your lights off!

You do not have to have one, so we are not!

Whatever current new initiative any government of the day tries to sell to the general public as the universally best next good policy idea, in my experience is the worst possible parasitic encumbrance that can be adopted into your lifestyle! :no:

Whatever current new initiative any government of the day tries to sell to the general public as the universally best next good policy idea, in my experience is the worst possible parasitic encumbrance that can be adopted into your lifestyle! :no:

Come on really?

In this case a meter that reads itself saving me doing it monthly or a reader coming round twice a year. The paranoid really need some important things to worry about these just save time and effort. If ours got "hacked" they would see we turned things off at night they would never use it as a way of seeing if we were out as the car on the drive is a bigger give away.

As for remotely turning it off that sounds like a good idea were there to be any problems in the area

Come on really?

In this case a meter that reads itself saving me doing it monthly or a reader coming round twice a year. The paranoid really need some important things to worry about these just save time and effort. If ours got "hacked" they would see we turned things off at night they would never use it as a way of seeing if we were out as the car on the drive is a bigger give away.

As for remotely turning it off that sounds like a good idea were there to be any problems in the area

"1984" :ninja: :/

The reliance of compliance, meters the acceptance of intrusive social science in the guise of monitoring your appliance! :innocent: :hmm::)

Do a search on 'Smart Meter Security' and you will see that there are serious concerns about the security of your personal information being hacked.

Smart meters use the mobile phone network to transmit information.

The public are paying for the installations via their utilities bills not the government.

As I understand it smart meters will not be compulsory and in any case I can't see the utility companies getting the legal right to enter your property to fit them.

Vic.