True Grit

Scully

Nah the quite man is my Wayne favourite

+1 for the quiet man.

another was 'she wore a yellow ribbon', I also rate the bloke who always plays the burly Irishman in both of those,

What is it about the Wayne walk?

Edited by tonker

I have to say I really enjoyed the remake and thought Jeff bridges done a brilliant job.

However as a massive John Wayne Fan I still prefer the original.

It was said "Although tongue in Cheek,I think" that the reason Wayne won an Oscar was that Glen Campbells acting was so bad it made John wayne look even better

My mother bought my Father the complete John Wayne Collection on DVD,That is every Movie he ever Starred in.

I seen most of his Westerns before and although as rightly pointed out his best where True grit,searchers,the shootist ect My personal favourites are the likes of "The sons of Katie Elder,Elderado and Chisum anf i have a soft spot for his Cop Movie 'Brannagin' as it was the first movie i saw on a big Screen as we as kids where took to see it at our local parish Hall.

Ref- The Quite man, That movie seemed to have Worldwide appeal..I remember when we where staying at Knight inlet lodge in Canada there was an elderly Australian couple who we sat with at Dinner one evening and they said they the loved Ireland and had visited due to the love of the Quite Man film.

Any lovers of the Film should make the effort to Visit Cong in Co Mayo.It really is such a beautiful place. You can have a pint or tea/coffee/ scone ect in pat Cohans pub and see the origanal bar ect..there is an old Monastery and of course the beautiful river cong which flows into the corrib.

The old cottage is a few miles away but isnt really worth the bother as its just a small ruins now. it is said the it was all the pilgrims who came to visit the site "Mostly Americans" and they took pieces of the cottage as souvenirs. Shame really.

Wayne,Victor Mclaglen,Ward Bond and of course the Red haired beauty who passed last year Maureen O'Hara starred together in a number of John Ford movies such as was mentioned and the comedy western Mclintock.

Remake sticks to the book, & White A Morn cottage was owned by the actor thatching at start of film,at the time of filming it was not allowed to own two houses, he had a new house built with his wages from film & the use of house & took the roof off & it fell into disrepair,you can also stay in Reverend Playfairs house (It Is A hostel) & The Scene where Wayne knocks Maclaglan through the door of Cohan's bar was the longest punch in film history, the punch was filmed in Hollywood studio, & the result in Cong,whole area worth a visit.