34inch Barrels

button

Some reviews of a 34" barreled perazzi High Pheasant gun online. Someone at my local club did shoot a 34" Ceasar Guerini I think it was at a demo day and said the handling was great.

My 32" with extended chokes is 33" and I find it suits me as did the other two guns of 32" plus extended chokes I had before this one.

What are you wanting that length for?

Edited by figgy

Some reviews of a 34" barreled perazzi High Pheasant gun online. Someone at my local club did shoot a 34" Ceasar Guerini I think it was at a demo day and said the handling was great.

My 32" with extended chokes is 33" and I find it suits me as did the other two guns of 32" plus extended chokes I had before this one.

It is something I have been thinking about for a while, going to be a dedicated high bird gun and having read reviews of the hpx it got me thinking. Apart from the perazzi the only other options I can find is B Rizzini and CG. Do you know of anymore without going custom made and a few too many £k's! Edited by button

Kemen do a long barrel gun and Gamba also I think but the Perazzi HPX is the most well known high pheasant gun. To be honest I think if 32" isn't enough barrel two extra inches won't make a difference.

Try a few on a high tower and see what you think. The longer barrels are usually quite thin to keep the weight acceptable so can be more prone to damage.

Let us know how you get on.

I had a 34" Perazzi and shot some of my best and most consistent scores with it. I then bought a 33" HPX and sold the 34" to my good shooting mate, who was already shooting a CG 34" at the time. My scores certainly haven't improved(not the gun but the nut behind the Butt) but his have gone through the roof(he was already a very good shot though). As far as handling is concerned I found that there isn't that much difference in the way the gun feels. I certainly didn't notice the extra 2" compared to a "standard" 32" gun. I would have no hesitation in buying another 34" P gun. I can only really speak about the Perazzi model. The only problem is actually getting your hands on one as they are like finding Rocking Horse ****

Blaser do 34" also, have had a Perazzi 34" and a Blaser, shot the Perazzi very well, the Blaser was different....

Would I do it again, not for high bird stuff, was a pig in a high wind, used it for trapshooting with great success...

I had forgotten Blaser. What was that like?

With a bayonet fixed, it saves on cartridges !

Mate of mine bought himself a 26" gun 40 years ago . He has shot Grouse ,Pheasant . Partridge , Geese ,Doves and a whole lot more . Used the same cartridge the now defunct Winchester GB for most of that time . I do wonder at this trend for longer and longer barrels as when I started in the gun trade in the late 60's no body wanted "old fahioned" 30" guns for normal shooting , 28" & 26" were the norm . Webley and Scott made their standard gun in 27" regarded as a good all rounder and lets face it there has been an awful lot of game shot including "high birds" with them .

Mate of mine bought himself a 26" gun 40 years ago . He has shot Grouse ,Pheasant . Partridge , Geese ,Doves and a whole lot more . Used the same cartridge the now defunct Winchester GB for most of that time . I do wonder at this trend for longer and longer barrels as when I started in the gun trade in the late 60's no body wanted "old fahioned" 30" guns for normal shooting , 28" & 26" were the norm . Webley and Scott made their standard gun in 27" regarded as a good all rounder and lets face it there has been an awful lot of game shot including "high birds" with them .

Tend to agree, I have had a couple of 26 inch Miroku's but moved to 28" in 1978 and never moved from that, since 78 I have only bought 2 shotguns and I still have both. I am never likely to get involved in trying to nail birds 80 yards up but my 28" tubes on lightweight game guns modestly choked have on occasion killed birds a very long way out.

A