It must be spring...

Dave-G

Spring must be here. I just nipped out back about 30 mins ago to sprinkle some nitrogen on the lawn and noticed how incredibly calm it was - and quiet, apart from the morning blackbird chorus at just before 3AM! :)

That reminds me, must set the alarm for 3am to spread the nitrogen! :lol::good:

There has been signs of spring out here in the Charente. Not bird song, not daffodils but the true harbingers of spring in rural France is the unmistakable sound of rotivators. Around the end of February the change begins. Cars that were pulling trailers full of logs now carry rotivators. The screech of the two-stroke chainsaws fades away and is replaced by the duller throb of a four stroke Briggs & Stratton. All over France old men in bright blue trousers faithfully follow their motobeineuse along their vegetable plots. Back and forth, back and forth until the soil is the consistency of talcum powder.

Next weekend marks another stage of the calendar year with the first of the weekend Vide Greniers, literally 'empty loft' or car boot sales. We will be able to visit small towns and villages and view tressle tables groaning under the weight of the same rammel that was there last year and the year before................. I swear that nobody buys anything. It must take the stall holders hours to pack, unpack and re-pack all the ancient saws, axes and chisels, 1960's electric shavers, 90% complete crockery services and tonkin cane fishing rods with at least three rings missing and another bound on by string. Oh! And coffee grinders. If anyone wants a small, broken, hand operated coffee grinder for twenty quid let me know.

Spring has sprung!

yes yes, but what about the rabbits ............. ?

Rabbits *******. That is 'bucking' for those that think I may be in danger of being warned off the forum for offensive language. I believe that it is the vernacular term for male rabbits mating.