Wine head up

winnie&bezza

Just a heads up on a wine that I've been really into for the last 6 months. You've probably heard of or had it but for those who haven't it's called yellowtail jammy red roo from tesco. Absolutely addictive and usually £6.75 but often cheaper from time to time.

Edited by winnie&bezza

To be fair the £3.50p red simple called "south african" also from tesco is not bad for gaffing wine. Trust me I've tested it throughly. Or the £5 is isla negra (spelling) . It's all I spend in tesco on wine. If you want a good one a wine merchant is needed.

Edited by GingerCat

To be fair the £3.50p red simple called "south african" also from tesco is not bad for gaffing wine. Trust me I've tested it throughly. Or the £5 is isla negra (spelling) . It's all I spend in tesco on wine. If you want a good one a wine merchant is needed.

Will have to try that one. I'm no wine expert and I wouldn't spend more than £6 a bottle. I just wait for it to go on offer which I often.

If you like the Yellowtail you might want to try Aldi's Bushland Shiraz - sooooo quaffable and £3.99/bottle.

I might of had that Bruno as I shop at aldi regularly but i can't remember. Will have to get a bottle. Cheers.

It's interesting Rocky cheers for that and I wouldn't mind having a go some time.

5L Water bottle £1.10

Airlock £2.50 Boyes/Wilkinson

Old wine bottles Free

Orange |Juice 49p (Tesco)

1Kg Sugar 45p (Aldi)

Tub of yeast to make 40 x5L £3.00 (Boyes/Wilkinson)

Tube = Siphon £2.00 (Boyes/Wilkinson)

Other bits like Glycerine and nutrients are not needed, but a good idea.

Consumables will cost you £2.00 per 5L, the rest is rinse and repeat.

I have only been doing it for a couple of years, but now have about 50-60L of wine ready for my glass,

RS

PS Boyes and Wilkinson are just cheapy places we do a lot of Hardware shopping in,

So long as it has no preservatives like Potassium sorbate, you're fine.

I've done orange, pineapple, cranberry, exotic fruits, grape (ha ha), apple, lychee, anything at all. Usually it is whatever is on offer, or particularly cheap.

Just make sure you Always give them 6 - 8 weeks. in fact, the longer the better.

Don't "play" with them, make them up, keep 1L in fridge, add yeast and when the "volcano" frothing slows down (3-4 days), add the held back mixture. Most are all fermented out at 7-10 days, but there is no harm in leaving them, they clear all by themselves (well 95% do, some you just drink cloudy).

http://www.homewinemaking.co.uk/yabb2/YaBB.pl

Is where I started, like here, more help than you could ever imagine.

RS

• 2 weeks later...