Sons account has been emptied!

Lord Geordie

Your computer is definitely compromised. You need to disconnect that machine from the internet immediately.

Download anti-malware and hijack tools on another, known-to-be-secure computer and run them on your sons computer.

As a start I'd recommend:

https://www.malwarebytes.org/

http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/

https://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/

Along with scanning with whatever anti-virus software you are running.

EDIT: Also, consider that any passwords that you have entered or stored on that computer are potentially compromised also.

Edited by MonkeyKong

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would the computer that's hacked in to LG's leave any trace, would it be possible to find out who's doing this? If so, it probably needs doing before any anti virus or what ever is run through it , yes, no ??

The conversations with PayPal, and the bank were phone calls, the IP used for the first and subsequent transactions was the same! And Chris' ip we checked, and it is still the same IP. The morning after talking to them and being told they were NOT going to pursue it any further, because as far as they were concerned, it was made from his PC with his "unprotected password" anyway as I was saying, the following morning he came running into my room crying again and they took a further £400. I rang the bank straight away and luckily managed to get it stopped in time!

Now Chris changed his password after the first attacks to a random series of letters and symbols! When I saw him log in I went nuts! He has told the computer to remember his password! So I have rang PayPal again and made them aware there was another attack, and wanted to know after an investigation, how they let another go through! I told them to disable the account instantly and allow no more funny business.

Checked his bank account this morning and luckily the last attempt failed and they managed to stop that £400 leaving his account.

I have decided to sell a few of my guns to put toward his printer! I have listed my Titan, and will list the laurona too, this should raise around £600 and then just stuff a bit away each month and should get the printer for him in October for his birthday.

I was going to get him to print off a few bits for myself! I wanted a few bits for project builds etc! Chris wants to print off gaming figures and replicas of the games weapons etc! He wanted to try printing his own HDD caddys too. I just think it will be good for him to get creative!

I spent the day making a rifle stand! Just a quick knock up as I needed a rest to set zero, and work on my guns!

I am not selling them all BTW. I am not quitting, I will keep my hide guns, and my new Raptor! But the rest can go! I would rather have my Son happy than those sat in a cupboard.

Thanks again for all the kind words of support! I am truly blessed to be among such friends!

I admire everything written in this post and find your determination amazing

However

I can't stand by and watch - will you please please let us help, OK maybe we won't reach enough for the printer, maybe we will reach enough for two but I for one would like to help

I work hard and don't get much "enjoyment" from this much - it would give me satisfaction and enjoyment to help you (please don't see this as being condescending, it definitely isn't intended this way)

I'm not tech savvy to know how to organise this but if others are keen I'm happy to set up whatever is needed for us to donate to

You have a trojan or keylogger on it, for crying out loud install this software now, also never ever rely on the computer to store passwords, get control of the PC and there you go, control of the passwords, accounts, use Keyscrambler to make life harder!

You need to change passwords for any site accessed from his computer BUT you need to do it from a DIFFERENT computer if possible one that has never connected to your wireless network.

YOUR COMPUTER IS COMPROMISED!

Ok guys!

A. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on hear is any one local to Newcastle that can go and have a look st his computer and sort the security out?

B. Is there anyone here that can give proper league advice on where he stands and if possible take the case to court for him?

C. Can't we all get together and Write a letter of complaint and even get the press involved? To help fight this?

I'm sure we would all chip in and pay for the correct services if needed. If buy a new laptop?

I'll send some money! As that would give me enjoyment!

I have a lot of respect for you LG!

I commend you for it!

You need to change passwords for any site accessed from his computer BUT you need to do it from a DIFFERENT computer if possible one that has never connected to your wireless network.

YOUR COMPUTER IS COMPROMISED!

If you install Keyscrambler first all it will log is garbage, a string of random characters, KS goes between the keyboard and the screen and scrambles what is types so decryption by keyloggers is impossible.

A great piece of kit for your boy to start with and very good service. It won't break the bank. Please let those that want to get something for the boy put towards it. Less than a tenner from each of those in this thread would cover it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HICTOP-Reprap-Prusa-I3-3D-Printer-LCD-Aluminum-Printing-Size-270-210-190-mm-/281754830719?hash=item4199e5877f:g:br8AAOSwlfxXGHyO

If you are adamant that you will not accept the support then raffle off one of the guns rather than sell it. £20 a ticket.

You have a trojan or keylogger on it, for crying out loud install this software now, also never ever rely on the computer to store passwords, get control of the PC and there you go, control of the passwords, accounts, use Keyscrambler to make life harder!

Thanks Mole! Will get onto him about that!

A great piece of kit for your boy to start with and very good service. It won't break the bank. Please let those that want to get something for the boy put towards it. Less than a tenner from each of those in this thread would cover it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HICTOP-Reprap-Prusa-I3-3D-Printer-LCD-Aluminum-Printing-Size-270-210-190-mm-/281754830719?hash=item4199e5877f:g:br8AAOSwlfxXGHyO

If you are adamant that you will not accept the support then raffle off one of the guns rather than sell it. £20 a ticket.

Chris had already set designs on a printer, that's why he was saving! Apparently is some printer he can expand as and if he needed! I believe he used the term hackable??? I am not a a tech head either! I am still using a Samsung netbook I bought off here years ago! I don't go for all this new computer stuff! Chris built his for gaming, and was happy with the performance! He keeps digging me in the ribs about mine and says its an antique!

I am going to see Chris about letting a chap check it out and sort any security issues ot may have! I have blocked his PayPal account now! And will use that scrambled program too, but on both his AND MINE! Thanks again for all the advice!

Chris had already set designs on a printer, that's why he was saving! Apparently is some printer he can expand as and if he needed! I believe he used the term hackable???

The Prusa i3 is one of the most adaptable DIY printers you can get. I would not be surprised if his choice was similar.

How about all of us that have pledged monies buy a printer.give it to you're lad on the proviso that he does printing jobs for us and I'm sure many will include a small payment for goods received it will get you're son's mind off the past and will help a lot of members on here with there printing needs it not charity it s business you're son would be the pigeon watch official printer makes sense all round AND you keep you're guns simples

Still a way to go to getting it right but it's pretty good. I would not say it was a starter machine but it'll certainly do the job.

Its the size of the print area, and the print quality he wanted! He searched the internet and basically fell in love with that one! He wanted it to print large components which lock together apparently? I haven't a clue! I told him I would supply the plastic wire if he would print off the odd items for me! I am going to have to see if I can find any how to vids on CAD for him too! Need to get him fluent as apparently he will need it to make his models with! Should be interesting watching him progress with this :D

If he's never used CAD then a good start is Autodesk 123D. It's free to download and there are videos available. Easy to start with and design stuff.

Good enough for me to create NV stuff with.

3ccf319d-74a4-43b5-bba8-6467039fd5b7_zps

Edited by Marki

How about all of us that have pledged monies buy a printer.give it to you're lad on the proviso that he does printing jobs for us and I'm sure many will include a small payment for goods received it will get you're son's mind off the past and will help a lot of members on here with there printing needs it not charity it s business you're son would be the pigeon watch official printer makes sense all round AND you keep you're guns simples

Right, who's collecting the money then, where do we send it ?