Fox club

WelshMike

Advice from the fox club please. I have a troublesome fox around at the minute that keeps evading me! The second the nv is on it it legs it. Big dog fox. He has been hunting the local cats and has done very well... I've seen it with 3 now!! Ideas? He doesn't seem to stick to a set time. I waited out for around 3 hours for him.to come one day but never did :( what do you Reckon? If I get the right.advice there will be a picture from me on here :lol:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would offer some advice but as you may have seen, Im in the same boat. Lol

Had a very similar problem quite a while ago, the faint glow from the ir pill spooked it. Unbelievable really when you see the glow from 100yds.

It fluffed up one night,, I caught it while it wasn't looking and poked it with a 60 grain vmax.

Keep at it, I was out last night again after one I missed last week, it will happen.

I would offer some advice but as you may have seen, Im in the same boat. Lol

Had a very similar problem quite a while ago, the faint glow from the ir pill spooked it. Unbelievable really when you see the glow from 100yds.

It fluffed up one night,, I caught it while it wasn't looking and poked it with a 60 grain vmax.

Keep at it, I was out last night again after one I missed last week, it will happen.

In essence even though we have all the kit and skills it still requires lady luck to smile on us and not the fox :) The more times you try the more likely you will get the result you want, failing that go for Dougys suggestion of an IED.

filth :lol::lol::lol::lol:

thats better, some good sensible advice.

sorry couldnt resist you could try baiting a spot youve spotted it before with some stinky cat food and use a yellow lamp there quite used to spotlights headlights ect so may well not be bothered,foxes can see Ir despite what many people think and whacking it with a nm800 can have same affect as wacking it with a whopping great white light.ive a small ir torch on my spotter which doesnt bother foxes or rabbits they go about there business until my mate scans them with his spotter with t20 on and straight away heads up aware

Edited by remmy1100

Blowing a gale last night with a full moon making an appearance and some heavy showers,so decided to stay in one place and wait for them to come to me.Nothing for an hour then a cub turned up at about 40 yds away clipped him but quick reload and stopped him with a 50gr vmax at about 150 yds Two hours later this dog fox turned up watched him come down the fence line then dissappears behind the muck heap waited and waited but no sign of him then he reappears by an old building little squeak and no 2 in the bag

post-21630-0-63427200-1471699066_thumb.jpg

Another 2 cubs last night ........both shot by Jeff with the Archer.

This one was a really small vixen cub for this time of year ....

malton%20002_zpsrg2mbip0.jpg

No pic of second one as it wasn't pretty ..............

More likely...no pic of the second one as I made it up :lol::lol::lol:

Blowing a gale last night with a full moon making an appearance and some heavy showers,so decided to stay in one place and wait for them to come to me.Nothing for an hour then a cub turned up at about 40 yds away clipped him but quick reload and stopped him with a 50gr vmax at about 150 yds Two hours later this dog fox turned up watched him come down the fence line then dissappears behind the muck heap waited and waited but no sign of him then he reappears by an old building little squeak and no 2 in the bag

When I saw the pic it looked like you had shot a dog....well done on the fox bud :good:

Took this dog fox on dusk the other evening .....canine teeth missing.

malton%20dog%20002_zpsnqpbxxpd.jpg

Hey Mike notice the different pics, not like yourself using the same pic all the time :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: lets see something more artistic :yes:

Sorry mate not got time to be flowery and artistic like you ...big gaylord.

Lazy mans shooting, :yes:

I had a call from the lad I got my hmr from, in truth I'm only holding it for him until he gets his licence back, long story and not for here.

He and his new lady were having a bbq the other night at a paddock they own, and as it was dumpsy dark he thought he'd have a call to see what was about. They have chickens on this paddock, but keep them pretty safe behind Harris fence panels and a bloody good fencer.

He was squeeking for a while and managed to call three in fairly close. The paddock is only a 100yds wide and about 250yds long but slopes downhill,a gate midway across the bottom hedge and then slopes slightly uphill so brilliant for shooting.

I arrived last night at 8.45 and he was already sitting there with a mate. When I say sitting it was just that on a table and bench set that you get outside a pub. He has two of these on a hardstanding at the top of the field.

I took my seat on the other and we watched the Rabbits playing for about 10mins I thought I'd get a caller out that I have just acquired, it's one from Ben Spencer. Put on the Rabbit distress and let it do it's three minutes worth and saw a dark shape quartering at a gallop, it was heading for a small gap by the gate to the chicken part of the field.

Looking through the scope, I could see it was a pretty well on cub. As it was coming through the gap it had to squeeze low and then push up on his front legs to get his backside through, as he was doing he presented a nice white bib at 50 yds, afraid the only winner was going to be the .222.

I left my phone at home so sorry no picture. but the lad sent me one as a message, but I can't figure how to get it up on here.

I had to move on somewhere else so couldn't stay, but will go back next Tues for a few hours.

That makes 56 for me up to now, not many as far as some of you lads get, but as they say every little helps.

Edited by tonker

I had a call from the lad I got my hmr from, in truth I'm only holding it for him until he gets his licence back, long story and not for here.

He and his new lady were having a bbq the other night at a paddock they own, and as it was dumpsy dark he thought he'd have a call to see what was about. They have chickens on this paddock, but keep them pretty safe behind Harris fence panels and a bloody good fencer.

He was squeeking for a while and managed to call three in fairly close. The paddock is only a 100yds wide and about 250yds long but slopes downhill,a gate midway across the bottom hedge and then slopes slightly uphill so brilliant for shooting.

I arrived last night at 8.45 and he was already sitting there with a mate. When I say sitting it was just that on a table and bench set that you get outside a pub. He has two of these on a hardstanding at the top of the field.

I took my seat on the other and we watched the Rabbits playing for about 10mins I thought I'd get a caller out that I have just acquired, it's one from Ben Spencer. Put on the Rabbit distress and let it do it's three minutes worth and saw a dark shape quartering at a gallop, it was heading for a small gap by the gate to the chicken part of the field.

Looking through the scope, I could see it was a pretty well on cub. As it was coming through the gap it had to squeeze low and then push up on his front legs to get his backside through, as he was doing he presented a nice white bib at 50 yds, afraid the only winner was going to be the .222.

I left my phone at home so sorry no picture. but the lad sent me one as a message, but I can't figure how to get it up on here.

I had to move on somewhere else so couldn't stay, but will go back next Tues for a few hours.

That makes 56 for me up to now, not many as far as some of you lads get, but as they say every little helps.

Fair play mate thats the way to deal with them. 56 is a good number, dont do yourself down. Keep up the good work, and of course dont tire yourself out :lol::lol:

56 thats more than what i have shot i would of thought

Ok gents, to much talk of good results so just to bring things down to earth.

One farm I shoot has just cleared the third cut of silage so a perfect chance to see whats about. Went out, wandered round for about 2 1/2 hours, saw rabbits, hares a barn owl ...lovely.

Saw one fox..proceeded by fox **** disappearing through the hedge never to be seen again, went home, went to bed :lol::lol:

Took my L200 to the garage today, head gasket has gone (14 plate with 44k on the clock) and now I have a Mirage as a courtesy car which I doubt I would fit my rifle in.......

Pity and kind comments would be greatly appreciated :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ok gents, to much talk of good results so just to bring things down to earth.

One farm I shoot has just cleared the third cut of silage so a perfect chance to see whats about. Went out, wandered round for about 2 1/2 hours, saw rabbits, hares a barn owl ...lovely.

Saw one fox..proceeded by fox **** disappearing through the hedge never to be seen again, went home, went to bed :lol::lol:

Took my L200 to the garage today, head gasket has gone (14 plate with 44k on the clock) and now I have a Mirage as a courtesy car which I doubt I would fit my rifle in.......

Pity and kind comments would be greatly appreciated :lol::lol::lol::lol:

sell the l200 mike mine cost me a fortune and i am in the trade. new engine rear springs the list goes on. bought a secoundhand ranger that had put a trailler into the back cornerfixed it and touch wood no problems. 3 years on and well over 100k equipped with full shooting bench on the back and frame for gralloching :) . i would be lost without it