Fox club

WelshMike

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a Cub we shot on Saturday evening about 7pm - we had shot a pigeon that landed on the far left hedge row must have been sat there for 3 hours the pigeon whilst we were constantly letting shots off. then we saw a vixen come out the hedge and take the pigeon into the hedge row so my mate crept down the rape field sat about 20 yard off it down wind and sqeaked ( just off hand as didn't have caller ) and this little cub popped out he gave it one in the head and it was down. went back out last night to sit for the vixen but no luck will try again tonight (Y) all in all was a good day and a nice bonus to a bag of 96 that we shot and 89 picked (Y)

by far left i mean the hedge row to the top left of photo our hide was literally to the right of this photo (Y) he shot it near enough just of the corner of the hedge behind us ..

post-76757-0-65372500-1471264591_thumb.jpg

Here's a Cub we shot on Saturday evening about 7pm - we had shot a pigeon that landed on the far left hedge row must have been sat there for 3 hours the pigeon whilst we were constantly letting shots off. then we saw a vixen come out the hedge and take the pigeon into the hedge row so my mate crept down the rape field sat about 20 yard off it down wind and sqeaked ( just off hand as didn't have caller ) and this little cub popped out he gave it one in the head and it was down. went back out last night to sit for the vixen but no luck will try again tonight (Y) all in all was a good day and a nice bonus to a bag of 96 that we shot and 89 picked (Y)

by far left i mean the hedge row to the top left of photo our hide was literally to the right of this photo (Y) he shot it near enough just of the corner of the hedge behind us ..

Nicely done there mate and cracking presentation. :good:

How did you get on buddy?

Nothing showed, I took the 260 out last night, had a test shot on a very very lucky bunny at 435, just over cooked the windage a tad :) Its certainly a smarty pants "I will be back" I think it may be a baiting job and camera joby.

had to pack up at 21.30 due to light, and Archer a bit poorly. I will be without it now until hopefully next week.

I will have to revert back to the old fashioned lamping method. :sad1:

foxy1_zpsgfsnbvkp.jpgfoxy2_zpsbk9bovvm.jpg

another 3 last night out of 9 saw all were hard work just wouldn't come to call first shot at 168 yards off sticks, second shot at 150 yards off top of bales last shot at 193 yards off bales all with 223 and photon, first was one that wouldn't play ball other night turned up same place same time ,others were from new field, thought i better get out and do my bit since welshmike has taken up residence on his couch now :rolleyes: typical starts the club then sits back :lol::lol:

Edited by remmy1100

4 last night all surrounding release pens on cut barley and rape fields, one on the bottom had slight case of mange . called all 4 in using a new primos hand call its quite effective to say the least :good: the first 3 ran to it, however the 4th was not interested at all and was shot at about 130 yards. All shot with a .22/250 and a lamp

post-76757-0-91560500-1471420946_thumb.jpg

Got a call on monday to say there were a lot of feathers at one of the chicken farms so headed over just after dark. I was hoping to get set up on top of my pickup in one of the fields but found one of the horses in that field so that scuppered that plan. I set up on the farm track and set the caller going. I was stood about 5 metres from the truck when I caught glimpse of a set of eyes with torch. Quick dash back and got up onto the pickup, NV on and could see a fox sat looking back at me about 60 yards away. As usual my most hated foe came into play....the stock fence :lol: After about 20 seconds the fox headed off up the field and cleared the fence, quick squeak and it turned and sat down at which point a 56 grain ballistic tipped .243 round found its mark smack in the front of her chest. I nice sized vixen cub

Vixen%20cub%2015.08.16_zpsjxetqycf.jpg

Last night I headed to another farm, bit of a call then a bit of wandering and I spotted a fox in some rough ground. Got set up and over to the NV to see 2 foxes. I watched them playing for a couple of minutes before a shot presented itself on the first fox which dropped to a chest shot. As you will see from the pic it was angled away from me so the entry was placed further back and the bullet exited through the right hand shoulder. A good sized dog fox cub and a happy farmer. Unfortunately for me the other cub disappeared at high speed not to be seen again.

Dog%20fox%20cub%2016.08.16_zps4gpggm7i.j

Tidy piece of shooting there Mike, very nice result, what makes the rifle, I guess the mods a sonic, been using one on the WMR and the 222 decent bit of kit, cut down the noise factor a bit on both of em.

Had a skanky old vixen last night chewing on a few fallen plums in the orchard, thats the last shot for over two weeks , off on hols Friday unless they have got foxes on cruise ships I'm stumped 100%

Just given the whole armoury a pull through and a wipe over, all locked up with nowhere to go, silver lining as

always, going to collect a new calibre barrel for the blaser in the morning from William Evans at Bisley

So could wile a few hours away there

Keep grassing em lads

All the best

Patrol

two foxes last night first vixen in rape stubble 120 yds second dog taken on barley stubble 248 yds both with 223 and photon using 50 grn bt homeloads ,

nice to see you off couch welshmike :rolleyes: cracking couple foxes there mate :good:

Edited by remmy1100

nice work mike you get a lot of foxs mate well done

Cheers mate. I dont actually shoot a huge amount of foxes I just make a big song and dance when I get one :lol:

Tidy piece of shooting there Mike, very nice result, what makes the rifle, I guess the mods a sonic, been using one on the WMR and the 222 decent bit of kit, cut down the noise factor a bit on both of em.

Had a skanky old vixen last night chewing on a few fallen plums in the orchard, thats the last shot for over two weeks , off on hols Friday unless they have got foxes on cruise ships I'm stumped 100%

Just given the whole armoury a pull through and a wipe over, all locked up with nowhere to go, silver lining as

always, going to collect a new calibre barrel for the blaser in the morning from William Evans at Bisley

So could wile a few hours away there

Keep grassing em lads

All the best

Patrol

Well done on the veggie fox mate and enjoy your holiday. Rifle is a Howa 1500 in .243 Win (varmint stainless barrel with laminate thumbhole stock) Sonic 45 mod and a N750a with Nightmaster 800 IR

two foxes last night first vixen in rape stubble 120 yds second dog taken on barley stubble 248 yds both with 223 and photon using 50 grn bt homeloads ,

nice to see you off couch welshmike :rolleyes: cracking couple foxes there mate :good:

Well done you cheeky little monkey. My couch is far to comfy :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well done Mark those are some nice looking tame...oops I mean wily fox cubs :lol:

How did you get on buddy?

I have been after this smart bottom fox now for 3 nights, won't do calls just not interested. Walks all around the perimeters wrong side of the hedge. Stands out at 425 yards and skylined,at 20.30 -21.00, it's doable but not in that position.

This one's going to be worth the effort for sure.

Off out in a bit, catch him early, if he's stopping at 400+ then I'll have to take a tool that will reach him lol.

Nothing showed, I took the 260 out last night, had a test shot on a very very lucky bunny at 435, just over cooked the windage a tad :) Its certainly a smarty pants "I will be back" I think it may be a baiting job and camera joby.

had to pack up at 21.30 due to light, and Archer a bit poorly. I will be without it now until hopefully next week.

I will have to revert back to the old fashioned lamping method. :sad1:

Archer off for tube change.. :unhappy::unhappy:

Was out last night again after this Fox, Pulsar Thermal spotter and NM800 Yellow LED, I changed the caller from my bog standard ICOtec to my WesterRivers predator call to vary things as I thought that he was getting just a bit too clever. The Fox came out of roughly the same spot (450yds off) within a few yards and within about 15 mins of last time, creatures of habit or what...

I played the Rabbit Distress call, 1st time with this Fox because of the history. It came bounding across the neighbouring field of stubble, then disappeared into the nearby hedge, Im expecting it to appear around the hedge line to my left 150 - 180 yds off, as I expected it was there, but the trees and hedge did not give a clear shot, plus the reflection from the trees and cover crop would be a problem. I watched as it approached nearer to the caller which was a further 150yards away, I needed it into the centre of the field due to the lay of that field for a clear shot. I went to turn the caller volume down to just a faint squeak :no::no: :no: :no: the LED light on the caller that was normally taped over spooked the fox and away it ran.

Bloody annoying.

I think I will try an IED next time.

Anyway good news re Archer, sent it Monday back on Thursday today :good::yes::good:

Archer off for tube change.. :unhappy::unhappy:

Was out last night again after this Fox, Pulsar Thermal spotter and NM800 Yellow LED, I changed the caller from my bog standard ICOtec to my WesterRivers predator call to vary things as I thought that he was getting just a bit too clever. The Fox came out of roughly the same spot (450yds off) within a few yards and within about 15 mins of last time, creatures of habit or what...

I played the Rabbit Distress call, 1st time with this Fox because of the history. It came bounding across the neighbouring field of stubble, then disappeared into the nearby hedge, Im expecting it to appear around the hedge line to my left 150 - 180 yds off, as I expected it was there, but the trees and hedge did not give a clear shot, plus the reflection from the trees and cover crop would be a problem. I watched as it approached nearer to the caller which was a further 150yards away, I needed it into the centre of the field due to the lay of that field for a clear shot. I went to turn the caller volume down to just a faint squeak :no::no: :no: :no: the LED light on the caller that was normally taped over spooked the fox and away it ran.

Bloody annoying.

I think I will try an IED next time.

Anyway good news re Archer, sent it Monday back on Thursday today :good::yes::good:

bright old creatures at times thats for sure. good news on the archer mate. not sure that the farmer would thank you for the IED unless you fill in the hole

bright old creatures at times thats for sure. good news on the archer mate. not sure that the farmer would thank you for the IED unless you fill in the hole

Never thought about that :lol: Different field tonight, same Fox but different Field, different call and some stinky smelly stuff that may fool him.