Fox club

WelshMike

me and owwee had a long trip to another big farm he has just got. entered the first field and nothing but saw some roe in next door. after a quick check on the map went up the road to a large cut field. still light so we spotted a fox about 300 yards of on the top of the field. started squeeking to try and bring it in but was showing no interest. a quick look to the left and one is flying in but spots the rifle move out of the window and turns and runs back :mad: then suddenly notice another sprinting in straight in front of us stopped a large dog fox 50 yards out and dropped it. after seeing more badgers than ever before we called one more in. but would not present a safe shot. but plenty to go at next time and we know the lay of the land better

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bornfree sounds like a good one to remove well done.

Dougy have we seen a pic of this lab yet?

Badgers is an understatement there was a whole herd (do badgers come in herds?) I think every field had some and 12 in the one with the foxes. We walked right up to another group and stood about 6 feet from them with the lamp watching them snuffling about. They were not bothered and only grunted and snorted off as Edd gave them his best Alsatian bark :lol:. Unbelievable if I had not seen it.

We are on a mission now to get a black fox. Saw one on the levels last week and I like to think I saw another last night :)

Badgers is an understatement there was a whole herd (do badgers come in herds?) I think every field had some and 12 in the one with the foxes. We walked right up to another group and stood about 6 feet from them with the lamp watching them snuffling about. They were not bothered and only grunted and snorted off as Edd gave them his best Alsatian bark :lol:. Unbelievable if I had not seen it.

We are on a mission now to get a black fox. Saw one on the levels last week and I like to think I saw another last night :)

nice guy but colour blind

attachicon.gif20170517_191337_crop_604x604.jpg

Just a few weeks between the pictures.

what a smart dog. my mate breeds and trains fox red labs

attachicon.gif20170517_191337_crop_604x604.jpg

Tried to post 2 photos up but failed.

That is one cute little pup.

May I ask if your black fox was round and contained water :lol::lol::lol:

Cracking night. in place at 10.30 a fox shows up at 11.45 but wouldn't stop not interested in the geese just carried on trotting past them. 30 minutes later I spotted 3 over half grown cubs chasing about in the next field. I stayed in place I had a good idea they would come for a goose dinner, and it turned out prefect they all came separately about 45 minutes apart.one at 61 yards the next sniffing his brother and the next at 90 yards. And just before I left I heard the geese run in the pen behind me there was the earlier fox chasing them around got him at 110 yards.Back home by 3.15 am.

:good: Fair play mate.

I am having trouble catching up with 1 fox at the chicken farm. I have been out time and time again and only saw it once. Little sod was sat in the chicken pen on Saturday morning at 7. a.m...one of the guys took its pic....

Off out one morning this week from 3 a.m until 7.30 to see if that works....time will tell.

me and owwee had a long trip to another big farm he has just got. entered the first field and nothing but saw some roe in next door. after a quick check on the map went up the road to a large cut field. still light so we spotted a fox about 300 yards of on the top of the field. started squeeking to try and bring it in but was showing no interest. a quick look to the left and one is flying in but spots the rifle move out of the window and turns and runs back :mad: then suddenly notice another sprinting in straight in front of us stopped a large dog fox 50 yards out and dropped it. after seeing more badgers than ever before we called one more in. but would not present a safe shot. but plenty to go at next time and we know the lay of the land better

Sounds like Grants ever growing estate will present some good sport for you boys. Take care :good:

:good: Fair play mate.

I am having trouble catching up with 1 fox at the chicken farm. I have been out time and time again and only saw it once. Little sod was sat in the chicken pen on Saturday morning at 7. a.m...one of the guys took its pic....

Off out one morning this week from 3 a.m until 7.30 to see if that works....time will tell.

Sounds like Grants ever growing estate will present some good sport for you boys. Take care :good:

Its so annoying when they don't come every night. I've sat out for 5 and 6 hours only for them to come the next night. Their luck will run out sometime.

Its so annoying when they don't come every night. I've sat out for 5 and 6 hours only for them to come the next night. Their luck will run out sometime.

Hopefully I can catch up with the little blighter sooner rather then later, lets see what tomorrow morning brings :good:

Sounds like you should maybe try allopurinol?

Hi, yes thanks for that, they said they would put me on that, but you have to be clear of gout for a month before using, and I haven't been yet.

The only thing remotely foxy about this post is that my toe is very red. :yes:

Hi, yes thanks for that, they said they would put me on that, but you have to be clear of gout for a month before using, and I haven't been yet.

The only thing remotely foxy about this post is that my toe is very red. :yes:

Sounds pretty serious Tonker. :unhappy:

Are you off to Braces open day?

Another big dog fox last night. Hand Called in on problem area at about half 8. Had one come running in earlier but came from behind and as soon as I lifted rifle he was off. Sat with foxpro for a hour after dark saw one in far field but not interested. Went home sweating like a pig

Another big dog fox last night. Hand Called in on problem area at about half 8. Had one come running in earlier but came from behind and as soon as I lifted rifle he was off. Sat with foxpro for a hour after dark saw one in far field but not interested. Went home sweating like a pig

Well done. Fancy coming up to Mid Wales to help me with my problem fox?

Every flipping night there are chickens being killed, some nights inside the pen, others outside the pen, different times of night, fox in the pen at 7 the other morning. I have been out all hours of the night and day time after time....Farmer put some bait out yesterday and the fox killed at least 2 last night and didnt touch the bait. It doesnt help that there are 3 sheds and 3 pens, 60,000 or so chickens , you cant see all from one spot, there are woods all around, the chickens tend to fly over the fences, there are badgers everywhere.....I will get there eventually, just need the fox to find the bait so I can sit and watch (all night if I need to)....followed by snares.

Keep at it mike. Strange it is not taking bait sounds a bit like it has got a bit of a taste for chickens. Had one in the spring all it was interested in was lamb took a few nights watching the field. Sounds like this one is going to take a few man hours. Have you tried first light?

Every time I struggle or miss one its usally first light last light. No point in calling as you know.

Edited by bumpy22

I was out from 3.30 yesterday morning but the cheeky devil had been and gone as there were feathers everywhere and a perfectly stripped carcass.

Clever old fox and tiny by the look of the size of hole that it managed to get through with a chicken. I saw it once but only a fleeting glimpse and it was gone.

Its day will come. I dont generally go down the snaring route but I will have to if I dont get it over the weekend as I need to get out on some of the other farms I shoot on.

Get it snared Mike , they are working 24/7 when you are not there. I don't prefer to use them either but when needs must they are a valuable tool :yes:

Now sorted the picture posting :good: Some of our pics from the last week or so.

IMG-20170616-WA00001_zpsi1hhrzku.jpg

IMG-20170625-WA00001_zpsxavu14fj.jpeg

IMG_11141_zpspwjxpubv.jpg

IMG-20170614-WA00002_zpsjnd5pctz.jpg

IMG-20170616-WA00011_zpsrvbhw548.jpg

IMG-20170628-WA00001_zpscfig0uhs.jpg

Some nice outings there mate ....what are you using now to upload the pics ?

Every flipping night there are chickens being killed, some nights inside the pen, others outside the pen, different times of night, fox in the pen at 7 the other morning. I have been out all hours of the night and day time after time....Farmer put some bait out yesterday and the fox killed at least 2 last night and didnt touch the bait. It doesnt help that there are 3 sheds and 3 pens, 60,000 or so chickens , you cant see all from one spot, there are woods all around, the chickens tend to fly over the fences, there are badgers everywhere.....I will get there eventually, just need the fox to find the bait so I can sit and watch (all night if I need to)....followed by snares.

welcome to my world. if i have a fox coming to different fields i leave a tractor running with all the lights on and the radio on full blast. in fact ive just bought a diesel engined lighting tower for this job. it only works for a few nights though as they soon get used to it.

Get it snared Mike , they are working 24/7 when you are not there. I don't prefer to use them either but when needs must they are a valuable tool :yes:

Some nice outings there mate ....what are you using now to upload the pics ?

Still using photo bucket. I hear that they have changed the T&C's so that you have to pay to directly embed pic's. Mine looks different and wont allow me to directly click and copy the link's. If I click and hold them i can drag them to the reply box and then they are placed as before :good: