Pea stubble take two.

fenboy

After getting a reasonable bag on pea stubble yesterday I arranged to take my apprentice minime46 this afternoon to a second field I had seen a decent amount of birds on.

This field had around 300 birds on it Friday , I pulled up to the field and could see no birds coming in so I was a little worried , however after going onto the field as I drove down there were pigeon getting up everywhere .

We watched a few come back and set up in that area , I put out my usual 15 decoys and the magnet plus a couple of crow decoys .

I drove the car back down the field away and before I had walked back minime46 (Craig) had shot a crow.

No sooner I was in the hide the first pigeon committed perfectly to the pattern and was promptly missed by myself , Craig missed the next one and myself the one after :sad1:

I thought here we go again as I have not been shooting great of late but fortunately I started to shoot a little better though still not my best .

Craig perhaps shot as well as I have seen him so far with his new to him SX3 but he still has a way to go I don't doubt he will get there though.

We shot for around three and a half hours and picked 58 pigeon and 5 crows.

IMAG0719_zpsbpv6qw5r.jpg

IMAG0720_zpsfklm3ps4.jpg

IMAG0721_zpscorcu2mn.jpg

IMAG0722_zpsdikpxicj.jpg

Great. I see that Craig helped you out with your shooting. I must get him to help me.

How odd though that your peas have been vined and some of mine are four inches tall.

I need some help from someone ,unlike yourself .

I was dealing with the fast crossing birds just fine but have been missing to many of the easy ones right in the decoys these past few outings.

How odd though that your peas have been vined and some of mine are four inches tall.

Same thing I said to fenboy yesterday , we have got one field that have got small pods coming out of the flowers but after seeing a field of barley with the ears bending over I am pretty sure the grain harvest will start before the peas are gone , I recon they will start around the third week this month .

Well done fenboy on another tidy bag , did you have to do a bit of physio on your arm that got in the way of a well placed shot ? :yes: