Russians Banned From Olympics

Danger-Mouse

money, but not necessarily a bung. The world wide TV coverage and rights must be eye watering. It ain't a show without the Russians

I quite agree money is the number one priority here, but wont there be questions asked if and whenever a Russian ends up on the podium? Wouldn't this make a farce of the entire event?

Edited by Scully

I quite agree money is the number one priority here, but wont there be questions asked if and whenever a Russian ends up on the podium? Wouldn't this make a farce of the entire event?

Definitely, but commercially it will still rake in the readies and that's all they care about deep down. The Olympics are a TV spectacular, sport has very little to do with it

Then we get in to the para Olympics you do not even have to take drugs to cheat at some of those sports when you get wheel chair athletes who can walk mentally handicaped people who are not blind people who can see I am ok with people with limbs missing but if someone claims to have a mental disabilaty how can you prove it I am not putting the Paralimpics down I did enjoy watching some of them when it was in London.

Reckon they're all at it just to be able to compete with each other!

It's like the Tour de France, they reckon some people doping can get upto a 20% advantage from it, yet people who claim they're not doping finish seconds behind these people who are enhanced by 20% ? Not a chance!