Exorcist Head.

JDog

Some on PW may remember that when The Exorcist came out it was a pretty frightening film for that day and age. The main character, the girl whose body was taken over by the Devil, was able to swivel her head through 360 degrees. I needed that ability today.

Getting out by 2;30 on some barley stubble right on the top of the Cotswolds and setting up virtually in the open I found lines coming in from every angle. I thought that setting the rotary up on one side and two floaters on the other would help channel the birds but they would have none of it and approached from all directions. I honestly did not know which way to face.

These were mostly flighting birds and o ly a small percentage decoyed so the sport was different from yesterday.

The sun played its part by keeping behind the clouds for the most part and the breeze got up occasionally making it almost the perfect afternoon to be out shooting pigeons.

I picked 94. Had Lloydi been with me (tidying his sock drawer as usual) we might have had 95.

I will put up pictures when I return home tomorrow. The hide position and the views I had may be of interest.

To those enquiring as to whether the semi auto is now to my liking I would say a definite yes after last weeks tweaking of the drop on the stock. And yes I can now load three cartridges all on my own and I had three shots at one pigeon which all missed.

By special request from Ditchy, some photos.

Looking East towards Chipping Norton.

DSC07210_zpscffn4f7a.jpg

Looking West into the sky it seems. The hide was pretty good even though I say it myself.

DSC07214_zps3vh7jilu.jpg

Ninety four pigeons arranged Fenland style.

DSC07216_zpsunab7dqm.jpg

Edited by JDog

Some on PW may remember that when The Exorcist came out it was a pretty frightening film for that day and age. The main character, the girl whose body was taken over by the Devil, was able to swivel her head through 360 degrees. I needed that ability today.

Getting out by 2;30 on some barley stubble right on the top of the Cotswolds and setting up virtually in the open I found lines coming in from every angle. I thought that setting the rotary up on one side and two floaters on the other would help channel the birds but they would have none of it and approached from all directions. I honestly did not know which way to face.

These were mostly flighting birds and o ly a small percentage decoyed so the sport was different from yesterday.

The sun played its part by keeping behind the clouds for the most part and the breeze got up occasionally making it almost the perfect afternoon to be out shooting pigeons.

I picked 94. Had Lloydi been with me (tidying his sock drawer as usual) we might have had 95.

I will put up pictures when I return home tomorrow. The hide position and the views I had may be of interest.

To those enquiring as to whether the semi auto is now to my liking I would say a definite yes after last weeks tweaking of the drop on the stock. And yes I can now load three cartridges all on my own and I had three shots at one pigeon which all missed.

i do like to see photo's...but i do like to see pic's from the hide...the area covered..it adds much more to your post..you have done it from time to time.....but "we" all look forward to see more of your venue's......

once again well done from the land of milk and honey...........

Two ninety odd bags on the trot for a man who a few months ago thought his shooting days were numbered is very good news indeed and I hope you have many more to come.

The weeks holiday you had in our fine county done you the world of good , breathing in the sea air and tucking into the local produce must have made a big difference on your declining health and the sorry state you were getting into with your shooting problems , and to put the icing on the cake , you had one of your best days on a flight line with the A Team , and as a bonus , learnt one or words you have never heard before :lol:

Very nice clear photos Mr JDog , I agree with what you say about your hide blending in , in fact I had to put the wifes glasses on to see where it was .

Another horror film you could have used for heads revolving round 360 degrees in your title was The H(OWL)ING :lol:

By special request from Ditchy, some photos.

Looking East towards Chipping Norton.

DSC07210_zpscffn4f7a.jpg

Looking West into the sky it seems. The hide was pretty good even though I say it myself.

DSC07214_zps3vh7jilu.jpg

Ninety four pigeons arranged Fenland style.

DSC07216_zpsunab7dqm.jpg

Oh JDog, you didn't just lay down a challenge to me did you, Sire, I accept your gauntlet :)

you can see 360 deg'................what was attracting the birds in the first place...........had the fallen seed chitted...or were they after something else...

The fields had been scuffed and rolled but there was seed on the top. My spy told me that a lot of pigeons had been feeding on the fields before they were harvested.