photon xt 6.5x50 night vision rifle scope

radio1ham

hello everyone im thinking on getting one of these night scopes but was wondering if anyone has any experiance using them

i would be looking at the 6.5x50

is there anyone around the north east uk have one i could have a look through to see what they are like , ive seen loads of videos on youtube about these and

some say they are ok and some say waste of time and some say brilliant

so would love to be able to have a look through a one with my own eyes as they say

thanks in advace fo reading my post

i waited 2 years for this to come on the market knowing yukon were making them and bought one on release best night vision scope on the market (my opinion) and good yukon warranty, i prefer the MK 1s and have 2 the MK2 has a different reticule system put once you get the zero it will do all required for night shooting, can add a T38 I/R torch to get a better clarity and front cap with 25 mm hole helps this to, remember to put cap with red lens on in day light, just setting mine up again for the CZ 455 zero to 50 yards T38 torch from andy at ludicrous lumins about £35, good luck if you get one to see and buy, see what others say

I literally just picked my Photon up today...it's going on my CZ 527 in 222......BUT, like a muppet, forgot to pick up the mounts...back to the shop tomorrow now...been playing around with it all afternoon ( the scope :) ) and it seems great, easy enough to work...cant wait to get out with it tomorrow night.. :)

Just ordered a T38 from Ludicrous Lumins as well, as advised...:)

BTW, anyone know what mounts i'll need to buy?? :)

Edited by Norrie

I literally just picked my Photon up today...it's going on my CZ 527 in 222......BUT, like a muppet, forgot to pick up the mounts...back to the shop tomorrow now...been playing around with it all afternoon ( the scope :) ) and it seems great, easy enough to work...cant wait to get out with it tomorrow night.. :)

Just ordered a T38 from Ludicrous Lumins as well, as advised... :)

BTW, anyone know what mounts i'll need to buy?? :)

I bought the dedicated mount for mine, the Yukon photon SW-30, get better eye relief.

hello everyone im thinking on getting one of these night scopes but was wondering if anyone has any experiance using them

i would be looking at the 6.5x50

is there anyone around the north east uk have one i could have a look through to see what they are like , ive seen loads of videos on youtube about these and

some say they are ok and some say waste of time and some say brilliant

so would love to be able to have a look through a one with my own eyes as they say

thanks in advace fo reading my post

hi mate im in benton got 6.5 x 50 your welcome to have look if you want no problem,find mine spot on have shot hundreds of rabbits with it and never had any compliant ,what people forget its a £400 scope its never going to be on par with likes of n750 ,drone pro ect ect that cost 4 times as much but for a budget scope its dam good but it does need extra ir nm800 / t20 or similar for longer range use

Edited by remmy1100

ive had the mk1 with doubler which i quite liked,and the mk2 which was ok although i prefer turrets to zero sights,i also did a extreme conversion on the mk2 which makes it as good as the drone pro according to some,although never having looked through a drone i wouldnt know

the only problem with any dedicated NV and i think thats what the photon is best at,is that your tying up one rifle,unless you buy qd mounts and a rail,but for the money you cant really go wrong

if i were to go down the NV route again, i would get either ward d 800(if i were doing alot of night shooting),or one of dave gs units,if it was only occassional nights

The only problem with any dedicated NV and i think thats what the photon is best at,is that your tying up one rifle,unless you buy qd mounts and a rail,but for the money you cant really go wrong

if i were to go down the NV route again, i would get either ward d 800(if i were doing alot of night shooting),or one of dave gs units,if it was only occassional nights

I bought the Photon to go on my wee CZ 222, it's my lamping rifle...and now to be a dedicated NV rifle... Still got my 243 and 270 for other shooting...:)

Its going to be coupled with a T38 that should be here very soon..., ...but, think I'll just be buying 30mm mounts for the Photon...as the mount plus a rail is sending the costs sky high...:)...

I've got the 6.5 on one of my duces and can shoot out to 200 with ease. It does need setting up properly however with a good IR

For £400.00 it's a decent bit of kit out to 200 yards, I use a dedicated N870 on the other one and that's pretty damn good but runs in at 4 x times the price. For general use its a no brainer

Pound for pound IMO the 6.5 certainly gets you on the NV ladder

Pattrol

well went out with it last night and was pretty impressed with it i spotted 3 fox cubs must of been well over 200 yards maybe getting close on 275ish at a guess picture wasnt the best but still would be able to shoot them , and also some sheep which had to be best part of 300 yards away and could see them no bother aswell ,,, even just with the moons ambient light was still good enough to use,, could see just about everything ,, i used the onboard IR and it was ok for about 50-60 yards not bad for the size of it then used my T20 which made a hell of a difference and then added the doubler to my T20 and it was good

altho it is an affordable piece of kit at that price,, you will not get military garde stuff anywhere near the price of those units im well happy with mine

all i need do is mount it on a rifle and get it set up

Ive got the 6.5x50 xt , the first one I had , wouldnt hold zero , scotts country sent me a new one and its brilliant , I use mine with a t50 ir torch which is a massive improvement on the t20.

Im tempted to fit a doubler , im not really sure why though as its pretty great as it is.

One downside for me was the one shot zero , I must have wasted 150 rounds lol.

I use Duracell rechargeable batteries in mine , my good lady made me a leather battery case and I take six with me.

Edited by mel b3

some good comments and thanks guys ,, i went out to one of the farms where i shoot a few nights ago and as usual there was a full moon which was handy i guess , while sitting on a high spot at the farm i could quite easily see right across the fells with the yukon and with the t20 ir with the doubler added to that it was lighting up right across the other side of the fell which had to be at a guess a good 400 yards away which amazed me altho the picture wasnt perfect it was still good enough to pick out any eyes

so i guess when the winter dark nights come around i think it will be a hell of a piece of kit for the price ideal for those spooky critters

thanks again guys

i used some cheap alkaline batterys from poundworld and they lasted for ages aswell also i have a charger for those types of batterys so i guess il get my moneys worth from those

• 4 weeks later...

Getting to know mine.. already used for successful ratting trips with the air rifle. Now with added ludicrous lumens t20 illuminator.. just got the .22rf zeroed, out spotting bunnies at 150 yards with ease once I'd worked out the spot/flood settings on the torch. This is going to be an amazing piece of kit. Just need to get some practice in..