Builders and shotguns in the house

Following on briefly from a recent post where someone enquired about leaving his wife in the car with a shotgun whilst he did some shopping got me thiking, i have some building work ongoing at home at the moment and wondered if i would be breaking any rules by leaving the builders unattended in the house whilst my guns are here? clearly they are in a locked cabinet out of sight and in a room the builders don't need to enter and the keys are not accessable, cant see i would be doing anything wrong but thought i would check first

The topic has been raised before and there were loads of comments. I would not worry, Guns in a locked safe in another room, and if anything unless its cowboy builders it wont be worth

it for them if something went missing from your house when they were working in it, they would be the first people the police would want to talk to.

I raised this question a while back and as mentioned previously got a barrage of responses many useful some not quite so. Anyway we have just completed building a 2 storey extension and the only time I moved my guns into storage was when we moved out for a couple of weeks during the work. I am glad I did, as apart from the security concerns everything was covered in a thick layer of dust it even got into my cabinet!

This is not a dumb question to ask and I think as responsible gun owners it is incumbent on us all to ensure we are doing the right thing from a security perspective..

I doubt very much that many folk know their builders to the point of being completely trustworthy, for most folk it's a gamble, they have no reason whatsoever to go into the room where the guns are kept or the wife's undercrackers for that matter and the keys will be with me, I was merely enquiring as to the legality of the matter as I don't want to spend every day for the next 3 months sitting in the house and could put them in storage if needed, thanks for all the comments

Not wishing to salt anyone's chips but I am aware of one shooter who a few days after having decorators in while on holiday suffered a break in where only air guns were taken.

He thought he knew them well?

Not well enough to satisfy his constabulary without an expensive alarm system linked to a call center.

They had obviously rifled his pad and were loose lipped in the pub as no one else knew of their existence?

More than one way to worry?

Sorry!