Thin shooting sweater suggestions

ElvisThePelvis

Presumably due to climate change, my musto vest doesn't fit as well as it did last season. As it's cheaper to replace the sweater rather than the vest I would appreciate suggestions for a thin alternative ideally available in a muted green. Thanks! PS - I am tight *** when it comes to shooting clothing so Harkila etc are out of the equation.

Look out for thin lambs wool v necked jumpers they are thin light but warm and cheap tatersall shirt a tie and your set for little money.

I bought a half dozen fro tessco about five years ago still using them now.

Imagine they will still do them or similar in dark green. Have a look.

I bought a few of cotton traders roll neck jumpers, worn under cotton shirts adds another layer that covers well. For less than £7 can't go wrong.

Ratcatcher mole skin heavy shirt also a nice layer, with a Quiltknit sweater and a RAM coat and you're baking warm in the coldest weather.

Something thin in Merino is the go mate. My vest has become a bit tighter (we obviously have the same climate-change issues in the Southern Hemisphere) and this year I bought a thin Icebreaker jumper. It's got a high-neck zip and is the perfect weight. Not too hot if the sun comes out halfway round the ground either. On a couple of really cold days I've put on a thin merino thermal underneath. I think you can get Icebreaker in the UK. It's a New Zealand brand.

Presumably due to climate change, my musto vest doesn't fit as well as it did last season. As it's cheaper to replace the sweater rather than the vest I would appreciate suggestions for a thin alternative ideally available in a muted green. Thanks! PS - I am tight *** when it comes to shooting clothing so Harkila etc are out of the equation.

I came up with a different solution to the same problem and it only cost me £15 -how about get a zip to match your vest and an offcut of appropriately coloured cloth and get a jobbing tailor to knock you up an extension piece to your vest that simply zips inbetween the existing zipper and can be unzipped when your unfortunate incresase in displacement subsides !