a bit of sport

yickdaz

not been out for a few weeks, so just wanted to grab a few hrs sunday afternoon, only set out at 11.30 am had a quick look at a few places and barely a bird to be seen, so headed to the farm we shot 108 on 2 weeks ago, birds still around on this one but the flightlines were only a fraction of what they were, there was a flock of about 100 right in the corner of one of the stubbles feeding downwind in quite a strong blow very unusual, I decided not to set up downwind the hide would of been blown in to me and birds find it difficult to decoy so went for an oak tree 200 yards upwind instead had a feeling they would pull upwind once the shooting started short session again 1pm till 3pm when they just switched off picked 30 woodies and 5 ferals lost 4 woodies that flew on hit with the wind carrying them well away

post-21887-0-58235200-1478476242_thumb.jpg

Is not the shooting of feral pigeons a grey area because of the possibility of them being racing pigeons?

I agree shooting feral pigeons is a grey area and could result in a hefty fine.

Feltwad

as you can see from the pic there are no rings on any of them, racers fly straight and fast in packs, not floating around your decoy pattern like these did

Is not the shooting of feral pigeons a grey area because of the possibility of them being racing pigeons?

no good to the owner if they are trying to feed in a field

I have a racing pigeon in my garden been there since 24 th August feeds with my chickens lands on my shoulder every morning

Edited by bullet1747

simon6ppc, on 08 Nov 2016 - 6:49 PM, said:

well done pal,nice shooting,,some of the comments you have got is the reason you never see me on here these days

water off a ducks back to me bud, its the usual people who make them comments, there shooting is done from an arm chair

water off a ducks back to me bud, its the usual people who make them comments, there shooting is done from an arm chair

I apologise if you have taken it the wrong way, all I am saying is you can be prosecuted for shooting pigeons with rings on, take it as friendly advise not criticism.

i don't know.....if a racing pigeon is fluttering about in the pattern with other ferrel pigeons and not racing home to its owner then it isn't a racing pigeon... racing pigeon owners have no place for a bird that doesn't come straight home and would probably neck them if they did ever turn back up. good shooting tex

Edited by SPARKIE

Nice bag there!

My uncle has kept racing pigeons for as long as I can remeber and years before that.

He says if a racer comes into a pattern then it is no use as it won't win any races of it's stopping off in a stubble park for a spot of lunch.

Edited by Nmb