Caesar Guerini

unico1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To throw another spanner in the works, called in to my local RFD and asked about CG to which he smiled yea all right he said seem to be lasting the test of time that a lot of folks thought they wouldn't. From a resale point why not consider a 725 more sought after in second hand market were his words.??

I'd rather deal with Anglo Italian than the chuffing Browning importers! I am sure my local RFD does too! :)

To throw another spanner in the works, called in to my local RFD and asked about CG to which he smiled yea all right he said seem to be lasting the test of time that a lot of folks thought they wouldn't. From a resale point why not consider a 725 more sought after in second hand market were his words.??

did he not have one in stock to you then

I know when I tried a CG at a demo day some years ago they are pretty easy to swap the stock around so if you want different wood work (adjustable/not etc) it's easily swapped...

May try one again but was somewhat disappointed last time seemed "twangy" (hard to explain) compared to my miroku....

Edited by HDAV

I think I will get shot down for this but here goes anyway ....

I owned a CG Summit for a while. I traded it as I became a subscriber to the theory that it is a "soft" gun. I could see the jewelling wear off after 100 shots. After a bit of rain it rusted a bit too easily.

Cosmetically they are beautiful. Customer service second to none. Fantastic chokes. But I'm not convinced of their longevity. I have now changed to a B725 and am much happier.

Edited by Big Al

Not at all Al, why would you get shot down by any reasonable person for airing your experience. This is not the 1st time, perhaps 2nd?,that I've heard of problems with the applied coating on the silver actioned Summit. Did you get a reasonable resolution from AngloItalian as it would have come under their 10yr warranty?

Not at all Al, why would you get shot down by any reasonable person for airing your experience. This is not the 1st time, perhaps 2nd?,that I've heard of problems with the applied coating on the silver actioned Summit. Did you get a reasonable resolution from AngloItalian as it would have come under their 10yr warranty?

Thanks - i know CG have a lot of fans on here (it's one of the reasons I bought mine) so i reckoned someone would start blaming me or poor cleaning and maintenance for the issues i experienced.I am meticulous about the cleaning and routine maintenance of my guns. The only other gun I experienced this type of rust with was a Bettinsoli.

I didn't even approach the importers. I got it into my head that it was a "soft" gun and traded it against the B725 black sporter.

The issue I had with rust was not on the action though - it was on the barrel rib. It came through the blueing / blacking. It went away with a good rub with an oily rag but didn't fill me with confidence.

Thats interesting and 1st Ive heard of a CG rusting barrels. Take your point but I would have had it back for sorting.

Looked at one of them 725's and was nearly temped, good luck with yours.

Cheers - just to clarify - the barrels were fine. It was the rib.

I don't know if they are supplied from a different source or if the are put on by the barrel makers.

To be honest I reckon there can be a 'bad' example or two knocking around in anything we buy nowadays, amd sometimes it may just be a case of a bit of bad luck.

I love Berettas, the look, feel, brand etc...but having bought 3 brand new ones on the trot over the last 5 years and each one having to go back to GMK at least once to be put right its rather put me off them altogether. Many are very happy with theirs and that's great, but 3 guns on the bounce was too much of a coincidence for me personally and I moved on.

Thanks - i know CG have a lot of fans on here (it's one of the reasons I bought mine) so i reckoned someone would start blaming me or poor cleaning and maintenance for the issues i experienced.I am meticulous about the cleaning and routine maintenance of my guns. The only other gun I experienced this type of rust with was a Bettinsoli.

I didn't even approach the importers. I got it into my head that it was a "soft" gun and traded it against the B725 black sporter.

The issue I had with rust was not on the action though - it was on the barrel rib. It came through the blueing / blacking. It went away with a good rub with an oily rag but didn't fill me with confidence.

I think there will be folks who have had a bad experience with every make of gun and your experience of CG is just as valid as the good experience of another.

On another thread Kingo talks about his 725 Black that has rust issues and has been sent back to Browning to (hopefully) resolve, but your gun has been faultless.

I have both a CG and a 725 and think they are both very good guns with no issues from either, the CG suits my shooting style much better so the 725 is getting sold.

Both have had their fair share of being exposed to bad weather and whilst i take care to make sure that the guns are dried properly if they have been wet I am not nearly as fastidious as some are in the cleaning regime and both guns are absolutely fine.

With the volume of guns manufactured there are always going to be some that have issues, it is the nature of things. Some people do get properly bent out of shape about it all though and as you say some seem to take it as a personal slight or insult to them if you give an differing opinion on the brand of gun that they champion.

With the volume of guns manufactured there are always going to be some that have issues, it is the nature of things. Some people do get properly bent out of shape about it all though and as you say some seem to take it as a personal slight or insult to them if you give an differing opinion on the brand of gun that they champion.

Spot on.

After my CG experience (rare or not) I will stick to the big 3 for a while. Browning / Miroku tend to fit me better than Beretta but apart from that I have no brand issues.

I can miss equally well with many types of shotguns.

Seen another rusty Caesar Guerini today that will be going back to the importer to be sorted, the gun had a small rust spot appear on the barrel near the rib after its first week, removed with oily rag. Today it had developed rust on the top lever on the side your thumb touches. Looks to be very thin coating that has worn through in places as the other side of the lever was ok.

Looks like a few teething troubles in the factory as this was one of the first batch of Summit Accents sold. Other lads with the same gun have had no problems.