Arise Sir Andy.

sako751sg

An example of a way of hiding the real mismanagement of accounts during an organisations AGM is to massively inflate the years expenditure on a minor thing like the money spent on tea, coffee and biscuits for executives at meetings.......everyone present homes in on, and wants to express their disgust at this "horrendous and unjustified" expenditure..........whilst missing the real, well hidden inappropriate/unacceptable/unjustifiable expenditure!

Likewise the real story is probably not the likes of Andy Murray or Mo Farrah receiving knighthoods, but who else has been honoured and why?

Totally ridiculous, not because its Murray although I don't like the bloke, everything he has done has been for his own personal ambition and financial gain. Nothing wrong with that, its very commendable, but it doesn't deserve a knighthood

Will his Mother be made a Dame?

Only if she does panto

Question is who actually nominated Andy ? and has anyone ever nominated George ?

I presume that the names get put forward to a panel of sorts and some committee makes the recommendations to buck palace who then make the decision on behalf of HRH

so you cant realy blame the actual person for being nominated whither you like them or not can you.

It's such a remarkable British trait to make a particular effort in trying to find fault with anyone who achieves any level of success.

I do wonder at time how some came to be this way with an innate level of bitterness that they seem to derive such satisfaction from to the point they wish to share it with everyone else.

There are no doubt many flaws in the honours system, however it is what it is and in recognising Andy Murray for the unparalleled British success he has achieved is merited given the precedent of what has gone before. I think it would be better awarded at the end of a career, and I think he is on record as saying a similar thing, but all congratulations to him. A genuine Scottish and British success story.

I don't really agree with you on that one, awards should be given for outstanding public service or sacrifice not for doing things motivated purely by self interest. Perhaps yes, on his retirement at a stretch.

Question is who actually nominated Andy ? and has anyone ever nominated George ?

I presume that the names get put forward to a panel of sorts and some committee makes the recommendations to buck palace who then make the decision on behalf of HRH

so you cant realy blame the actual person for being nominated whither you like them or not can you.

I'm pretty sure brett1985 tried to not that long ago, obviously George isn't suitable in the panels eyes despite all his titles and records

I'm pretty sure brett1985 tried to not that long ago, obviously George isn't suitable in the panels eyes despite all his titles and records

Found it http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/317321-george-digweed-knighthood-petition-now-online/?hl=brett1985&do=findComment&comment=2873149

Maybe Brett1985 can update us?

I don't really agree with you on that one, awards should be given for outstanding public service or sacrifice not for doing things motivated purely by self interest. Perhaps yes, on his retirement at a stretch.

Perhaps they ought to be awarded for that, but they're not. That is why I said based on precedent he is absolutely deserving of his award. Indirectly he is also performing a public service, it was perhaps not his intention when he entered the sport but now he is very much a very positive role model for hundreds of thousands of kids motivated to get into sport and tennis in particular.

His mum.