The Ayes have it. The Ayes have it.

poontang

So we can now get on with the job of leaving the EU, but! Why does it take so long to implement things, article 50 as been passed, why not send them the letter tomorrow? The time scale below is what Mrs May would like to happen but in reality I think this will run for 5 years and maybe longer, there are so many MP's that plan to derail the schedule it could take 10 years before most MP's are happy.

Mrs May's Brexit means Brexit will be so watered down we might as well of stayed in the EU.

March 31, 2017: The deadline Mrs May has set for invoking Article 50 by notifying the European Council of Britain’s intention to leave the EU

September 30, 2018: Date by which EU’s chief Brexit negotiator, Michel Barnier, wants to wrap up deal on Britain’s exit from the Union

March 31, 2019: Date by which Theresa May wants to wrap up negotiations over Brexit

May 2019? Britain formally exits the EU, following ratification of Brexit by all other member states

I don't think we should witch hunt those that voted against, unless they're going against the majority vote of their constituents.

Personally, I would prefer my MPs to respect the view of the majority of the people they were directly elected to represent.

Must admit i'm with this above.

At a glance a lot of the boroughs seem to be in about London which i believe voted strongly to remain, so it really fair enough to vote how ur constituants voted.

Different story if most voted to leave thou as there there to represent that area and the feelings/beliefs from there

Must admit its probably worke dout for the best now wth the court case forcing this vote now theres no legal wrangles or loopholes to come further down the line.

They'll be enough of them from brussels trying to unravel it all

I thought that T May really made JC. look pretty insignificant when she quite forcibly told him that he was leading a small demonstration but that she was leading the country. not even worth mentioning the libs.

PS I still see that King Nige is still baiting and goading the euros out there. >>> There not laughing now.

Edited by fortune

I see Tim Farron managed a whole 33 votes for his second referendum amendment :lol:

Even the SNP weren't mad enough to back that ludicrous proposal.

I see also that Diane Abbott stocked up on paracetamol before this final vote.

I've watched quite a bit of the debate over the last few days. So many sly, underhand attempts to derail or delay the process. But also some great speeches from MPs who originally wanted to remain but are now wholeheartedly backing the democratic will of the people, Oliver Letwin's speech particularly stood out.

Now the final hurdle, The Lords. I know the aforementioned Tim Farron will be pushing his peers to cause problems but I'm not sure they dare to do so. Any significant trouble causing may prompt the calling of a GE and I doubt any of the parties really want that.

I see Tim Farron managed a whole 33 votes for his second referendum amendment :lol:

Even the SNP weren't mad enough to back that ludicrous proposal.

I see also that Diane Abbott stocked up on paracetamol before this final vote.

I've watched quite a bit of the debate over the last few days. So many sly, underhand attempts to derail or delay the process. But also some great speeches from MPs who originally wanted to remain but are now wholeheartedly backing the democratic will of the people, Oliver Letwin's speech particularly stood out.

Now the final hurdle, The Lords. I know the aforementioned Tim Farron will be pushing his peers to cause problems but I'm not sure they dare to do so. Any significant trouble causing may prompt the calling of a GE and I doubt any of the parties really want that.

About time the Lords were reformed and reduced.

Actually Gina Miller and whoever the Remoamers were that were backing her behind the scenes have well and truly shot themselves in the foot. I'm sure they thought they were tossing a massive spanner into the works.

Instead they have set the whole thing in stone. Silenced their own opposition in the process

There was a correspondant on the radio from Germany very early this morning when I was driving back to London, he was saying that the British vote in parliament has barely been reported in Germany. Just a total blackout, nothing on TV and only a few non committal lines in the papers.

He was of the opinion that is the most revealing aspect of the whole story, Germany are now trying to bury it ahead of their own elections. Which means they have accepted its coming and have started damage limitation

Edited by Vince Green

Actually Gina Miller and whoever the Remoamers were that were backing her behind the scenes have well and truly shot themselves in the foot. I'm sure they thought they were tossing a massive spanner into the works.

Instead they have set the whole thing in stone. Silenced their own opposition in the process

There was a correspondant on the radio from Germany very early this morning when I was driving back to London, he was saying that the British vote in parliament has barely been reported in Germany. Just a total blackout, nothing on TV and only a few non committal lines in the papers.

He was of the opinion that is the most revealing aspect of the whole story, Germany are now trying to bury it ahead of their own elections. Which means they have accepted its coming and have started damage limitation

The problem the German government is facing is that 'populism' (another word for public opinion) is threatening the establishment and making it more likely for far right candidates to gain power.

The scary thing about France is that the only feasible opposition to the far right are mired in corruption allegations.

The problem the German government is facing is that 'populism' (another word for public opinion) is threatening the establishment and making it more likely for far right candidates to gain power.

The scary thing about France is that the only feasible opposition to the far right are mired in corruption allegations.

Yes, it must be tough for them having to put up with those who just want to represent ordinary people... :)

Capture.png

I had to laugh at this when someone asked him if he was trying to kiss her he replied I was trying to whisper thank you in her ear I'm not blind you now.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/diane-abbott-unleashes-fourletter-volley-after-kiss-by-brexit-minister-david-davis-a3462541.html

Edited by four-wheel-drive

This is more or less on topic. It popped up on my Youtube recommendations. Obviously I was aware of JRM but until I looked her up I had no idea who Jess Phillips was. An entertaining political discussion, far away from the run of the mill formula we see on most political programmes. I particularly liked the part where JRM (correctly) identified Jess as a member of the "new" establishment. Definitely worth a watch if you have 10 minutes spare.