Car valleting

fortune

I paid £120 for a top end valet and the job was ok but the local Polish carwash does as good a job in an hour with 10 people swarming over the car for £35 instead of having to leave it for a whole day

Edited by Delwint

my wife had her new Ford done before delivery.Was around the £300 Mark,also all the carpets and leather treated.If water stops beading they come out as it's covered for 3 yrs.

Personally I think it's a waste,would of been better getting the car home and applying a good wax like Autoglym.

Edited by Davyo

HOW MUCH 😞

ruddy ell. As above member said my local polish lads do a brilliant job anywhere between £15 - £40 depending what you want.

You would be bonkers to pay £400

You can tell the difference. Guy I know has hid Aston done along with his Porsche every 6 months and the guy spends a full day on each car. Washes it, drys it, clays it all off, polishes it and then waxes it. One tub of this was is something stupid like 250 quid but it looks better than when they were in the show room! The car is then protected after that until it all comes off in 6 months time. I understand not doing it in cheap cars but if there high end cars then I could justify it

HOW MUCH

When I read that it made me think of the time we were in a market in Soke, Turkey. The local stall lads were mimicking English dialects down to a T. Scouse, Geordie,Taff, Jock you name it and they had it off pat. I'd Coco. Think ah com int last shower?

When I read that it made me think of the time we were in a market in Soke, Turkey. The local stall lads were mimicking English dialects down to a T. Scouse, Geordie,Taff, Jock you name it and they had it off pat. I'd Coco. Think ah com int last shower?

Lol 😁

Yeah the 'lifeshine' they do in dealerships is a waste of time. I'm fairly into my dealing, do a few nice cars a year etc and my own. The Mrs collected her new Audi yesterday and it had been 'fully prepared' for collection, got it home and did it properly and the difference is laughable. For 300 or so speak to a proper detailer that will prep the paint and seal it properly not with cheap auto glym or **** like that! Cars are an investment so look after it properly

Edited by yorkshire graeme

Give your car a good polish with Autoglym Super Resin Polish the follow up with Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection.

This will give you just as good a finish and the protection of the ultra expensive, stupidly high profit margin commercially applied stuff.

My experience comes from being in the car detaling, smart repair business.

Cost of the above material to DIY around £15.

Edited by das

The comments above are great. I don't know anything about vehicle preparation so it is interesting to hear various options. The only thing that I am unsure about is, how do I know who is a proper detailer? What products do they use and what is the difference?

The way that I look at it if you can afford to pay out £2/3/400 to have a new car cleaned what is the point you will be changing it in for a new one long before it is going to start rusting its no big deal to put the hose over it once in a while and you may find it hard to believe but you can use hoovers outside the house to do the carpets over some people have just got to much money for there own good.

The way that I look at it if you can afford to pay out £2/3/400 to have a new car cleaned what is the point you will be changing it in for a new one long before it is going to start rusting its no big deal to put the hose over it once in a while and you may find it hard to believe but you can use hoovers outside the house to do the carpets over some people have just got to much money for there own good.

Yes you are perfectly correct. But what I would like to know is what the products are and what's the difference between just giving it a hose down and getting a real job done on it.

[some people have just got to much money for there own good.

? How can anyone have too much money for their own good? Does the Queen have too many money for her own good or Richard Branson or Bill Gates or Paul McCartney have too much money for their own good?

The comments above are great. I don't know anything about vehicle preparation so it is interesting to hear various options. The only thing that I am unsure about is, how do I know who is a proper detailer? What products do they use and what is the difference?

A lot of these treatments don't last and are overpriced, its smoke and mirrors. Potions and lotions that cost the earth but are they really worth it?

read up on it yourself, even if it doesn't inspire you to do it yourself it will give you sufficient knowledge to talk to these people on an even footing.

http://www.detailedimage.com/Auto-Detailing-Guide/

Edited by Vince Green

Head over to www.detailingworld.co.uk where the proper experts live.

A proper detailer will be able to assess your needs properly. Your new car may actually have paintwork defects which need rectifying e.g. Marring or swirl marks etc.

You will only get so far with super resin polish as it isnt really a polish despite the name, so masks the swirls etc by applying fillers to soften them.

An actual abrasive polish will be needed to remove swirls etc from the top coat before waxing or applying a more durable ceramic coating.

Time consuming process but rewarding to do yourself. Just did my 2 cars yesterday and it took a good few hrs.

Edited by stuey