PigeonWatch Fishing Match?

lopylui

River Yare Norfolk. Ditchmans way. Proper tidal river fishing! Plenty of roach, bream and hybrids. Plenty of pegs (50+) good access, scenery and wildlife. Feeder, float, pole or pole feeder all work. 60lb+ needed to win some matches if you on the bream. 20lb+ bags of roach common for section win. Check out match results/booking on line. Local pubs n accommodation for meet/draw/ breakfast. Watch out for boats. NB

Now that sounds like a proper match. No pasties mud pig puddlin' there.

River Yare Norfolk. Ditchmans way. Proper tidal river fishing! Plenty of roach, bream and hybrids. Plenty of pegs (50+) good access, scenery and wildlife. Feeder, float, pole or pole feeder all work. 60lb+ needed to win some matches if you on the bream. 20lb+ bags of roach common for section win. Check out match results/booking on line. Local pubs n accommodation for meet/draw/ breakfast. Watch out for boats. NB

I would have "home" advantage

Good places to fish

River Yare Norfolk. Ditchmans way. Proper tidal river fishing! Plenty of roach, bream and hybrids. Plenty of pegs (50+) good access, scenery and wildlife. Feeder, float, pole or pole feeder all work. 60lb+ needed to win some matches if you on the bream. 20lb+ bags of roach common for section win. Check out match results/booking on line. Local pubs n accommodation for meet/draw/ breakfast. Watch out for boats. NB[/quo

The wensum where it joins the yare is a super spot for the monster bream

Harnser.

Midlands reservoir trout match surely? About as central as you can get, easily able to cater for a large number of us and not too pricey. Could do a random boat draw and fish as a pair in your boat so it will be a right old mix of abilities! Competition purely based on weight of 16 fish basket for the boat, no time bonus? Will happily help organise if we get a few interested.

A central venue if just one occasion or say three or four, but different, trout on fly still water, a good course fishing venue, and how about a beech casting venue for those of us who's stomachs don't enjoy being pitched about on an Atlantic swell. Points scored on each according to result with a prize for the winner etc. That could be great fun.

Edited by Walker570

A central venue if just one occasion or say three or four, but different, trout on fly still water, a good course fishing venue, and how about a beech casting venue for those of us who's stomachs don't enjoy being pitched about on an Atlantic swell. Points scored on each according to result with a prize for the winner etc. That could be great fun.

Tend not to get such a great deal of crossover between disciplines though do we. I'd certainly fancy my chances wrt fly fishing, but put me on a beach or carp pond and I wouldn't have the foggiest. Probably a better idea having individual comps for each different discipline and people can pick and choose which they attend

Tend not to get such a great deal of crossover between disciplines though do we. I'd certainly fancy my chances wrt fly fishing, but put me on a beach or carp pond and I wouldn't have the foggiest. Probably a better idea having individual comps for each different discipline and people can pick and choose which they attend

+1