Shotgun choice

Hendrix's rifle

I know this has been done over but this is the last time Now! I'm selling my ktm so I will have a few quid to play with. Choices are either a hatsan or a Winchester sxp? Now, what would be the best bet, pump or semi? Ideas please gents got about 400 quid or so! Cheers :)

I had a go of an SXP two weeks ago... and for the money I don't think you could get a better gun if that's the type you want!

Printable, easy to clean very nice to shoot, winchester quality and most of all very fun indeed!! I have to say it was immensely satisfying to shoot if you get what I mean.

I'm an SX3 owner, so I'm terms of semis I think they're fantastic - the SXP is just the pump version and looks the same. It shouldn't let you down.

Dave

I personally wouldn't go for a pump at all, so wait a little longer if you have to and go for the SX3 rather than the SXP.

But more importantly, these two guns are polar opposites in feel, one is fairly chunky and the other is quite slim. You really should try both of you can and see what's better suited for you.

I agree 100% about fit, thats by far the most important factor in gun selection.

I personally wouldn't go for a pump at all, so wait a little longer if you have to and go for the SX3 rather than the SXP.

But more importantly, these two guns are polar opposites in feel, one is fairly chunky and the other is quite slim. You really should try both of you can and see what's better suited for you.

But I am interested in why you wouldnt see a pump as a viable option? I use a Mossberg pump on pigeons and rough shooting and also use my Auto-5 and SxS and dont feel its any less effective or hard to use than the other types....

But I am interested in why you wouldnt see a pump as a viable option? I use a Mossberg pump on pigeons and rough shooting and also use my Auto-5 and SxS and dont feel its any less effective or hard to use than the other types....

To be fair it's a personal preference to opt for an auto. I'm sure there will be many that shoot fine with them, but I do feel that if you're trying to take two birds for example, the movement required to pump the forend would affect the smoothness of the swing.

Other than the novelty, I can't think of a reason to want a pump over a semi auto.

I know this has been done over but this is the last time Now! I'm selling my ktm so I will have a few quid to play with. Choices are either a hatsan or a Winchester sxp? Now, what would be the best bet, pump or semi? Ideas please gents got about 400 quid or so! Cheers :)

hello, let us know what you buy and happy shooting.