Need FAC advice

Hi

Just been granted .243 FAC for deer and fox. I have my own permission where i shoot and it is a closed certificate. My friend has invited me along to one of his permissions to do some fox shooting, he uses a 22-50. Am I alright to go along with my own rifle to shoot or do I have to use his?

a closed fac means the land on it is the only land you can shoot on till you get an open certificate that allows you to shoot on any land that is suitable and have permission

Not correct. He is allowed to shoot on any land he has permission and has been cleared by the police for his calibre.

I have 20 or so pieces of land cleared. An open ticket for hmr a closed ticket for .243 all of which is in my mind a load of ********.

if unsure ring your local firearms and check land

+1. I've been invited on several permissions in the last few years. I called the Firearms Dept, give the name of the person and their farms address, and both had been cleared to .308, so i was told to crack on with my .223. All i was asked to do was get signed permission from the land owner asap and send it in. Which i did, job done, and off i went. :good:

That was West Mercia though, your force may have slightly different rules. Which seems to be the case with most forces all over the darn country....

+1. I've been invited on several permissions in the last few years. I called the Firearms Dept, give the name of the person and their farms address, and both had been cleared to .308, so i was told to crack on with my .223. All i was asked to do was get signed permission from the land owner asap and send it in. Which i did, job done, and off i went. :good:

That was West Mercia though, your force may have slightly different rules. Which seems to be the case with most forces all over the darn country....

There are no 'local rules', the law is the law unless you have some random condition on your FAC.

In this instance there is no requirement at all for you to obtain and provide them with a copy of signed permission.

For you to assure yourself that the said land is passed for the calibre you will be using is sufficient.

In the past I have emailed feo in the area the land is in and got a reply within an hour or so, a copy of which is kept in my folder.

Edited by Good shot?

In this instance there is no requirement at all for you to obtain and provide them with a copy of signed permission.

For you to assure yourself that the said land is passed for the calibre you will be using is sufficient.

In the past I have emailed feo in the area the land is in and got a reply within an hour or so, a copy of which is kept in my folder.

I argued the point that all it says on my ticket is make sure it's cleared so that's what I did and said I'm not doing anything that it doesn't say to do. If it said to send a slip on fair enough but it didnt. Got an apology about an hour later for them trying to make me send a form in