No replies to "For Sale" ads. Change back ASAP.

Hodmedod.one

There has been JUST ONE new post in the "For Sale" section in the last 18 HOURS.

Judging from the above and the fact that there is a remarkable lack of ITEM NOW SOLD postscripts on the advertisements since the Mods decided to ban replies to posts I would say that this totally useless experiment is a grade A balls-up and a roaring failure (IMHO :yes: ).

PW has several thousand members and I will bet that no more than a handful complained. Therefore by default the majority must have been happy with the way it was.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :good:

I've seen numerous arguments on this and other forums about how selling forums could and should be run, and it's impossible to please everyone.

As far as I can see it's tyre kickers who ***** things up for themselves by stringing things out a bit, then bitchin about it when it gets bought by someone else. Most of these people seem to be kidding themselves into thinking they want something - just like they go shooting... in their armchairs.

In by-gone days we saw an advert in a paper then responded by phone-call with a view to examination and possibly buying it or rejecting it. What we didn't see was all the tyre kickers and car booters calls asking "will you take this much?" which usually resulted in me hanging up my phone.

These days, with the benefit of E13AY, PC's and camera's we mostly get to see the item for sale. If it meets our criteria we buy it, frequently taking the credibility of the vendor/member into account.

I can see the merit in TRYING something else - but is this method working for anyone?

Lambasting something new before you give it a chance is a bit gaylordian though.

Why not give it a couple of weeks and see how it goes, people need a chance to get used to it.

Personally I don't care how it works :good:

it was better the way it was :yes:

the sales section has been **** for weeks. ever since mods started deleting bits that they deemed unnecessary, this new approach may well be applied to the rest of the board and we can all do one.

:good: - i'm with most of the other guys on this subject - there also is a problem with the sporting pics section, sometimes you see the pics, then you dont.

i am all for change, but this just not working - i thought a forum was for its members.

it was better the way it was :good:

the sales section has been **** for weeks. ever since mods started deleting bits that they deemed unnecessary, this new approach may well be applied to the rest of the board and we can all do one.

:good: - i'm with most of the other guys on this subject - there also is a problem with the sporting pics section, sometimes you see the pics, then you dont.

i am all for change, but this just not working - i thought a forum was for its members.

:yes: as well this sucks ???

If that is how the mods want this site to be then just sell/buy on another site. I don't like the new system, but it needs to be given a go before you decide its <QUOTE> 'gay'.

A well known air gun buletin board has a massive sales section which seems to work how they have it set up.

I also can't help but notice that a lot of people on this board seem to be using said airgun board a lot more than they used to, does this reflect peoples feelings about this forum?

If that is how the mods want this site to be then just sell/buy on another site. I don't like the new system, but it needs to be given a go before you decide its <QUOTE> 'gay'.

A well known air gun buletin board has a massive sales section which seems to work how they have it set up.

I also can't help but notice that a lot of people on this board seem to be using said airgun board a lot more than they used to, does this reflect peoples feelings about this forum?

I thought it had already had "a go", albeit a short one. If your car goes wrong you don't wait two weeks to see if it miraculously rights itself, so why should we have to wait two weeks (or so) for this to be returned to its former state?

The A*rg*nBBS sales section is currently the same as the PW one used to be. That is why it still works.

If the Mods and Admin don't listen to the wishes of the members, they will end up with a much poorer site for everyone.

>so why should we have to wait two weeks (or so) for this to be returned to its former state?

Because other wise you will never know if the people of pigeonwatch can adapt. No you would not leave your car, but if you did it might just right itself, but you would never know because you had fixed it.

Rome wasn't built in a day!

Personally i dont think its a good idea. If someone wants to buy something they would normally post "I'll have it please" but this is not possible anymore. If the seller is not online for a while, it cannot be updated and people will get annoyed due to the uncertainty about whether it is sold or not.

The reason to change the old system was?:yes:?????:good:?:good:?:)?:lol:?:lol:???

Someone please explain!!!!!!!!!! :good:

as I undertsand it..

the person selling the goods would describe them,

someone would ask a question,

the seller would go to great lengths to describe again and even add pictures etc,

the potential 'buyer' would dissapear without a 'by or leave or kiss my *rse'