logging in

scotland rifles

This seems to affect some people and not others, its is being looked at.

Only having the, "-? New Messages" and the "logging in" left to sort out, is quite a relief.

umm I have 5 new msg (all read and deleted) but it seems to keep track rather than return to none once read

There are two different ways to log in to PW. The quick way is to use the quick log in box that appers on the right hand side at the top. Usng the quick log-inwill not remember any settings you originally selected on oining or using the main log-in.

To use the main log-in, log out and then click on the log-in that apears in the red message box at the top centre of the forum page. Put a tick in the check box 'Remember Me' this should then set a cookie on your computer and resolve your need to log in each time.

I am Having definate probs with the logging in bit. Have done so about 5 times so far this session.

Seems to be every time I look at new posts annd change forums then I go back to guest status.

Sticking with it at the moment but getting a bit bored with it all, esp when previoulsly could leave works PCconnected for days no probs

Trev

PS have had upgrades to IE 7.0.5730.11c0

I am Having definate probs with the logging in bit. Have done so about 5 times so far this session.

Seems to be every time I look at new posts annd change forums then I go back to guest status.

Sticking with it at the moment but getting a bit bored with it all, esp when previoulsly could leave works PCconnected for days no probs

Trev

PS have had upgrades to IE 7.0.5730.11c0

I'm getting exactly the same problem.

Cat.

There is a bug with IPB (forum software) #4857 where "remember me" is broken after upgrade to 2.2.2 (the version installed), I am sure Teal already knows but I sent him the link to the bug and the fix anyway.

I am sure as soon as he has time he will fix it, not great hardship, IE7 and Firefox remember your password for you so it's not like you have to re-type it all the time..

Don't know if anyone has the same problem as me. I Have to go to the forgotten password bit to get a new password every time i log on to the site as it will log me in but not seem to let me post anything.Once i have registered my new password i am ok,until the next day. Extremely annoying!

• 2 weeks later...