Right I Went and Bought one for curiosity

subsonicnat

Right the one I have is straight,Parrallel..

The other I bought,which turns on and off (shame)..

That is for a pickatinny Rail,but with a bit of fettling could be made to fit a parrallel Rib..

Tell you what will take a Picture of it and put a LINK To where it is..

Give me a bit of time,but will POST THE LINK,and how it connects..

Which way the angles go on the Sight..

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On my Model 37

post-75958-0-20087200-1503854940_thumb.jpg

post-75958-0-43108700-1503854942_thumb.jpg

This versus electronic...........plusses - no battery, no circuitry, no led to be shaken loose by recoil, mounts on standard rib (no rail required) cheaper than the reliable electronic units

minuses - not so bright and can be compromised by sun (but there again so can a standard bead)

Well the First one is dovetail,but as said it turns ON ..OFF.

May have another crack at it..lol.

Thought had sorted it with youtube video,bit better but by no means right..

As IMPALA Has said,no batteries etc..

Did you get rid of rambo yet mate.lol.

Funny mine did not have that on..

So,,yes it has an inverted dovetail on the other one,The plate I show disconnected is the other side of the dovtail..pity it never worked properly..

Did get all my money back,and they said keep it..

No good at the moment though.

On my Model 37

attachicon.gifopsight (3).JPG

attachicon.gifopsight (4).JPG

This versus electronic...........plusses - no battery, no circuitry, no led to be shaken loose by recoil, mounts on standard rib (no rail required) cheaper than the reliable electronic units

minuses - not so bright and can be compromised by sun (but there again so can a standard bead)

Hi impala59,, Took it Skeet shooting the other day,it was VERY SUNNY,The Dot was amazeingly Bright with Sun on it,,Did not shoot station 7,,,now that one at 3:30pm,is straight into your face so cannot comment,,only did,,1/3/4/6 on the test so to speak..

Have now put in on the properly,it was high and right,but now sits about 3 beads above the barrel pip.As said mine shoots like a TRAP GUN..

Not any more...lol...

So how far forward do u mount it on rib and is it just clamp on and go or set it up on a pattern plate at 30 m/yards

Just plonked it on to test it..

How are your eyes,put it at rear of gun where it will fit basicly,if for instance it was an Auto

Further down as the piston is at rear,,When you raise it to shoot,your left eye and right eye see the clay or what ever,,but FLOATING IN THE AIR is the the Red Dot,The outer ring dissappears.?.

Gave me some great fun testing it..

All I can say is,,if you have a gun with a high or vented Rib that you cannot shoot..

This IS THE ANSWER..

Have now aligned mine properly,will not even bother patterning as I knew roughly how much it shot high.. you should only miss if you are behind or in front,alignment has been taken out the equation,,,WATCH THE CLAY,,You cannot fail to see Dot,,,its in the Air.lol.

BREAK IT..

This all sounds to good to be true

As Said Ips,

It must work,or they would let you use..

Where as you wouldn't know where the last shot went,shoot above as I did first couple of shots,you know where the Dot was.Blank sky after a shot leaves you bewildered..

If you watch the videos on the Shotcam,viewed afterwards,Same thing in Real Time..

This would be cracking aid to Novice shooters,,As really they do not have to guess where the point of impact was,and correct on the next shot..

How do you adjust the poi ?

And when doing so does the dot remain in centre of lens thing ?

The question to that is where is your point of impact when you view in on pattern plate.

Put your bead on a target,,if it shoots,,High,Low,or whatever look through the glass with Holo on this time,Adjust to CENTRE YOU JUST SHOT..Repeat it now with the dot,,Then adjust as neccessery

To centre the shot..The position on the glass will be dependent on how you view and set it up..

Mine is about 1/3rd from the bottom,Right above my shot gun bead..Now Centred..

Gave it 5 shots station 1,incomer from low house,,Dust Mate..

IC and Skeet in chokes..it is great fun...

Have to disagree, Nat. I can't see how it can tell you anything different if you miss whilst using it.

Hi Motty good point,,

Well when I missed on the first shots going away H T,,I KNEW Where the Spot Was when I pulled the trigger,,As said it is like having a SHOTCAM in REAL TIME..Thats it really..

If you shoot under normal conditions,you are guessing really where your shot went,

..?.

Short and long answer there old'un,,,lol

Yes crossing shots as normal give it lead,short range 20yds less,bang on.

It is not really about changing the shot ranges's, it is more about WHERE the shot is put..

The centre of the target with the dot is telling you where the centre of the pattern is..

What one man sees as an inch,may look like a ft to another bloke..

The advantage is speed to where the centre of pattern is,,it will not help with lead,,BUT,, The sight

You are seeing is steaded,if that makes sense,Easier accusition of target to CENTRE,,Then gently put ahead,,FOLLOW THROUGH,,STAY AHEAD,,COME FROM UNDER TARGET,,It's your choice.

Which ever way you have LEARNED TO SHOOT....

Just hope this makes sense to everyone.lol.

All this tells me is how many of you have really bad fitting shotguns , and have no real idea as to what your sight picture should look like

Hi Stevo,,Right,,As I have said constantly through this thread my gun shoots like a trap gun.

Wonderful on down the line,But,Crossers are a different keetle of fish..

Having to Lead and shoot well underneath the target is very poor option to take..

What this device CAN DO is put the target into the centre of the pattern,,many on here have guns in the cabinet,they do not shoot because the gun is NOT SHOOTING WHERE THEY ARE LOOKING.Hence the Dot..

Many shooters have several guns to acomplish that,or have spent a lot of money getting it JUST RIGHT.

I For one cannot afford all this entails, I am NOT A SERIOUS SHOOTER.its Fun..

But if I can up my breakages by going from 60/100 to 85/90 per hundred I will consider £15.00,

Well spent...We must remember as well once the sight picture is accuired.

We May Well be able to REMOVE IT,,Memory is very good in this case..

I Hope this answers your question Stevo..