Right I Went and Bought one for curiosity

subsonicnat

There was a thread on here a coulpe of weeks back concerning a HOLO GHRAPIC SIGHT FOR A SHOTGUN RIB..

I sent for the NO BATTERY VERSION,,"THE RAMBO TYPE"..

Fitted to gun as is,did not line it up,But will do now..

WHY,,,,,,,Because they are damn dynamite thats why..

Got Called a CHEAT,,Now this is coming from people who shoot clays regular..???.

So what this SAY,,Yes that they DO WORK..

Gave two lads a go with it,,THEY BOTH WANT ONE..!!!.

Then got told they would NOT ALLOW THEM IN COMPETITIONS..

Why not,,,if you use the LIGHT PIPE TYPE ON FRONT OF BARRELS,,What is the difference..Same thing but the pipe is at the Rear..

So are there rules that State NO HOLO GHRAPIC..

It is just a DOT IN THE AIR,,Same as a fore sight..

Lets just see reactions,..

YES THEY DO WORK,Can track it as if you have a laser sight on it..

First Try and to be honest,Gob Smacking..

Sorry Edit... Forgot to mention if you are Left Eye dominant,Get One,,

Your left eye cannot see it,Cracking kit for teaching someone to Shoot.

Edited by subsonicnat

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No you can not use them in cpsa shoots.

2.30 It is not permitted to use guns with devices fit tted which have magnifying, light emitting, forward lead displacement properties, or give visual enhancement of the target.

Will be the same in any comp .

Edited by stevo

2.30 It is not permitted to use guns with devices fit tted which have magnifying, light emitting, forward lead displacement properties, or give visual enhancement of the target.

But you can have a mega bucks pair of glasses with lenses that enhance the target

Strange old world 😂😂😂

But you can have a mega bucks pair of glasses with lenses that enhance the target

Strange old world

It's just a pair of glasses. It starts and stops right there. When it comes to sighting aids whole different ball game , and comes with a whole set of new problems.

Plus there is a sense of tradition for want of a better word. Just man and gun against the same.

Would you turn up to a game shoot in camo and black plastic semi auto ?.

Rules ( written or unwritten ) are there for a reason ,

Edited by stevo

Not sure HOW they are banned under the above 2.30 rule, as:

1. They DONT magnify

2 They're NOT a laser, so no light is being emitted

3. They don't plot any forward lead

4. They don't "visually enhance"(??) the target

Sounds like they ARE good for CPSA comps under that rule...

Rules ( written or unwritten ) are there for a reason ,

...aye, them's the best rules

They do not enlarge the target,it is just plain glass. Tinted yes.

It is just like looking at the bead really,,BUT In the Glass it looks,well,very visible.

You only look at the clay and put the Dot,slightly bigger either on or the front edge,or slightly in front of the clay,,it is a really good training aid..

Pigeon shooters would love it,being able to MOVE The dot exactly where you want it missed one clay behind,,,was told that,just increased the next shot,,broke it..

Some of those targets were DUST,I usualy break bits of,Still hit,but this allows a very good idea where you need to go next..

They must be good,thats why the canot be used,,as said,plain tinted glass,and Light pipe,which I bet can be used on the Front Bead.. Will try and put picture up later,

It Fits the rail on an O/U FRANCHI ALCIONE ONE,Standard rib..

Winge , moan , whine , be bitches as much as you want , personally I couldn't give a poo.

There the rules love them or loath them. I shoot comps and I have to abide by them same as all the other competitors do.

Well all I can say is the two lads that tried it on my gun,said they were goi g to order on.lol.

I did Order two types,the one that has batteries,it arrived very quickly.

Good bit of kit well made alloy,about £13.00.

I have read up on them and watched on youtube,,Some of them had a quirky habit of BLINKING ON AND OFF.

Guess who got one that did just that,it had a Ring,Cross,dot,ring with a cross,in green and Red and different brightness..

Emailed them it was faulty,said I could have another one,or,money back,and do not bother to ship the faulty one. So got my money refunded,couldn't be bothered again.

Youtube gave the FIX,Tried it,didn't work for me..

The other problem with it was OUT OF THE BOX It needed to be atte hed to a picatinny rail.

So would have had to adapt it to fit a shotgun rail,where the non battery one is parralell and needs no fettling whatso ever.

So just sat here on the table,shame really as I thought about putting it on my PCP FOR THE RATS at night..you could shoot in the dark with this one,,,Wildfowling that sort of thing..

The one without batterys can only be used in daylight..

It would I think be able to be used on a Trap gun,as the front can be SET Higher at the front bringing the barrels to shoot lower..

Well made of Alloy as well,will set it up next time properly,but booy it did work well.

Doesn't look to shabby . I don't quite get the bead bit at the back and the lens bit in front, does the bead bit transmit the dot to the lens bit ???

Got a youtube link ??

Yes Mate, The tube reflects the light onto the screen,,but no batteries..

The reason putting it on was because my gun is setup like a Trap gun shoots very high..

So my pip is Below the dot on the screen..You can see both through the window,but the dot is higher,

So it makes you bring the barrels down..

I cannot drop my stock as it would put my eye behind the action..

As said,if you were cross eye dominate,the only eye to see it would be the right eye.

The Glass ring is not visible either,you are concentrating on the clay..

Anybody who is struggling, this is the answer.

It is percieved by some to be cheating,,?,,My son says it is..

If you want to learn to shoot very well on that gun you bought but cannot hit anything with it..

GET ONE..

Excellent another convert to red dot /red ring on shot guns .

It's hard to convince the traditionalists of the world .

Who get change .

I remember when scopes were new on airguns and the traditionalists extolled the virtues of open sights .

Then they tried a decent scope and never went back .

Why limit your self .

Who uses an old ring dial phone in a red box at the end of the street instead of getting your iphone out of your pocket ?

I am NOT Ging to get into the argument of enhancements for this item in particular..

Lets look at it from another way,!.!.

Chaning chokes from on discliplin to another, Cheating.?

Is a Cheek Riser, cheating.?.

Is automatic Ball trap Raised Ribs, Cheating.?

Having gun fitted,is this cheating.

Are Tinted glasses,, cheating..

It is after all only plain tinted glass,with light gathering pipe..

Which many put on the end of their gun..

Take Away ANY of the above and their scores would hit rock bottom..

Gun off the shelf,No alterations at All..

It would be a different tale

So you cannot use them in competition,no big deal,,I shoot for fun,

But would like to stand by a £3,000 gun with an off the shelf gun and shoot just as well..

This should be FUN..

Made offer got one £15 give it a try must say kind of dubious it will prove effective but can spend that on pizza should get some investment back in entertainment if nothing else.

Hi Mate, Right the sides are parrell both sides,it has tiny grub screws front and back,both sides.

There is also one at the front for tip and pitch..

The best way would be to set it up on a pattern plate,,I didn't,but it would put the CENTRE Of Pattern where the Dot is..you can line it up by just eyeing it..

I have now put some one sided,,Black,,, sticky paper over the grub screws to Protect finish on the rail..Have now set it inline,,,it wasn't before..,,,just to try it..

The screws on the right side now have loctite on them,,,So ONLY TIGHTEN GENTLY on the Left side..

It is so I can take it off to get gun in its proper box..

Then put it back useing ONLY The LEFT SIDE SCREWS..

Job Done..