Right I Went and Bought one for curiosity

subsonicnat

Hi Mate, Right the sides are parrell both sides,it has tiny grub screws front and back,both sides.

There is also one at the front for tip and pitch..

The best way would be to set it up on a pattern plate,,I didn't,but it would put the CENTRE Of Pattern where the Dot is..you can line it up by just eyeing it..

I have now put some one sided,,Black,,, sticky paper over the grub screws to Protect finish on the rail..Have now set it inline,,,it wasn't before..,,,just to try it..

The screws on the right side now have loctite on them,,,So ONLY TIGHTEN GENTLY on the Left side..

It is so I can take it off to get gun in its proper box..

Then put it back useing ONLY The LEFT SIDE SCREWS..

Job Done..

Thanks i will do the same then, leave off transporting clamp it on when shooting, are they reasonably durable take the odd knock or two.

Edited by lancer425

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks i will do the same then, leave off transporting clamp it on when shooting, are they reasonably durable take the odd knock or two.

Well they aremade of metal,but like everything if you bash it hard enough you could break it.lol.

Mine fell out of my hand,when standing on grass shooting field,no damage,not even to the blacking.just try to be careful,,as I wasn't.lol.

Not sure HOW they are banned under the above 2.30 rule, as:

1. They DONT magnify

2 They're NOT a laser, so no light is being emitted

3. They don't plot any forward lead

4. They don't "visually enhance"(??) the target

Sounds like they ARE good for CPSA comps under that rule...

...aye, them's the best rules

This is not meant to be rude or offensive to anyone. The bit about rules just gave me a flash back from a work college. Just a quote I heard now and again from him. A retired Sergeant Major of the Royal Marines. He then joined the Police. What a cracking bloke he was!. Anyhow........ His quote - "Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of idiots" Right or wrong. :)

Winge , moan , whine , be bitches as much as you want , personally I couldn't give a poo.

There the rules love them or loath them. I shoot comps and I have to abide by them same as all the other competitors do.

I've never shot competitively with clays, and know nothing about the rules..... But i suppose the rules make for an even playing field. But with most rule books on any subject, hobby, or sport. There is always the odd one here there that makes no sense.....

They do not enlarge the target,it is just plain glass. Tinted yes.

It is just like looking at the bead really,,BUT In the Glass it looks,well,very visible.

You only look at the clay and put the Dot,slightly bigger either on or the front edge,or slightly in front of the clay,,it is a really good training aid..

Pigeon shooters would love it,being able to MOVE The dot exactly where you want it missed one clay behind,,,was told that,just increased the next shot,,broke it..

Some of those targets were DUST,I usualy break bits of,Still hit,but this allows a very good idea where you need to go next..

They must be good,thats why the canot be used,,as said,plain tinted glass,and Light pipe,which I bet can be used on the Front Bead.. Will try and put picture up later,

It Fits the rail on an O/U FRANCHI ALCIONE ONE,Standard rib..

I currently have a fibre optic sight on my Beretta A302. It helps, a little. Looking at your link it appears that the dot wouldn't be in the center of the glass. I presume it does, and it's just the angle of the picture? I need all the help i can!!, So Personally i will be getting one. As with my fibre optic, i have to make sure i can see the entire circle of the bead before i shoot, which just means something else to take my eye off the bird. Although in fairness i think i only use my peripheral vision to do this... Hows it coping with the recoil. Any movement?

Pictures,Hope this works.lol.

https://ibb.co/album/bVJqQa

Lets see..hmmm.

Your rib looks a fair bit wider than mine. Any chance of you measuring the width of your rib to see if it would fit mine? I need all the help i can get with regard to using my shotgun on feather!! :/

Just ordered one to put on my semi auto. I'm a terrible shotgun shot so this should make me more lethal on the pigeons rather than spitting lead into thin air :)

Ian

Plus 1!! :lol:

Your rib looks a fair bit wider than mine. Any chance of you measuring the width of your rib to see if it would fit mine? I need all the help i can get with regard to using my shotgun on feather!! :/

Plus 1!! :lol:

The width of mine is 10mm,or,3/8" .

The is some clearance on that,,not a lot but clear of Rib.

As for height mine is about 3mm above the PIP on my gun,but as said,shoots like a trap gun.

Have adjusted it now,it is right above the PIP.Not left or right.

The single grub screw in the front middle takes care of height,

And the 4 screws at the sides account for left or right..

Easy to Set up..

Just keep both eyes open and on the clay,but, You have a friend,,

That Red Dot,,amuseing really,You should Not miss above or below.

It travels at the same speed of the target,.

I actualy put one ON THE CLAY and kept it smack in the middle till just before the shot.

It was an incomer from LOW House on Skeet,Just before getting too close at right angle moved ahead of clay,Right on front edge,,it was SMOKE..:-)).

Have shot for 50 odd years,wished I had them When I was live shooting..

yeah im tempted....will they fit onto an auto or side by side ?

It must have a RIB To attache to,,raised, I will check the depth of Slot now,just a sec..

Right,,must have 4mm in height to attache it,,minimum..

Length between locking screws= 112mm centre to centre..

Good questions coming up though.

Sorry for edit..

This is bang on what I see at skeet..

Yuotube..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ABrsD4OQNss

Edited by subsonicnat

A point i could do with clarification on is the fact the CPSA ban the use of such sights in comps.

This swung it for me to try one up to that point i was firmly on the fence about use fullness, the fact they ban them implies to me they could well work :hmm: This thought and watching a few videos on youtube i had to give it a try. :)

Look down my Posts mate,LINK to pictures.

While I am here,Found this on youtube,THIS IS WHAT YOU SEE..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hZCvbBKBz5I

I am a traditionalist BUT I am tempted for the auto. My Beretta outlander has dovetail scope mount will one fit onto that ??

If so which one and are they on amazon

Ps

This whole concept kind of turns everything on its head regarding the old adage of shotgun being shot without looking or seeing the bead 😞

Edited by ips

Yes and they are very expensive mate,I Cannot afford that..lol.

Didn't look at price. The Rambo (ha😁) ones look cheap enough to have a punt but I don't think it will go on my dovetail 😞

On thinking about this, what is the advantage? Why not fit a very bright and large front bead ??